CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

On-going poor relationship with Lexus of Westminster

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-08, 11:19 AM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On-going poor relationship with Lexus of Westminster

I bought a CPO 2005 LS430 from Lexus of Westminster last week.

Car pulled to the right, and passanger side power mirror failed to tilt down/up.

Took the car back for a wheel alignment - it is out of spec. Tech puts it back in alignment, but still pulls to the right. Tech says it is radial pull.

I find out from searching that CPO should come with OEM equipments (tires), Michelin Pilot. They sold me with Goodyear Eagle F1.

So I emailed the Internet Manager to replace all four tires with OEM tires, Michelin Pilot and to send flatbed to pick-up and to drop-off my car.

I'm directed to talk with John Reynolds, used car manager. I call him, and he is not willing to listen what I have to say. He says that he heard that I've been complaining about the car. He wants to argue about the wheel alignment result with me.

I email the Gen Mgr, Mr. John Oh. He emails me back stating that his sales staff tells him that I'm "unwilling" to work with them to resolve the radila pull.

Mr. Oh sent me a letter stating, “You really are the most important person in our dealership. Your ongoing satisfaction is our primary concern and the cornerstone of our business. Our goal is to exceed your expectations at every opportunity, and build a lasting friendship in the process.”

I told him that he failed to meet my expectation. He says it is unreasonable....

What do you think? What can I do? Need you help guys.
Old 09-11-08, 11:30 AM
kayotik
Lead Lap

Gold,

Rotating the wheels or getting the wheels balanced may remedy the problem. I have dealt with Lex of West before and they have this "take it or leave it" attitude. Because it is privately owned, they pretty much charge whatever they want too. Personally, I don't see the big deal of changing your tires to Michelin's for you. It's not like you drove a few hundred miles already on the Goodyear's, right?

Best of luck to you.
Old 09-11-08, 01:41 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

geez.... i hope these guys close down. i hate it when people refuse to give good customer service when you just spent couple of thousand with them.
That is just wrong!
Call corporate and file a complain, eventually their attitude has to change with the high volume of problems they are having....
Old 09-11-08, 01:53 PM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kayotik
Gold,

I have dealt with Lex of West before and they have this "take it or leave it" attitude.

Best of luck to you.
This is what the Gen Mgr wrote back:
I will not be replacing the tires on this vehicle under any circumstance. If you feel that we cannot resolve your concerns or if you feel that I am dragging you down, I question whether or not it would be fruitful to go through the efforts of addressing your concerns. The vehicle already meets the CPO standards. I cannot help you unless I know that you will be satisfied with your car when we address your concerns.
Old 09-11-08, 01:55 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

i really don't like them, my brother takes in his GS to them to get his Ipod jack installed. went home, and it didn't work. they didn't install it properly they said it had something to do with the Sirius radio so they uninstalled it inorder to get the jack working properly after bringing it back a second time. they misquoted him the price too so he got it cheaper fair enough, then my mom takes her RX to get it done also, and tells them oh we mis quoted ur son so they raise the price. to me these guys just don't care to much.

Newport lexus FTW they treat u like gold
Old 09-11-08, 01:55 PM
kayotik
Lead Lap

Yeah, there you go. Tragic.
Old 09-11-08, 05:19 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

i had a bad expirence with them to, they just walked right pasted me several times (i look kinda young). and them they din't have any thing on the lot that i was looking for and when i gave them my number to call me when something did show up at any lot in socal i never got a responce. bummer and when i went to get a new master key they told me i would be like 800-1000 dollars i nearly ***** a brick they where very disrespectful in thier explanation of why it cost so much. so poo on them, i'm out
Old 09-11-08, 09:27 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

we should all roll there with our cars, take up their whole parking lot and waste their time pretending to be interested in buying a car lols.
and leave empty handed....
that will show them whats up with us.
When customer service bites like they do, we gotta let the whole world know.
Old 09-11-08, 09:31 PM
kayotik
Lead Lap

hahahaa. How about a large group of us go and just chill/hang out in the waiting area.. drinking all their soda and eating all their food... watch TV and stuff..
Old 09-11-08, 09:34 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasn't there a meet there recently?
Old 09-11-08, 11:28 PM
tryama
Rookie

I hate Lexus of Westminster. When I was purchasing my car, they were the most unwilling, unorganized dealership i had been to. They couldn't even find a car they said they had in stock, but still wanted to deal with me over a car I wasn't even able to see. So I left and purchased elsewhere. I would avoid them at all costs.
Old 09-12-08, 02:48 PM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GoldGS3
This is what the Gen Mgr wrote back:
I will not be replacing the tires on this vehicle under any circumstance. If you feel that we cannot resolve your concerns or if you feel that I am dragging you down, I question whether or not it would be fruitful to go through the efforts of addressing your concerns. The vehicle already meets the CPO standards. I cannot help you unless I know that you will be satisfied with your car when we address your concerns.

Gen Mgr emails me that he will address the radial pull. I have no idea what that mean. Address? Is this same as "fix"?

I asked the Gen Mgr to send a flat bed to pick-up and drop-off from Norwalk. I'm not going to spend my gas and drive time for him to fix his problem. He said he will not. However, he said no. They want me use my gas and use my time to drive there and wait for them to "address the radial pull."

This is the same guy who sent me a letter stating:
“You really are the most important person in our dealership. Your ongoing satisfaction is our primary concern and the cornerstone of our business. Our goal is to exceed your expectations at every opportunity, and build a lasting friendship in the process.”

I don't think he cares I don't think we are going to be friends.

I was hoping and expecting them to NOT act like typical car salesman. However, they exceeded my expectation the wrong way. They'll say and do anything to sell, and nothing to satisfy their customer.

They should know that if they resolve this matter, I MAY come back to buy my wife LX470, or refer to my friends. I already told friends and coworkers who asked me about the car and dealership to avoid Lexus of Westminster at all cost.

I thought I was dealing with Lexus dealership. Lexus USA is taking its sweet time. I called for help but nothing yet.

What is my next step? Any suggestion? Media? Consumer Investigators? Lawyer?
Old 09-12-08, 02:53 PM
kayotik
Lead Lap

by "addressing" means he will "check it out"
Old 09-12-08, 03:19 PM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kayotik
by "addressing" means he will "check it out"
So, do I take 1/2 of my Saturday out for them to check it out? I'm fairly sure that they are going to say that it is a radial pull and that they cannot do anything about it since they aligned the car within spec and that I should fight the tire maker, Goodyear.
Old 09-12-08, 03:37 PM
kayotik
Lead Lap

yeah man, that dealership can be very frustrating..... however, i know someone in the parts department named KERRY. He's from the my.IS boards and he's been helpful to me, at least for parts.. call and ask for Kerry: 714-892-5500

Quick Reply: On-going poor relationship with Lexus of Westminster