CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

jim falk Lexus of beverly hills. NO DEAL!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-08, 10:34 PM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jim falk Lexus of beverly hills. NO DEAL!

Went there tonight hoping to buy a CPO LS430. Came home empty handed.

Spoke with salesman . Made a lowball offer: he said no. Salesman said that there is ZERO margin on their LS430s. I told Salesman that dealers have 10~20% margin. Salesman said they don't. I asked Salesman for a counter offer. Salesman went to his sales manager. Salesman came back with the original listed price plus all the taxes and etc. Salesman would not negotiate. Had to walk out.

Anyone know a dealer that negotiates?

Last edited by GoldGS3; 08-27-08 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-26-08, 10:44 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

All dealers negotiate. It's part of the business.

Dealerships are in the business to make money. Don't lowball them...make them a reasonable offer and you won't come out empty handed.
Old 08-26-08, 11:05 PM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

I was hoping for a counter offer that never came my way

Maybe it wasn't meant to be.

What would you consider a "reasonable" offer? Asking price? 10, 15, 20% below list price? It's been a while since I bought a Lexus.
Old 08-26-08, 11:07 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

you should go to Glendale Lexus..
I also spoke with that guy at Jim Falk Lexus...
I told him that other dealers were offering a lower price, and he said to buy it from them..lol..so I went to Glendale and got the best price out of seven Dealers..
I spoke to James and Steve Lim maybe Kim (not too sure about his last name ) (both koreans sales man)
tell Steve that Kenny Jung (from the US Marines) told you to contact him
I bought the 07 IS250
Old 08-26-08, 11:22 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i agree with ryan. dealers see lowballing as a quick reason to show someone the door. at the same time, dealers aren't in the business of keeping cars on the lot so if you go back and offer a slightly lower than a reasonable offer, they may bite.
Old 08-26-08, 11:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

jim falk are bunch of crooks, don't even waste your time with them.

read my story here
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321144

they are idiots, period. all of them
Old 08-26-08, 11:38 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i always try to come in with something both the dealer and myself can work with. afterall, i figure the stickered price is the dealer's pitch to me...just depends if i want to swing or wait for another pitch

in the end, i usually squeeze them pretty tight...kinda know the in's/out's of it.
Old 08-26-08, 11:51 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any car that a dealer isnt selling is like a hotel room that goes unsold for the night, not making any $$$. if i was buying a used car and it wasnt a limited or low production car i would start low and see which dealer wants your business.the ones that do will work with you, the ones that dont walk out.
Old 08-27-08, 07:30 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

forget them, these ls430's are not exactly rare. I doubt they are selling well due to gas prices.

go to another dealer and don't give them too much profit
Old 08-27-08, 08:23 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
jim falk are bunch of crooks, don't even waste your time with them.

read my story here
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321144

they are idiots, period. all of them
^LOL^.

yeah i heard from my wife (her personal experience w/ one of the salesman few years ago) jim falk lexus is a creak-head to deal with.
Old 08-27-08, 09:37 AM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Thank you all for your input. Now I need to guestimate what would be a reasonable offer so that I don't overpay. Any idea? Maybe I should try another salesman at jim falk?

As many of you stated, I would think that dealership negotiates to sell as many cars as possible rather than have cars sit in the lot (opportunity cost and cash flow).

I tried to start the negotiation process by making an offer. However, there was no indication that salesman was willing to negotiate.

rominl, I read your post. I figured I'm going in to buy and drive away with a car. Who knew that salesman would not negotiate. Whatever happended to the art of haggling?

Again, thank you and CL for info and suggestions. I want a CPO LS430. Let's see if I can get one from jim falk.
Old 08-27-08, 10:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldGS3
Thank you all for your input. Now I need to guestimate what would be a reasonable offer so that I don't overpay. Any idea? Maybe I should try another salesman at jim falk?

As many of you stated, I would think that dealership negotiates to sell as many cars as possible rather than have cars sit in the lot (opportunity cost and cash flow).

I tried to start the negotiation process by making an offer. However, there was no indication that salesman was willing to negotiate.

rominl, I read your post. I figured I'm going in to buy and drive away with a car. Who knew that salesman would not negotiate. Whatever happended to the art of haggling?

Again, thank you and CL for info and suggestions. I want a CPO LS430. Let's see if I can get one from jim falk.
if you ask me, the way is to do more homework (look at all the cars available out there) and see what's fair price to YOU. now don't make a price where you are very happy but it's a dream price of coruse

get that price and throw it out. they like it, they take it, otherwise, you walk. keep in mind it's buyer's market now. there are so many cars out there, be patient and you will find your right one
Old 08-27-08, 12:55 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

beverly hills isnt the easiest dealeship to deal with. if you go there i dunno if the new car fleet manager can help, but if so his name is fritz talk to him or his assistant they should get you a good price. my parents got their ls430 from them.
Old 08-27-08, 03:57 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
you should go to Glendale Lexus..
I also spoke with that guy at Jim Falk Lexus...
I told him that other dealers were offering a lower price, and he said to buy it from them..lol..so I went to Glendale and got the best price out of seven Dealers..
I spoke to James and Steve Lim maybe Kim (not too sure about his last name ) (both koreans sales man)
tell Steve that Kenny Jung (from the US Marines) told you to contact him
I bought the 07 IS250
I had the same experience from Jim Falk Lexus. I gave them a quote, and instead of matching/beating it, they told me to just buy it from the other dealer. Interesting.
Old 08-27-08, 05:48 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

i wonder if anyone from Jim Falk is reading this?

My own experience with them was a few years back when i went with my friend to find a LX for him. My friend had the cash burning a hole in his LV messenger bag and he was very ready to spend MSRP without even negotiating.

He was livid. Finally we got fed up after waiting 20 minutes so we left and drove up to the MB dealership which was a minute away.

Stupid move on Jim Falk Lexus' part. That's no way to treat people who live in the neighborhood.

I guess unless you look 40-50 years old, jewish, a pro athlete of some sort, or a trophy wife, they dont bother giving you the time of day.

That's why i never bothered to consider them when i went shopping for both of my lexuses. Longo got a repeat customer for as long as i stay in southern california.

Quick Reply: jim falk Lexus of beverly hills. NO DEAL!