CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Left Longo service feeling like crap.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 01:32 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Left Longo service feeling like crap.

I just got back from Longo Lexus for what my friend at TTC calls a warranty issue. My SC430 has a hinge that squeeks and after about a half an hour, this squeeking becomes unbarable. I know it is this hinge because when I was driving (and being driven nuts), I reached over and used my hand to pinch the hinge. The noise subsided a bit and the squeeking was not as incessant. Now, I understand that it is a convertable but when others on this thread say that it is not normal, I am more bothered by it. I have tried cleaning it, greasing it, oiling it and nothing seems to work.
Now the issue with Longo. I take it in and the first thing the service manager tells me is that it is not covered under warranty and that I would have to pay for anything done to try and remedy this problem. In fact, he was glad to show me as he pulled out his book on what is and is not covered. The problem with this is that he found out that it should be covered under warranty and told me that his manager has to sign off on it. Then he proceeds to tell me that if anything is replaced, it is covered under warranty and if it just needs adjustment, I would have to pay the hourly rate because it is a "moving part". All this would not be that big of an issue had I not been treated so poorly. I have never felt so low; like I was just there bothering them with a non-issue. Albeit my regular service manager was not there and I was not in my usual suit, tie, and cleanly shaven but I did not deserve this poor service. When I told them I will take my car to another dealer and have them look at it, all he said to me was "Okay. Good luck with that".
On my way home, I called service relations dealing with complaints and let them know what had just happened but I had to vent somewhere else so here I am. If anyone can suggest somewhere that has better service, please let me know. Just had to vent. Thanks for your time.
Dan
Old 04-11-06, 01:48 PM
Lexus of Glendale
Lexus Dealership

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Sorry for what have happening. Why don't you come by our dealership.
Old 04-11-06, 01:54 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Peter. I was actually thinking of taking it to you guys because I am going out of town with a rental car from Hertz. I will get to your place upon returning unless you have time today. Will send you a PM. Thanks again.
Dan
Old 04-11-06, 02:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

whose the service manager you talked to? that's for sure bunch of BS and really bad.... but then again not like i have really liked longo service much anyway. especially that man wong, been dealing with him twice, for sure i don't like for a third time.

sorry to hear about your problem again dan
Old 04-11-06, 03:06 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

As long as the car is under factory warranty, which I think for Lexus is 4-year/ 50,000 mile, they should've not charged u for the rattles & squeaks.
Well, look at Longo's service facility, where are all those money coming from huh?
Old 04-11-06, 06:22 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to hear. Lexus service is much like everything else. Some good. Some BAD!!! I have had my dealings with the bad. Also had my share of the good and very good which is most of the time. Last service I had at a dealership was Lexus of Riverside and things went very well. Just shows people make the business and who you deal with will mold you’re opinion for sometime. It is a people business yet many either forget, ignorant of that fact, have not been trained, or just do not care. The ones that get it right are the keepers.
For example Lexus parts at Longo was horrible the last time I went there. Lexus parts at Riverside is great. Lexus parts at Crown is about the worst you can get not to mention their operator phone service is practically none existent plus they charge 10-15% over regular Lexus retail list. This is based on years of parts purchasing. I tried out Lexus of Thousand Oaks today and though parking was horrible (they have valet just to park there) I was asked at the parts counter by a nice gentlemen if I was being helped. He immediately called someone and everything went well. A positive experience.
By yeah, I’m ranting, I think it should have been covered by Longo

Lee
Old 04-11-06, 07:04 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why I am driving my SC from OC to Van Nuys just for a damn service. Need to make this short (busy at work), I have been with Longo since 1997 when I bought my first car there. I have to say that the expansion came at the expense of poor services nowadays. Its a shame that this is happening again... I wonder if I will go there for my next Lexus purchase. The ownership/dealership experience has gone bad relatively quick the last couple years. (I remember I actually had to beg for a damn RX loaner instead of an ES from that loaner car guy, (sedan to sean, that was what the guy told me) WTH! so when i drive in my SC for service, are you guys going to give me the SC??)

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 04-11-06 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-11-06, 09:36 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

from what ive been told, the dealer gets paid no matter what... if its by warranty then lex covers it... and obviously if u pay then ur paying the dealer... so i don't know why they are like this about the warranty stuff
Old 04-11-06, 09:50 PM
a.k.aws.
Driver

im not that happy wiht longo either

im about ready to purchase an is350 and when i went to test drive the car, the salesman gave me attitude. he wouldn't let me do anything with the car. it felt like he was in a hurry, i couldn't listen to the ML audio or play with navi or anything

oh well what can i do?
Old 04-11-06, 10:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by CarlssonLS400
from what ive been told, the dealer gets paid no matter what... if its by warranty then lex covers it... and obviously if u pay then ur paying the dealer... so i don't know why they are like this about the warranty stuff
yes, for warranty work dealership charges full on lexus corp, so they sometimes make even more money. they just wanted to rip you off more.

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
This is why I am driving my SC from OC to Van Nuys just for a damn service. Need to make this short (busy at work), I have been with Longo since 1997 when I bought my first car there. I have to say that the expansion came at the expense of poor services nowadays. Its a shame that this is happening again... I wonder if I will go there for my next Lexus purchase. The ownership/dealership experience has gone bad relatively quick the last couple years. (I remember I actually had to beg for a damn RX loaner instead of an ES from that loaner car guy, (sedan to sean, that was what the guy told me) WTH! so when i drive in my SC for service, are you guys going to give me the SC??)
indeed, mark. i bought my car from longo, and mistakenly had my first warranty job done there. there's almost no reaosn for me to go back, regardless of the drive
Old 04-11-06, 10:34 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Sorry to hear the problems Dan...
I take my GS 300 to Westminster Lexus and their awesome there!!! Highly recommended if your ever in that area.

Its also great to see Pete at Glendale stepping up here. Way to go Pete!!

Old 04-12-06, 09:53 AM
iainthim
Driver School Candidate

Most dealers are the same.....its just the way it is. At South Bay Lexus, great people, not so much so on the quality of the repairs. I took my 2IS in for a squeaky sunroof and a door rattle. Notes indicate the sunroof was adjusted, re-greased and the door panel was removed, slider greased and bolts re-torqued.

Got the car back...sunroof still squeaks, door still rattles and as an added bonus I had grease spots all over the top of the car and some new scratches from their **** poor service personnel that wash cars.
Old 04-12-06, 10:21 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Buy a Nissan Mark, and bring it down to me for service
Old 04-12-06, 02:10 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stealership will never touch my car under any circumstances. I'm more competent and have more care for my car than anyone in their employ. The most I'll let them do is look and ask questions, nothing else.

to stealerships
Old 04-12-06, 05:40 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Hi All,

What LA dealership do you guys recommend for service? I bought my IS350 from Longo and so far the service has been great, but after reading some comments here I might think otherwise.

TJ

Quick Reply: Left Longo service feeling like crap.