CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Any experiences with DTM autobody?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-09, 11:49 PM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive had good experience with DTM and M1 both. I have also got work done at platinum vip so either one you choose would be a great choice. I dont know what the deal with DTM / M1 is but I've never had any complaints
Old 12-07-09, 11:58 PM
350nub
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far, I heard mixed reviews from DTM/M1...however I have heard more people with good experiences with DTM than M1....maybe they have different manager and work differently?

Chrispy, could you share your personal experience in here, I think it will be good to let everyone know....

or through PM if you like?

Thanks..
Old 12-08-09, 12:05 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

m1 dropped my car last year with s-tech..ahh not too bad...but that it for me...
Old 12-08-09, 12:38 AM
sgvdd525
Driver

I can only recommend Platinum VIP from now on.
I had my car repainted there and I'm more than satisfied with the work, quality, and customer service.
Old 12-08-09, 02:34 PM
D1GP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

PlatinumVIP

Please do not compare M1/DTM with PlatinumVIP. You are not comparing apple to apple, more like a rotten apple to a good apple =P

but give Platinum VIP a call at 626 472 7847....

They don't charge you an arm and a leg, they charged fair pricing for the quality of works they perform.
Unless you work at a McDonald and can't afford it, you shouldn't be driving a Lexus anyways
Old 12-08-09, 03:33 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Here is how i see it, M1/DTM have gotten good reviews from some and bad reviews from others.

Platinum VIP has gotten good reviews from everyone.

Do you really want to risk being one of those people that ends up having a bad review for a shop gave money to.

Go with the sure bet
Old 12-08-09, 05:05 PM
R6_Dude
Pole Position

Interesting....lots of hate on DTM (can't speak for M1, never worked with them)

Some say that DTM charges way too much, but 350nub posted they were the cheapest shop

Its a good shop, unless every single person hates that shop (which is not the case here) I say you go there and talk to them. I don't think they'll bite your head off

Those that had a bad experience may have expected more than just a quality paint at a FAIR price....i'm just saying.....

Give it a shot, if you don't like it, move on.
Old 12-08-09, 06:01 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DTM is for sure cheaper than Platinum VIP's price.

My friend painted a bodykit there and price was fairly cheap, quality was fairly decent too.

I have never seen Platinum's VIP quality but I have heard that their quality is top notch.

However, I have gotten a quote to paint Wald Side-skirts and Rear under spoiler for $1000. Go figure if that is overpriced...
Old 12-08-09, 06:33 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hell no just side skirts should be no more then 400 bucks^^.. I dont even think DTM would charge 1000 for a lip kit. Full body kit understandable. Yeah you have to actually go to the shop and talk to them first.
Old 12-08-09, 06:36 PM
sgvdd525
Driver

Originally Posted by radicalrev
However, I have gotten a quote to paint Wald Side-skirts and Rear under spoiler for $1000. Go figure if that is overpriced...
yeah that does sound overpriced but Im pretty sure that it was an assumption that it was a full kit being painted not just sides and rear.

you should give them a call again and tell them that you're from Clublexus im pretty sure they will hook you up.
Old 12-08-09, 07:13 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 350nub
So far, I heard mixed reviews from DTM/M1...however I have heard more people with good experiences with DTM than M1....maybe they have different manager and work differently?

Chrispy, could you share your personal experience in here, I think it will be good to let everyone know....

or through PM if you like?

Thanks..
David runs both shops, mainly M1 though. I think Maggie is the manager at DTM. I know they're capable of good work if they want to because I've seen them do decent work on some local cars. So why did they not do the same quality work on my car? I paid money just like everyone else and it wasn't like my car was a piece of crap or anything. I even let them know I was referred to them by a friend.

I brought my car in to paint my body kit. I told them to make the body kit fit properly and make sure the door panels don't touch. The body kit was already installed on the car when I took it there. I raised up the car as high as possible and told them not to touch the air suspension.

When I came back to pick up my car, they did not make the body kit fit better at all. It looked like they just painted it and put it back on. Instead of sanding down my door caps to fit, they cut a huge hole in my sideskirt for the door cap to clear. It looked terrible. They didn't call me or anything to ask what I wanted to do about that. Not only that, my car was sitting on the floor when I asked them specifically not to touch the air controller. DTM does not listen to what you have to say. If they couldn't follow the simple directions I gave them, it just shows that they did not respect me or my car.

David tells me he can make it fit better if I paid him more money. It was almost double the price for a little sanding and filling. I could not believe the way he was talking to me. His tone of voice totally changed after I handed over the money. He insulted me when I wanted to work out a deal with him. After hours of arguing with him, I had no choice but to pay for the crappy work to get my car back to take it somewhere else.

I can't believe he thought it was acceptable to let me pick up my car in that condition. I wonder if he honestly thought his body guy did a good job on my car. A body shop's job is to make a car look good my car looked worse than it did when it came in. DTM Autobody has no idea what customer service is and once they have your money, they can't care less about you.

Last edited by chrispy; 12-08-09 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-08-09, 08:19 PM
genetic
Lead Lap

shiiiet after that speech, you fools still wanna go there?
Old 12-08-09, 08:31 PM
vindedreal
Pole Position

my friend worked at dtm and m1 for a while, there kinda shady but when you pay alot and theyactually finish the work it looks good.
Old 12-08-09, 08:38 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chrispy
David runs both shops, mainly M1 though. I think Maggie is the manager at DTM. I know they're capable of good work if they want to because I've seen them do decent work on some local cars. So why did they not do the same quality work on my car? I paid money just like everyone else and it wasn't like my car was a piece of crap or anything. I even let them know I was referred to them by a friend.

I brought my car in to paint my body kit. I told them to make the body kit fit properly and make sure the door panels don't touch. The body kit was already installed on the car when I took it there. I raised up the car as high as possible and told them not to touch the air suspension.

When I came back to pick up my car, they did not make the body kit fit better at all. It looked like they just painted it and put it back on. Instead of sanding down my door caps to fit, they cut a huge hole in my sideskirt for the door cap to clear. It looked terrible. They didn't call me or anything to ask what I wanted to do about that. Not only that, my car was sitting on the floor when I asked them specifically not to touch the air controller. DTM does not listen to what you have to say. If they couldn't follow the simple directions I gave them, it just shows that they did not respect me or my car.

David tells me he can make it fit better if I paid him more money. It was almost double the price for a little sanding and filling. I could not believe the way he was talking to me. His tone of voice totally changed after I handed over the money. He insulted me when I wanted to work out a deal with him. After hours of arguing with him, I had no choice but to pay for the crappy work to get my car back to take it somewhere else.

I can't believe he thought it was acceptable to let me pick up my car in that condition. I wonder if he honestly thought his body guy did a good job on my car. A body shop's job is to make a car look good my car looked worse than it did when it came in. DTM Autobody has no idea what customer service is and once they have your money, they can't care less about you.

i guess that is what happens when the recession hits your business ... what a low blow to chris from m1 .
Old 12-08-09, 08:41 PM
johnnyboy
Lexus Champion

DTM autohaus will keep making up excuses to get money out of you.. don't go there

Quick Reply: Any experiences with DTM autobody?