CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Santa Monica, Jim Faulk, Cerritos dealerships?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-07, 08:30 PM
Fiat Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Santa Monica, Jim Faulk, Cerritos dealerships?

I don't even own a Lexus yet but I'll probably be joining the ranks next weekend.

I filled out a query form on Edmunds.com and got responses from some dealerships and have started down the road for getting acquainted, getting quotes, etc. from some.

I've more or less narrowed down to Santa Monica Lexus, Jim Faulk Lexus (Beverly Hills), and Cerritos Lexus. I'm interesting in comments on dealing with sales & service at any of the three.

I've more or less eliminated going to Longo just on word of mouth about bad attitudes.
Old 06-24-07, 09:14 PM
izigsc300
Driver School Candidate

Default 1 cool dealer

Originally Posted by Fiat Lexus
I don't even own a Lexus yet but I'll probably be joining the ranks next weekend.

I filled out a query form on Edmunds.com and got responses from some dealerships and have started down the road for getting acquainted, getting quotes, etc. from some.

I've more or less narrowed down to Santa Monica Lexus, Jim Faulk Lexus (Beverly Hills), and Cerritos Lexus. I'm interesting in comments on dealing with sales & service at any of the three.

I've more or less eliminated going to Longo just on word of mouth about bad attitudes.
Unless Santa Monica has new sales people, their customer service for sales sucks, they do have a very nice young gentleman in the parts department, that would be the reason i ever return, only for parts.
Jim Faulk, they were more relaxed, you can ask for help and they will, but so far Keys in Van Nuys, they will greet you, they were cool, now this was 1yr ago, so maybe all that has changed, thats my experience,
Good luck, w/service that is!
Old 06-24-07, 09:18 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

I bought mine at Longo and the sales rep was pretty good... very easy, no hassle, not pushy, and got EXACTLY what I wanted.

I live in Cerritos, and the sales rep there when I walked in was terrible. An older, middle eastern guy, and he was very rude. I had to ask for his business card in case I come back and wanted to discuss more things. The Fleet manager there wasn't bad... but the walk-in sales at Cerritos is TERRIBLE. It wasn't just one guy, but the second time I walked in, another older, white guy did the same thing.. almost identical treatment of how they sell cars there.

Another place you may want to check out is Lexus of Glendale, if their sales staff is as nice/convenient as their service staff, I would have bought my car there first. But I didn't go to them since my Longo sales guy was pretty cool when trying to get the car I wanted.
Old 06-24-07, 09:22 PM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live around Jim Falk Lexus, so I usually head there for anything Lexus related.

And from what I've experienced, the service isn't the friendliest, but they're fast.

No screw ups either...well, at least not yet.

So in other words, Jim Falk Lexus is nothing to write home about, but it's not bad.
Old 06-24-07, 11:51 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

ask for bernadette @ santa monica lexus. she's the sales manager there. she closed the deal after negotiations w/ the salesperson stalled. a no-nonsense type, but flexible enough to close a deal.

jim falk is alright. i dealt w/ a salesperson that had a heavy european accent. nice and polite, but kept trying to sell me what i didn't want.

cerritos is horrible. my brother and i had terrible purchasing experiences there on separate occasions. their take-it-or-leave-it attitude sucks.
Old 06-25-07, 05:51 PM
fdelement
Driver

you should definitely check out longo. They have the largest fleet and buys the most cars so their invoice is almost always lower than other dealers. Their service is top notch too.
Old 06-25-07, 05:55 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Everyone's experiences are different unfortunately but there are pros and cons of any dealership.

On that note, I've been a very satisfied customer of Longo Lexus both sales and service.
Old 06-25-07, 08:10 PM
Fiat Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, this is interesting. Everyone I've talked to in person made a face or made unfavorable comments about Longo.
Old 06-25-07, 08:38 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

but longo is a huge volume dealer so they are the ones to get the best prices no? In turn they would be the ones who can sell it to you at the lowest price no ?

with the internet, does it matter who's nice and who's not ? Just email the fleet manager and get the best price. The internet cuts the running around and gets to the bottom price without any hidden dealer tricks.
Old 06-25-07, 09:06 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

cerritos' after-sales service is NON-EXISTENT
Old 06-25-07, 10:12 PM
Fiat Lexus
Driver School Candidate

MM, you have a point but I don't agree with it: there are enough ****** in the world that I'll buy from someone who works and plays well with others in order to encourage the practice, even if I have to pay a little more to do so.

JD, thanks about the caution about Cerritos' service.
Old 06-25-07, 11:03 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i felt that jim falk lexus was good, even though my last lexus came from another dealer.
Old 06-26-07, 08:24 AM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

If you don't look like you can afford a Lexus... or if you are under 30 years old, I would just avoid going to Cerritos Lexus. Good luck having a competent sales rep, and good luck asking for a test drive if you don't meet THEIR criteria. This is after going back twice in person, and one other time with a friend of mine since he also wanted to buy a Lexus after I got my car.
Old 06-26-07, 03:36 PM
Blk96Supra
Lead Lap

^^^Totally agree!!! Cerritos sucks *****! dont wanna help unless you look like you got money. Was looking at the new ES for a family car but they guy woud not help for ****.
Old 06-26-07, 04:21 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

why even give them a chance to be a ***** ?

just email them what your interested in, your credit score, your payment option (down amount+finanace, cash payment) and tell them your last offer from another dealer.

this will give u a good feel of what the lowest rock bottom price is.

boom bam boom, done deal. go to dealer sign papers and drive out. ****** the coffee, cheese and crackers.

it's a new car, there's not really much to look at. You want to get the best price possible, not the sucker who pays top dollar and gets sucked in for every warranty-option upgrade

Originally Posted by Fiat Lexus
MM, you have a point but I don't agree with it: there are enough ****** in the world that I'll buy from someone who works and plays well with others in order to encourage the practice, even if I have to pay a little more to do so.

JD, thanks about the caution about Cerritos' service.

Last edited by mikemareen; 06-26-07 at 04:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Santa Monica, Jim Faulk, Cerritos dealerships?