CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

parking ticket question-opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-07, 11:56 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default parking ticket question-opinion please

i get a parking ticket notice in the mail that indicates that i was parked in the red zone and it's $70.00.

i remember the date and time that was listed on the notice.

questions to all: i was parked in red waiting for a car to move out so i can take their spot(less than 1 minute). the meter maid never gave me an actual ticket..should i have doubled parked and waited for the other person to pull out or does this warrant a parking ticket because i didn't want to block the flow of traffic?

the notice gave me an option to object this ticket. can you get a parking violation without getting an actual ticket?

thanks for your help.
Old 09-03-07, 12:27 AM
PVlexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say fight it. Parking is one thing, stopping is another. If you can prove that you were waiting for the spot and didnt want to upset the flow of traffic, I think you may have something. Thats just me though.
Old 09-03-07, 08:01 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

i guess if you want to get technical, red painted curb indicates no stopping at anytime. i can't agree with not getting a ticket from the meter maid, that is a real surprise..can they write tickets without actually giving a ticket to the driver?

so to fight this ticket, i'll have to admit that i was stopped in red waiting for the other car to leave. the city may say, stopping is the same as parking..

any others have an opinion?

thanks..
Old 09-03-07, 11:06 AM
PVlexus
Lead Lap

Just thought of this. In the case of running a red light, if you can prove that it was someone else, you wont receive the ticket. Is there a picture of you in the car, or only the car? You could also fight it saying that someone else was driving it at the time, and there is no proof that it was you in the car. I know it has worked for the red light cameras, I'm not sure about this though.

Good luck
Old 09-03-07, 05:55 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by PVlexus
Just thought of this. In the case of running a red light, if you can prove that it was someone else, you wont receive the ticket. Is there a picture of you in the car, or only the car? You could also fight it saying that someone else was driving it at the time, and there is no proof that it was you in the car. I know it has worked for the red light cameras, I'm not sure about this though.

Good luck
Kinda off topic but I was thinking, imagine if yer driving w/ 1 of those asian parents UV visor that covers up the whole face mask. Then the red light camera won't be able to capture you!

I actually tried wearing 1 of those and omfg I can't even breath
Old 09-03-07, 06:45 PM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Fight this ticket. Go 2 court or do what you have to do.

Chances' are if you take this thing to the next level you are not gonna have to pay much.

I got a speeding ticket, went to court, won cause the cop didn't show up. Turns out I had to pay $15 for some processing fee. Yep thats right, I was innocent and had 2 pay! lol
Old 09-03-07, 08:37 PM
PVlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS250SoCal
Fight this ticket. Go 2 court or do what you have to do.

I got a speeding ticket, went to court, won cause the cop didn't show up. Turns out I had to pay $15 for some processing fee. Yep thats right, I was innocent and had 2 pay! lol
Innocent? No one is ever 'Innocent'. Not guilty on account of a lazy cop, thats more like it...
Old 09-06-07, 01:14 AM
IS250HuNnY
Lead Lap

what was the CVC he cited you for? id look it up and see if you have a claim
Old 09-06-07, 01:25 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

fight it. fight it
Old 09-06-07, 06:26 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS250HuNnY
what was the CVC he cited you for? id look it up and see if you have a claim
what does CVC mean? the parking ticket was was parking in a red zone.
Old 09-06-07, 09:06 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Your guilty............just take your lumps. There is no stopping, standing or parking in a red zone at all. It does not allow you to stop and wait while idling for a parking spot to open up.

Meter maid is right, you are wrong. Fight it all you want, but your just going to be wasting your time.
Old 09-06-07, 11:57 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 564 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Win_Huynh
LOL! did u try the arm gloves too?? ahahah
My mom had those when I was like 10 and I used to wear them and play ninja...yup, the floral ninja

On topic: you might as well fight it, I mean what's the worst that can happen? You pay the fine?
Old 09-07-07, 12:26 AM
IS250HuNnY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corkycal
what does CVC mean? the parking ticket was was parking in a red zone.
under the handbook it says this about a red curb: Red indicates no stopping, standing, or parking, whether the vehicle is attended or unattended, except that a bus may stop in a red zone marked or signposted as a bus loading zone.

technically you did violate it but i would still try to fight it cuz it seems that within the context of your story its a valid claim
Old 09-07-07, 06:35 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

ok, here's an update. i called the parking enforcement phone number to get more info so i explain to the customer service rep of what happended (w/o giving her my info). she said i was at fault and this ticket cannot be waived because of what the handbook says;

"under the handbook it says this about a red curb: Red indicates no stopping, standing, or parking, whether the vehicle is attended or unattended, except that a bus may stop in a red zone marked or signposted as a bus loading zone."

the next step is to file a hearing before a judge and see if they can waive the ticket.

i'm just going to pay the fee and go forward.

lesson learned: DO NOT PARK IN RED FOR WHATEVER REASON, THE METER MAID CAN GIVE YOU A TICKET WITHOUT YOU EVER SEEING THE TICKET. THEY JUST NEED TO PUNCH IN YOUR LICENSE PLATE AND YOU'LL GET THE TICKET IN THE MAIL.

i tried to fight that i never actually received the ticket from the meter maid and the customer service rep said, oh these ticket gets blown away in the wind, people take them or whatever excuse she can think of..bottom line, the meter maid don't have to give you an actual ticket on the spot..

hope everyone can learn from this..