CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Clear Bra Installers other than Aerotect

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-08, 02:10 PM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by pingu
Nope, that is their policy with any car with no guarantee they will show up. If they expect a $50 deposit then I expect a guarantee that they will be there or I get a free clear bra. IMO, nothing is free in business, if they want to have terms than the customer should also have terms.
Sorry for your feelings on this. If it would make you feel better, I can gaurantee that we will be here for your appointment or you will get a free clear bra on us.

As a side note, we only charge the $50.00 if you do not show up for your appointment. It's not so much a deposit as it is a trip charge for us coming in on Saturday, and not having work to do when we get here.

Originally Posted by flipside909
Why is a $50 deposit not fair when it goes towards the cost of the install and materials? In essesnce, you're securing your time to do the clear bra on a Saturday and shows you're serious to get it done. If anything, many people say they want to come in on a Saturday, the guys at Aerotect wait and end up with a no show.
Thanks Ryan. Yes, this just gives us a little protection incase a customer doesn't show up. I personally drive about 30 miles in to work everyday, and driving 30 on a Saturday when a customer doesn't show up can get slightly frustrating. Additionally when we have busy Saturdays, we have to sometimes turn other customers away... for a customer to not show up means that somebody else who got turned away could have had that slot.

I recall a few Saturdays in which we had a 3 or 4 cars, and only the last customer showed up. Makes for a long day of twidling thumbs at the office. Sure we can probably come up with something to do while at the office, but we would rather spend the weekend with our families if we have no cars scheduled.

Unfortunately Saturday appointments seem to get the most no-shows.

Originally Posted by Dogmeat
i did my my car initially at aerotect. Didn't want to drive to la verne for my front lip so I went with Scott Kim atAdvance Auto Engineering 1 626 808 7756 . Someone else recommend him on this board. I am satisfied with his work and he was really good on pricing for my lip. He uses the same material as aerotect - ventureshield. I've seen his work on other boards so if you google it up I'm sure you can find them. Make sure you pick up some plexus from him too. he has the large can for a really good price.
Scott is a good installer and a good customer of ours.