CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Your favorite Pho in los angeles county and orange county

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-08, 08:13 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
Chris wanna join???
I am too married and live too far to run out to a quickie meet. When I was still living in Garden Grove, now that is another matter ...
Old 05-13-08, 08:32 PM
guillermo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite spot is in reseda
i dont remeber the name(what a shame ive been going there since i was 18) sherman way/ reseda is the intersection
Old 05-14-08, 08:52 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

There's one place I WOULD NEVER go again.. Hacienda hts and Valley corner. Workers are sooo rude !! food wasn't good either. As soon as you walk in and sit, dude comes up and keep sayin "#1, #1, #1".. that mean order #1 or something. (even before open my menu). Anyway, I ordered #1 lol. bit off subject but ... my experience... hehehe.
Old 05-30-08, 12:11 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

am i the only one who goes to pho and never gets the soups? i always get the chicken and rice plate or something of that nature.
Old 06-01-08, 09:28 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_NIICE
am i the only one who goes to pho and never gets the soups? i always get the chicken and rice plate or something of that nature.
I go to a pho place to get pho. I go somewhere else for the other stuff (although people who come with me do get non-pho dishes).
Old 06-02-08, 12:15 AM
tcr101
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

By any chance do you guys know of any 24hr pho places in OC.. i think it was off Westminister?
Old 06-02-08, 01:16 AM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

most of the pho places on Bolsa in westminister are open really late if not 24/7
Old 06-02-08, 09:26 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Can't say for sure but I wouldn't want to eat any pho that late....don't know how good their broth is going to be. Could get watered down a little.

Anyone who cooks pho the proper way knows how looooong it takes to get the broth out of the ingredients.
Old 06-03-08, 01:50 AM
sr20mofo
Instructor

My first fav pho spot was next to pirates cove arcade called Pho Hua (same plaza as NBC Seafood in MPK) that was a long time ago then they moved or some crap happened and that plaza has been underconstruction since then

Then i had to find another spot and that turned out to be pho 79, they were good when they were on Main St. then they moved to Garfield and it wasnt the same, soup seemed a lil more salty hence more MSG prolly

Now my new fav joint is Pho Pasteur in Rosemead, after having pho there i could never have pho anywhere else, ITS JUST NOT THE SAME!!!! DAMM u Pho Pasteur why do u have to be soo damm good?!?!?! i just ate there today and whats sad is i sometimes skip lunches with friends to go eat there instead i think they put crack or something in their soup base
Old 07-19-08, 10:44 PM
madoka
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sr20****
Now my new fav joint is Pho Pasteur in Rosemead, after having pho there i could never have pho anywhere else, ITS JUST NOT THE SAME!!!!
Is this the place you are talking about:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pho-pasteur-rosemead

Although the woman who had to go to the ER after eating there is a bit disturbing, I'm willing to give it a try.
Old 07-19-08, 11:26 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For OC:
Quan Hop off Brookhurst in Westminster.

Filet + Pho = win.

The best Pho 54 is on Magnolia/Westminster. Same plaza as DV. It is on the corner though.

One of the better Pho Ga (Chicken) is Pho Bolsa, on Brookhurst/Westminster. Same plaza as Boiling Crab/Carls Jr/etc.. Crawfish mmmmmmmm.

Not sure about 24 hour Pho. Thanh My in the Bolsa Mini Mall (between Brookhurst/Magnolia) is open pretty late and has Pho.

Pho Bac Ky has the best Irvine Pho IMO, better than Thanh and Pho Irvine.

Last edited by OC 335d; 07-19-08 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-19-08, 11:29 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lextreme
That place has the 2nd best spring rolls. The best spring rolls would be in Bardra (spelling) in OC. I think its on Westminister and Magnolia behind 99 cent store.
Brodard. Brookhurst and Westminster. It's on Brookhurst behind the 99 cent store like you said.
Old 07-20-08, 05:31 PM
TRDRAV4
Advanced

Originally Posted by guillermo
My favorite spot is in reseda
i dont remeber the name(what a shame ive been going there since i was 18) sherman way/ reseda is the intersection
Pho So 1...they've got another one in Van Nuys and another one in Alhambra. They opened one up in Oxnard (old Pho Saigon) in December, and I heard a new one opened in Simi Valley.
Old 07-20-08, 06:26 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

There's a Pho restaurant called Pho Ha in a Chuck E Cheese plaza in Rancho Cucamunga on foothill Blvd. in between Vineyard and Archibald...it's so good...
Old 07-20-08, 10:48 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jay
There's one place I WOULD NEVER go again.. Hacienda hts and Valley corner. Workers are sooo rude !! food wasn't good either. As soon as you walk in and sit, dude comes up and keep sayin "#1, #1, #1".. that mean order #1 or something. (even before open my menu). Anyway, I ordered #1 lol. bit off subject but ... my experience... hehehe.

i use to go there alot til one day.... my buddies and i roll up and it was like 4pm(dead time 4 restaurants) anyways the waiters, cooks, etc.. were chilling outside and smoking, just shooting the sheet i guess but one dude was picking his feet! anyways as we started to walk in the dude that was picking his feet runs in and grabs menus for us! WTF?!? needless to say, we booked out of there in a hurry.

Quick Reply: Your favorite Pho in los angeles county and orange county