CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Good experience @ Dynamic Auto Serv. in Westminster

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-07, 12:57 PM
TR3XX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do these guys do coil over installs? in particular, tein cs?
Old 01-12-07, 02:48 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Anyone know the address for dynamics shop? What do they do mainly? Like oil change, maintaince or bodywork...and lastly are they experienced in Japanese cars only or do they do Germans as well?
Old 01-12-07, 02:59 PM
chubby
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TR3XX
do these guys do coil over installs? in particular, tein cs?
i'm sure they will do it. if you have any preference for height, let them know ahead of time. as for damper adjustment (if available), ask them what's the best setup for your driving habits

Originally Posted by Stormwind
Anyone know the address for dynamics shop? What do they do mainly? Like oil change, maintaince or bodywork...and lastly are they experienced in Japanese cars only or do they do Germans as well?
they are supposedly an aftermarket automotive shop, but i am sure they do tune-ups, repairs, maintenance work. as far as euro cars are concerned, it's more than likely that they take care of them. i live down the street, and by far, the japanese to german car ratio is like 60 to 40 around here(those who live around here know lol). it's funny.. i've passed by the shop numerous times, but have never gone there for anything (yet). i am a diy'er/mechanically inclined so ionos

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3710872701

Last edited by chubby; 01-12-07 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-12-07, 03:57 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

They did some work for bro-inlaw's VW Jetta. But due to some of the electrical systems involved, they suggested it would be better handled by the dealership.
Old 01-13-07, 12:31 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn if its only labor for 260 dollars thats a lot.
Old 01-13-07, 12:44 PM
chubby
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AM1
ugh read my post... if you're a diy'er i understand your side too. but we're talking about upwards 30k vehicles here
Old 01-13-07, 10:34 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by AM1
Most spring installs do not include an alignment. Alignment is usually around $100.
Old 01-14-07, 06:10 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

I have been going to Son for a bit now and he is straight up. He is reasonably priced and I think he's honest and does good work. Call and ask about the install your looking for and you'll get a sense for who he is.
Old 02-22-07, 05:37 PM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Default Good experience @ Dynamic Auto Serv. in Westminster

Our 1997 LS400 just rolled over 135,000 miles. I don't feel right calling her a beater because Ol' Bessie is still a very nice car, but she's our airport/Angel game car. The car I take when I am worried about parking. The car I take when I can't carpool with my wife and it's raining, the car I take when I'm not comfortable leaving the NSX where I'm going... you get the idea.

She's been a great car (she's been in my family since new) and I want to hold on to her for years. But the reality is that she sits outside, and I can't justify paying Lexus dealership prices to service her anymore.

So for the first time in 10 years I was looking for someplace to service Bessie other than a dealership.

Dynamic Auto Services in Midway City (Westminster, CA) was recommended to me by some folks here and on NSXprime. The owners are Lexus Certified Master Mechanics and they work on Hondas, Toyotas and Lexus Vehicles.

I figured why not give it a try.

Bessie needed a 135,000 mile service, I thought she needed an alignment, and I wanted to replace a door speaker in the driver's side rear door.

I called three local dealerships. On avg. the 135,000 mile service was $400 - $450. The alignment was $150 - $225. And the speaker replacement was going to be $75 - $100.

I called Sonny at Dynamic Auto and he was very helpful. He quoted me $180 for the 135,000 mile service, suggested I wait until he looked at the suspension on the car (since it is 10-years old) before I have the alignment done and said that changing the speaker would be $40.

I made an appt., dropped the car off at lunch on a Wed. and picked it up the next day at lunch. (Note - the service could have been done in a few hours but I live in Dana Point and the shop opens long after I'm in the office. It was easier for me to simply leave it).

When I picked the car up, Sonny went through everything with me. He showed me exactly what he did, and gave me a detailed break down of the costs.

Turns out the alignment was not needed. Sonny made a few minor adjustments and the car tracks beautifully.

I couldn't be happier. Sure, you don't get a loaner car. And sure, this shop isn't exactly in my backyard.

But they're honest, do good work, and are very knowledgable.

I am still likely to take the NSX to Autowave or Jon Martin (because they work on so many NSX's I'm super comfortable with them knowing the ins and outs of the car) but I have no qualms about taking either Bessie or our 2006 LX470 to Dynamic and recommend them to anyone here.
Old 02-22-07, 07:39 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool I'm going there this Saturday. =)
Old 02-22-07, 08:11 PM
chubby
Lead Lap

make sure you schedule an appointment to whoever that wants to go there... i wanted to oil change my car but i had to wait for a bit.. so i went somewhere else (because i was about 2000 miles past due with the service... :eek: )
Old 02-22-07, 09:00 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I've sent several family members and friends there...they tell me
Old 02-22-07, 09:33 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Great news! Can you tell us what they did for the 135k service? Thanks
Old 02-23-07, 08:55 AM
Jasbmo
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Correction....they DO give you a loaner car. They will have someone from Enterprise come pick you up, bring you to the car rental shop, and provide you with a basic vehicle.

Just schedule an appointment and let them know.
Old 02-23-07, 09:04 AM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Great news! Can you tell us what they did for the 135k service? Thanks
I don't have the paperwork here with me at work but if memory serves me I had him do an "intermediate" service given the car's age, my driving habits (car sits outside and gets driven about 5,000 miles/year) and my preference (I always chose the more expensive approach (changing the differential fluid, for example,) because I think it's "cheap" insurance.

Sonny used synthetic oil and changed the A/C filter at my request.

If I remember, I can pull the paperwork from my files and list exactly what he did.

Quick Reply: Good experience @ Dynamic Auto Serv. in Westminster