CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Anyone selling a used car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-08, 07:35 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone selling a used car?

My wife's sister is looking for a used car to buy in Socal. Something like a civic, but open to almost anything else, but the car must be automatic and reliable. If anyone is selling a car or knows a trustworthy person selling, let me know. Thanks!

edit: FOUND A CIVIC...Thanks everyone.

Last edited by howiedoit; 06-16-08 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-19-08, 08:28 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking for a Private Party sale?

Have you checked local dealerships or CarMax?
Old 04-20-08, 02:55 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by howiedoit
My wife's sister is looking for a used car to buy in Socal. Something like a civic, but open to almost anything else, but the car must be automatic and reliable. If anyone is selling a car or knows a trustworthy person selling, let me know. Thanks!
Have you checked the usual CL car classifieds and autotrader?

Well, here's mine for sale:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=344952.

If she/they are interested, I'll try to work a deal

PM if you want to discuss. I'm in the OC area.
Old 04-20-08, 04:43 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

i'm looking for a private party car...since she doesn't have a particular car in mind, i have a hard time going through autotrader to help her. i don't even know where to start. we're just looking for an easy transaction with someone we can trust. i thought i'd give cl a try before we go somewhere else.

GS3Tek, I'll talk to my wife about your car...thanks.

Last edited by howiedoit; 04-20-08 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-21-08, 09:58 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by howiedoit
i don't even know where to start. we're just looking for an easy transaction with someone we can trust. i thought i'd give cl a try before we go somewhere else.
I would suggest CarMax.

They have a no-haggle pricing policy on thoroughly inspected vehicles, so the transaction is easier.

Also, they give you the KBB Retail Price, and they usually take $1-6k off the price of the car (depending on market interest). I don't know about their financing options, but you can always get financing with your preferred financial institution.
Old 04-21-08, 08:15 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Cool...thanks for your advice. I'll tell them to check out carmax.
Old 04-21-08, 10:14 PM
vistorQ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have 2001 VW beetle for sale good shape . its my girl friends car she wants like 7000$ for it. if your interested pm me.
Old 04-21-08, 10:17 PM
vistorQ
Pole Position

Default 2001 vw

auto 75,000 miles blk leather cd player sunroof. good shape.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone selling a used car?-vw.jpg  
Old 04-21-08, 10:51 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my buddy is selling a 2006 dodge stratus. 4cyl, auto, power everything all the essentials and its in perfect shape. he wants 6000$ if i remember correctly. Nothing is wrong with it and runs perfectly. Its white with a grey cloth interior im sure it has a cd player and it has a/c. let me know if you are interested and ill put you in contact with him!!
Old 04-22-08, 06:55 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vistorQ
auto 75,000 miles blk leather cd player sunroof. good shape.
This looks very promising...you got PM.
Old 04-22-08, 07:21 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Becareful with Carmax. Even though they say their cars are fully inspected...i'd be wary of their claims. They say their cars have never through any collision work. The last time I was there was when I got my IS300 checked out. While they appraised my car, there happened to be a civic sedan in their showroom. It had the hood opened so I was curious to take a look. I looked in and I saw fresh paint throughout the whole front end of the car including the core support and aprons. The battery was also replaced with a Honda battery, something you can buy from the parts counter, not what comes with the car from the factory. Sure the cars maybe looked over, but they had to be extensively "reconditioned" to make it look good. A trained eye can spot little details like that. Buyer beware.

Last edited by flipside909; 04-22-08 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-22-08, 07:25 PM
kindred6ul
Driver

Im selling my 2001 Honda Civic EX black good shape for 4200 OBO. The catch is I won't be in Cali for at least another 3 months.
Old 04-22-08, 07:33 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Becareful with Carmax. Even though they say their cars are fully inspected...i'd be wary of their claims. They say their cars have never through any collision work. The last time I was there was when I got my IS300 checked out. While they appraised my car, there happened to be a civic sedan in their showroom. It had the hood opened so I was curious to take a look. I looked in and I saw fresh paint throughout the whole front end of the car including the core support and aprons. The battery was also replaced with a Honda battery, something you can buy from the parts counter, not what comes with the car from the factory. Sure the cars maybe looked over, but they had to be extensively "reconditioned" to make it look good. A trained eye can spot little details like that. Buyer beware.
Yup, that's exactly the kind of thing I want to avoid. I've already come across too many people trying to trick me. This time, I'm just trying to find an honest seller...that's why I'm giving the CL fam a shot.

Originally Posted by kindred6ul
Im selling my 2001 Honda Civic EX black good shape for 4200 OBO. The catch is I won't be in Cali for at least another 3 months.
Yea, she needs a car pretty soon. I would have considered buying your civic if you were selling it last year. Enjoy cali...I like it much better than philly.

Last edited by howiedoit; 04-22-08 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-23-08, 01:02 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

my bro is selling his 2002 Acura RSX.. it's modified with rims, intake, exhaust, and a lip kit... we can sell it as is or we can take all the parts off and then sell it.. located in so cal.. let me know

pm me or im me..
Old 06-02-08, 05:50 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

ugh...girls are so indecisive. they're still looking for a car. let me know if anyone has any leads.

Quick Reply: Anyone selling a used car?