CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Left Longo service feeling like crap.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-06, 05:00 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another person agreeing with Henry's statement. I ended up getting two Lexus' from him and referred four other people to him. Great sales department, at least the guy I deal with, but will definitely try other service departments.

Dan
Old 04-29-06, 02:07 AM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus of Westminster is badass. Their sales floor and service floor are at different location (about a mile from each other). I remember it use to be stuff in the back because of so little space. Now with the new facility (biggest in the west), it's much more relieving.
Thats a good description!!! Their service dept location is brand new, and in a completely different location than the sales location. Theyv'e got 3 plasmas, in a really posh high tech kinda atmosphere. They always have fresh crispy creme doughnuts as well as subway sandwiches. (till at leat 3 pm'ish at least) Not only are the service guys great, but the the receptionists, as well as the support staff all have that special "Lexus Spirit". As soon as you drive up, your greeted with a warm welcome, and taken care of courteously and professionlly. They also have GS loaners as well....

Old 04-29-06, 03:01 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Even with all the bad services & complaints, Longo still packs their garage with all the cars that come in for services. That's why they don't care about their customer service. Because they are selling so many cars.
Old 05-01-06, 09:24 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by PoppFlyy
Thats a good description!!! Their service dept location is brand new, and in a completely different location than the sales location. Theyv'e got 3 plasmas, in a really posh high tech kinda atmosphere. They always have fresh crispy creme doughnuts as well as subway sandwiches. (till at leat 3 pm'ish at least) Not only are the service guys great, but the the receptionists, as well as the support staff all have that special "Lexus Spirit". As soon as you drive up, your greeted with a warm welcome, and taken care of courteously and professionlly. They also have GS loaners as well....

Reading all these good comments about Lexus of Westminster just makes me want to take my car there for service. So far I've only been the service centers of Crown Lexus in Ontario and Longo Lexus of El Monte...
Old 05-02-06, 02:06 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you know where i go too, jay
Ha, yes I do Henry. It's hard to miss your nicely modded SC430.

We got to meet up again soon.
Old 05-02-06, 02:11 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by teejnut
Really? My sales experience there wasn't great. I did the Costco pricing for an IS350 there and David Drews didn't seem very interested when I came in to talk about pricing and to look at the car. Maybe it's cause I'm a young asian guy... So I guess from my sales experience there it makes me feel like their service department will be the same way.
Unfortunately a great sales experience doesn't guarantee a great service experience. Got my first GS from Kearny Mesa Lexus, salesperson was great, service was terrible

Got my most recent GS from Longo. Have a fantastic salesperson, and he's put my folks into a LS430 and a friend into a RX330. All for unbelievable prices. But from these posts, looks like Longo service isn't too highly regarded around here.
Old 08-02-06, 10:18 AM
wdlugitch
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Lexus Customer No Service

I bought my first Lexus in 11/90, a 1991 ES250, from CROWN LEXUS in Ontario. I bought my second Lexus in 11/92, a 19993 SC300, also from CROWN LEXUS. I bought my third Lexus, a 1997 LS400, from LONGO LEXUS in El Monte. I bought my fourth Lexus, a 2002 ES300, also from LONGO LEXUS.

CROWN LEXUS started out with good customer service, and then they hired Tony Gaglio to be their service manager. Tony was the ultimate in customer no-service. LONGO LEXUS also started out with good customer service, but since they have remodeled they don't need to render customer service.

On 7/10/2003, I brought my 2002 ES300 to LEXUS OF RIVERSIDE because the steering wheel was violently shaking when applying the brakes. The mileage was 19,545. They gave me a Hertz car and replaced the front rotors and pads under a Technical Service Bulletin.

On 1/10/2006, I brought my 2002 ES300 to LONGO LEXUS for an oil and filter change and requested they check the brakes. Its mileage was 74054. I was told there would be a charge to check the brakes. I told them to just change the oil and filter.

On 1/11/2006, I brought my 2002 ES300 to SEARS AUTO CENTER and requested they check the brakes. I was told the front and rear pads were about ready to be replaced. I went to LEXUS OF RIVERSIDE that date, bought the genuine LEXUS pads, took them to SEARS AUTO CENTER, they were installed and the rotors machined.

On 6/16/2006, I brought my 2002 ES300 to SEARS AUTO CENTER and requested they check the brakes, as I was experiencing the same as I did on 7/10/2003. I was told the brakes were within specifications and it was suggested that the tires be balanced.

On 6/25/2006, I brought my 2002 ES300 to COSTCO and they mounted and balanced four new Michelin MXV4 Plus tires.

On 7/28/2006, I brought my 2002 ES300 to LONGO LEXUS for an oil and filter change and requested they check the brakes, as I was experiencing the same as I did on 7/10/2003. My request to have the car road tested was declined, and the Service Consultant diagnosed the problem as "warped rotors." The Service Consultant suggested new rotors and pads, at a cost of about $450.00.

On 7/28/2006, I called LEXUS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION and requested they handle the new rotors and pads under the prior Technical Service Bulletin.

On 8/1/2006, I was told by Elizabeth Partanen, LEXUS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, that I should be glad that the rotors lasted 3 years, and I was on my own! I requested the Technical Service Bulletin be faxed to me and her reply was that she would send it when she had the time.

This morning I received the Technical Service Information Bulletin from LEXUS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. The date of the bulletin is 12/24/2002 and addresses front brake vibration. I noticed at the bottom that "warranty application is limited to correction of a problem based upon a customer's specific complaint."

I have a call in to Elizabeth's manager to further discuss the position of LEXUS that it is no longer responsible for the front brake vibration because the car is out of warrant, as well as her general atittude which SUCKS.

Sixteen years and 4 new cars, and LEXUS decides to take the LOW ROAD on this issue. There are many, many other car companies to choose from, and the time for a change appears to be now.

Last edited by wdlugitch; 09-28-06 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-02-06, 10:30 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Do you guys know what kind of requirements is needed to get a lexus loaner? (preferrably a GS/LS/Rx/etc anything but the ES)

Does the car have to be under warranty in order to get a lexus loaner?
Old 08-02-06, 10:48 AM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

I also bought my car at Longo... and they've been sending me a bunch of "Come to our service depart stuff"... and the picture of the guy that's head of their department..etc etc.

Makes me wonder if anything has changed since the beginning of this post back in April. The sad thing is, even if we all say their service is terrible, not much will change since we're such a small minority of their customer base (The internet community that is).
Old 08-02-06, 11:02 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by wdlugitch
On 7/28/2006, I brought my 2002 ES300 to LONGO LEXUS for an oil and filter change and requested they check the brakes, as I was experiencing the same as I did on 7/10/2003. MAN WONG declined to have the car road tested and, from his service cubicle, diagnosed the problem as "warped rotors." He suggested new rotors and pads, at a cost of about $450.00.
Funny, My friend and I brought in her IS300 for 50K service. We just happen to get MAN WONG as the service advisor as well. Searched all the vehicles past history, and told us we need to get the 45K done, which is a tranny fluid change, etc. $240 + Tax. We declined. Then when my friend went to pick up the car, he told her the tires need to be changed, and the tires will cost $271 a PIECE. I was not there with her so she told him "Next time". But he insisted it's very dangerous to drive. Although I found no problems in the tires, it can still go for a while.
Old 08-02-06, 01:46 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg
Do you guys know what kind of requirements is needed to get a lexus loaner? (preferrably a GS/LS/Rx/etc anything but the ES)

Does the car have to be under warranty in order to get a lexus loaner?
You can request a specific model loaner, but whether you get it is another story. It's always best to have a good relationship with your SA. I almost always get the loaner I want...except when I drop off my car last minute.

But what's wrong with an ES loaner? My last loaner was an ES350...very nice.

BTW, my friends have been given loaners after the original car warranty expired.
Old 08-02-06, 01:55 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by a.k.aws.
im not that happy wiht longo either

im about ready to purchase an is350 and when i went to test drive the car, the salesman gave me attitude. he wouldn't let me do anything with the car. it felt like he was in a hurry, i couldn't listen to the ML audio or play with navi or anything

oh well what can i do?
I wouldnt bother with a delaer that doesnt give me full attention and let me do anything I wanted with the car. I have driven all kinds of vehicles and the second someone gives me attitude, I move onto another dealer. Cars are big purchases and being rushed isnt ok in my eyes.

Go elsewhere, even if Longo is your local, its sounds like Glendale knows how to treat people.
Old 08-02-06, 04:52 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Unfortunately a great sales experience doesn't guarantee a great service experience. Got my first GS from Kearny Mesa Lexus, salesperson was great, service was terrible

:
Tends to be that way a lot. Sales is great, service sucks.

kearny mesa lexus blows in the service dept. I once went to go get an oil change there and they talked down to me like i was a frickin 12 year old. I know i'm young but they dont need to be giving ANYONE that sort of rudeness. In the end i smiled and told them, "thanks, but i must be in the wrong dealership" and went straight to carlsbad.

Carlsbad is much much much better....they pretty much foam at the mouth to service my car every time i stop by.
Old 08-02-06, 09:07 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

One word: Horrible! I seriously would NOT recommend purchasing a new/used vehicle from Longo Lexus. It is actually far worse than my old Honda dealer. Took my 2IS in for service, not only did they try to jack me (tried to milk me for $90 to do a 10k oil change) and made me felt intimidated in a way, they failed to perform the warranty seatbelt recall. My service advisor told me at the time of pickup that one side of the seatbelt recall was done. When I went back to find out which side of the seatbelt was done, another advisor told me that none was done after looking at my receipt and in their system. He informed me that all the parts needed to be in before starting on the warranty repair process. Man, thats not what my advisor told me... The third thing I had them do was my veer to the right alignment issue. Guess what, it turn out worse than before. I am never going to set foot on that place again. Lexus of Glendale, here I come.

P.S. I can't believe such a prominent car dealer can go down the gutter like that.
Old 08-02-06, 09:30 PM
wdlugitch
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Lexus Customer No Service

I took my 2002 ES300 back to SEARS AUTO CENTER this afternoon. Without argument, they replaced the front rotors and the front pads at NO CHARGE. My brakes are once again functioning the way they should................no thanks to LEXUS.

I returned home and again called LEXUS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION because their supervisor or manager never called me back as promised. After speaking with Steven Lee, I did receive a call from Liz Ezrre, who represented herself to be a supervisor. I informed her that SEARS AUTO CENTER took care of the brake problem without argument and at NO CHARGE and, now, unfortunately, we must address the remaining issue of the attitude of LEXUS and Elizabeth Partanen in this matter. I requested that Liz listen to my telephone conversation ( they record all incoming/outgoing calls) with Elizabeth Partanen of yesterday and call me back. I am waiting for her return call.

Last edited by wdlugitch; 09-28-06 at 02:03 PM. Reason: PROBLEM RESOLVED

Quick Reply: Left Longo service feeling like crap.