CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Taste of Lexus 2007

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-07, 03:23 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Sat there was lots of black hair. Bro-in-law relayed that on Friday he didn't see that many Asians. Anyway...

Everytime I saw a bunch of youngish guys I thought..."hmmm wonder if they are on CL?"

As we drove out at 10:30, I didn't spot many modded or stock Lexus cars in the lot. Mostly other makes of cars at this event. I dunno how it was later...signifies to me that Lexus is enticing other brand drivers over.

Toyota is keeping track too...I saw a couple suits walking up-down the rows with clipboard in hand making notes about cars there. (Or so it looked like that: Look at a car, write something then walk on to the next.)
Old 08-06-07, 03:57 PM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Taste of Lexus is by far one of the best events among all the brands. You should check out the recent mercedes c class event before you complain about the Lexus one since it is by far one of the worst MB put together ever, at least for the one i went to in san francisco last week. The food was terrible and the drive was literally only a few minutes around the public street, yes PUBLIC street in San Francisco going 20mph at most. No track time at all and the venue was in a studio in a crappy area. That makes me really looking forward to the Taste of Lexus event coming up this sat. in Alameda.
Old 08-06-07, 04:54 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this year was the worst...

cuz this year they didn't invite me and when i found out about it, it was too late to sign up

but my friend went this weekend and said the new car reservation thing was pretty good. only thing bad was that u got checked off for the food and couldn't get any more if u were hungry... but its a free event so what can u say... oh yeah and i heard no gift at the end haha
Old 08-06-07, 06:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by RA40
Sat there was lots of black hair. Bro-in-law relayed that on Friday he didn't see that many Asians. Anyway...

Everytime I saw a bunch of youngish guys I thought..."hmmm wonder if they are on CL?"

As we drove out at 10:30, I didn't spot many modded or stock Lexus cars in the lot. Mostly other makes of cars at this event. I dunno how it was later...signifies to me that Lexus is enticing other brand drivers over.

Toyota is keeping track too...I saw a couple suits walking up-down the rows with clipboard in hand making notes about cars there. (Or so it looked like that: Look at a car, write something then walk on to the next.)
wow really? that's interesting that they were doing survey on cars out there!!!!!!

all i knew was, when i got out, a ls460 parked beside me......
Old 08-07-07, 02:10 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

The way they organized this event, it looked like total data gathering time. With this method there is direct data entry for food, cars, who is driving them and when. They already have age stats by signing up through the license info, now they have specifics who and what appeals per segment. Also they can gauge your time there as most will do the drives or eat...again, more data logging.

The suits in the lot checking cars...if they crack the Honda Accord, Camry segment with the ES350 they've just bumped many into a higher brand car. Marketing is reaching that mass mid-level family car. Same too for entry level SUV...comparing SUV's in the lot to drives of the RX....

Past years, I noticed higher line sedans, Audi, BMW, MB...the cross-over would be interesting.

Very smart way to gather info.