CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

2016 Lexus RX 450H repair shop

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-21, 05:42 PM
CaliTL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Lexus RX 450H repair shop

My friend is looking for a good auto repair shop for a 2016 Lexus RX 450H. It needs to be inspected and will need work on panels, a small window, and importantly perhaps wheel alignment or possibly replacement. Another car drove into the side of the vehicle.
My friend does not have collision / comprehensive insurance, only liability, so may be stuck paying out of pocket and then trying to recover from the other driver's insurance. Thus he's looking for a shop that is high quality, inexpensive/reasonable, and fast and close to Santa Monica, Venice, West LA or Marina Del Ray areas in Los Angeles.

Research on Yelp, Google, the Better Business Bureau, and repair pal suggested the following repair shops, which had a lot of reviews and high ratings on each:
Joy Automotive Service & Repair
1325 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica
Morris Automotive
1331 Colorado Ave, Santa Monica
Does anyone have any experience with either of these shops, good or bad, that you can share? Especially anyone who needed similar repairs.

The local lexus dealership recommended Eli's autorepair, (right next to the Lexus dealership in Santa Monica) but this shop gets very bad yelp and google reviews.

Is there any strong reason to favor the dealer's recommendations over Yelp / Google / Repair Pal / BBB?

Beyond the research I've done, does anyone have any better recommendations to find a good repair shop?