CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Newport Lexus has bad customer service!!! Do not go there!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-08, 09:24 PM
Namster
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Newport Lexus has bad customer service!!! Do not go there!!!

OK so I took my car in for service today since my work is about 5 miles away. Heck, I'd figure it won't be a long wait since there won't be that many people go on a Monday anyway. So I arrived at the service dept drive thru at 4pm and sat at the bench hoping service attendant would assist me. The service attendant was on the opposite site and he obviously saw me parked my car behind an RX. He was doing some paper work for another customer so I guess I'll just sit and wait. 10minutes later, nothing. Ok so 20 minutes later, still nothing. Finally, 25 minutes later, he came up and asked if I needed anything. I said yes I'm here for oil change service and check my warning lights. I asked him if I need to sign in or just wait here. He said just wait here and the customer service rep will assist me with the paper work. Ok so I waited patiently. 35 minutes later, nothing. There were few customer service reps helping other customers as they walk in and out of office, and one sitting in an office on the phone. I was the only one sitting at the bench as they walk by doing their business and obviously didn't care to notice that I was sitting there--didn't even bother to ask why I'm sitting there. 45 minutes later, same thing. I got frustrated that I decided to walk around and maybe attract their attention a bit. 55 minutes later, still nothing. Wow that's unbelievable, I've never waited this long before and the service attendant knew I was there since 4pm but did not assist further. Instead, he waited for other cars to pull up and several times chit chat with a technician. Exactly 1hr later, I said f@#k this and jumped on my car and sped away. I said to myself, bye bye Newport and will never come back again! And I don't care if Newport is like a mansion. Their customer service sucks big time! If I were to rate Newport from 0 - 5. I'd give it a (-5).

Never had I mis-treaded this way from any other dealers. Before I even get out of the car door, the service attendant would come up and assist me with the paper work. That's how fast they are with customers and that's how it should be--but not with Newport!

Well I'm glad I took off otherwise they'll charge me an arm and leg for the damn service.

If you had good experience at Newport, goodluck to you! If you want to go there, goodluck with the wait and the service!
Old 07-21-08, 09:37 PM
daageep
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a neutral experience. I drove up and immediately someone helped me. The only part I didn't like was the customer service rep. He did not look at me at all and kind of pushed papers towards me to sign. The service was quick.

Which dealer is best around the general area? I'm at UCI.
Old 07-21-08, 10:03 PM
Namster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by daageep
I had a neutral experience. I drove up and immediately someone helped me. The only part I didn't like was the customer service rep. He did not look at me at all and kind of pushed papers towards me to sign. The service was quick.

Which dealer is best around the general area? I'm at UCI.
I had good experience at Westminster (going there next)...haven't been to Tustin yet, but heard it's decent too.

Also while i waited at Newport for 1hr, I was able to see what's going on at the service dept. This got to be a joke. A lady came out from the waiting area so happy that her car was ready. 5 minutes later, the tech drove her car up all washed and cleaned. The lady frantically said, "sir that's not my car! Mine's white and that's silver." I can see the tech kinda said "oops" and drove the car back in the service dept. Boy, I was glad i was out of there.
Old 07-21-08, 10:47 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll vouch for Tustin. Turnaround is decent, always had a loaner no problems, it would just take the whole day. Since they charge me the same regardless, I ask for the loaner anyways (I have a 100 mile commute so the gas alone is almost worth it at this point :-P).

Only downside is the parts department, the Westminster one seems to be much friendlier with pricematching and such. Much more aggressive in stocking the F-sport stuff too. I'll have to give Kerry a call soon..
Old 07-21-08, 10:56 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hrmm i've always had very good service at newport. Someone would come assist me immediately and walk to over to a rep. I always talk to Nicole and she's always very friendly and helpful. So i guess it depends on your service rep?
Old 07-21-08, 10:58 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Did you get the oil change?

Newport and Westminster always bring my cars up leave the key in the car and sometimes I think about just leaving without paying the cashier....lol

Newport Lexus did the same thing to my cousin funny how it has happened twice but they didn't service his car!
Old 07-21-08, 11:00 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hrmm i went to longo for my last oil change. lol They put me through the express service line.
Old 07-22-08, 01:11 AM
nsxiboi
Lead Lap

Do lexus dealerships give loaner cars when you just get oil change done upon request?
Old 07-22-08, 08:35 AM
sportsfan8
Pole Position

I get pretty good service at Newport... and they always leave my key at the cashier for me to pickup, not in the car...

Crazy how people can have such different experiences at the same dealer.
Old 07-22-08, 10:25 AM
Namster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by valgs350
Did you get the oil change?

Newport and Westminster always bring my cars up leave the key in the car and sometimes I think about just leaving without paying the cashier....lol

Newport Lexus did the same thing to my cousin funny how it has happened twice but they didn't service his car!
It's not urgent. I can wait for another week for oil change.

BTW, Here's another thread from Newport
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=newport
Old 07-22-08, 12:21 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

wow you guys take the car to dealer for oil change? I haven't taken a car to dealer in years
Old 07-22-08, 12:53 PM
Namster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cbrasian
wow you guys take the car to dealer for oil change? I haven't taken a car to dealer in years
Because our cars are new and still under warranty. Once warranty is over, I'll go to one of my friends recommended auto shop and not have to deal with the stealership.
Old 07-22-08, 01:02 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

You guys do realize Newport is owned by the same owner as Tustin and Desert Lexus in Palm Springs? It's a David Wilson dealership.
Old 07-22-08, 05:53 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ister
Because our cars are new and still under warranty. Once warranty is over, I'll go to one of my friends recommended auto shop and not have to deal with the stealership.
just because its under warranty doesn't mean you have to get the car serviced there well least I don't with most of my cars other than the bmw since its 5 year free maintence but because i don't believe in 5k oil changes I do it myself considering how i've seen how dir
ty the oil is after 3 k and i drive it hard
Old 07-23-08, 11:58 AM
sportsfan8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
You guys do realize Newport is owned by the same owner as Tustin and Desert Lexus in Palm Springs? It's a David Wilson dealership.
Yup, I met the guy once before. Seemed cool.

Quick Reply: Newport Lexus has bad customer service!!! Do not go there!!!