CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.
Old 12-15-14, 04:32 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Good body paint shop in San Diego? (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-17, 04:44 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by sunny D
San Diego custom paint off miramar road is where i got my car redone. I highly recommend. They work on a lot of cars for autofashion.
https://www.instagram.com/sdcustompaint/San Diego Custom Paint

8360 C Miramar Pl San Diego, CA 92121 (619) 471-1901 sandiegocustompaint@gmail.com
agreed. these guys do great work!
Old 08-20-20, 05:38 PM
designdude
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I know this thread is several years old; thought I would post an update.

Was in a nasty accident yesterday. I got side swapped on a freeway interchange. The other car was a smaller sports car, going way faster. He lost control, slammed into my left front fender, then spun in front of me. He hit the dirt on the right shoulder, and then his car flipped, went over the embankment, and started tumbling down into the canyon. Luckily my car stayed straight, and I was able to pull over onto a protected shoulder. CHP shut down the freeway exchange, got him into an ambulance. His car was totalled, but he survived. My car was still driveable, and I limped home.

Started the claims process today. Based on this thread, and local reviews, I took my car to All American in Kearny Mesa, right off the 163. They are next door to the Mercedes dealer, across the street from the Lexus dealer. Lexus certified. BMW certified. Tesla certified. Good enough for me. Service was quick, lobby experience more than acceptable. Awesome coffee, classic rock for background music, and some Oreos. Estimate was what I was expecting, repair time about 3 weeks. Enterprise Rental was 1 mile away. So far, the experience has been seamless. I'll keep you posted on the process.
Old 09-21-20, 10:11 AM
designdude
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Got the car back from All American. Took longer than expected (4 weeks), but it came out very nice. Pleased with the results and service.

Old 05-26-21, 12:31 PM
Lexusflog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's one reason I bought LS400. NHTSA statistics show cars under 3,000 lbs. have twice the fatalities in serious accidents. I'm looking for good shop to align left front fender and door, which some DIY has tried to fix unsatisfactorily. I'll try All American, but I have a feeling they are in high-priced neighborhood.

Thanks for the tip.