ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   CL of Southern California (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-of-southern-california-149/)
-   -   Alignment Shops (The Mother thread) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-of-southern-california/179379-alignment-shops-the-mother-thread.html)

Da Hapa 09-02-04 01:22 PM

Good place for alignment in/around Dana Point, CA

Hi guys/gals -

Well, time for the third set of tires on the IS300. This thing eats tires.

I've had Lexus do the alignments in the past, but I think they're charging me an arm and a leg and since I'm already going to drop $800 on new tires, I'd like to save some coin. Can anyone recommend a good place? I live in Dana Point but work in Irvine.

On a related note, my tires wear like ****'s on the inside edges of the tires. No inflation issues, the tires are rotated at least every 5,000 miles. Lexus tells me its due to the aggressive factory allignment on the car. Can I change that? If so, what do I ask the shop to do? Finally, can I expect any noticable difference in handling? (BTW - the car is our commuter and spends most of its life in the carpool lane between Dana Point and Irvine and while I drive in a spirited fashion, I don't race and the car isn't tracked or autocrossed).

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Christian

RA40 09-02-04 08:23 PM

With tires being $$, Todd at TM Engineering recco'd Torrance Auto Repair and they did the alignment after I lowered mine. I'm pleased. Thought it is a drive, $70 isn't that bad considering how much rubber costs. There are other threads for a place in Fullerton.

W. Carson Street
Torrance
(310) 533-1771

Da Hapa 09-03-04 08:24 AM

Thanks

Thanks Mike. I'll give them a call.

Any other ideas?

GS4DOUGIE 09-03-04 08:45 AM

Da-

There is a place in Aliso Viejo off of the 73 called Aliso Autocare and Tire. Address is 22972 Pacific Park. Tel. 448.9661. They have done a 4 wheel alignment on my GS4 with great results. Price is about $70. Good Luck-

Doug

Da Hapa 09-04-04 11:46 AM

Originally posted by GS4DOUGIE
Da-

There is a place in Aliso Viejo off of the 73 called Aliso Autocare and Tire. Address is 22972 Pacific Park. Tel. 448.9661. They have done a 4 wheel alignment on my GS4 with great results. Price is about $70. Good Luck-

Doug

Thanks Doug.

flipside909 09-04-04 09:36 PM

Re: Good place for alignment in/around Dana Point, CA

Originally posted by Da Hapa
Hi guys/gals -

Well, time for the third set of tires on the IS300. This thing eats tires.

Most all of the RWD Lexus vehicles suffer this. It's just the geometry of our suspension. You can also check out www.luxurymotorworks.com in Monrovia. They cater to Lexus owners. They do very many IS300's since they are very promient on IS300.net and an authorized vendor. The owner is a Lexus Certified Master Tech...so you really can't go wrong there. And he's worked on more IS300's especially modified ones than any other independent mechanic out there. I get my services done there despite my 45 mile one way commute there. Worth every penny.

Da Hapa 09-07-04 09:46 AM

Re: Re: Good place for alignment in/around Dana Point, CA

Originally posted by flipside909
Most all of the RWD Lexus vehicles suffer this. It's just the geometry of our suspension. You can also check out www.luxurymotorworks.com in Monrovia. They cater to Lexus owners. They do very many IS300's since they are very promient on IS300.net and an authorized vendor. The owner is a Lexus Certified Master Tech...so you really can't go wrong there. And he's worked on more IS300's especially modified ones than any other independent mechanic out there. I get my services done there despite my 45 mile one way commute there. Worth every penny.
Thanks.

They're going to be a bit far for me (more than an hour each way even without traffic) but I appreciate the heads up.

psd112 09-16-04 07:21 PM

Call Clarks House of Suspension in Lake Forest off Vista Terrace rd. (949)768-6261 I have taken all of my cars there and this shop is AWESOME. They do any and all kinds of suspension work for ANY type of car. They have been in south OC for like 20 years or something, and this is the only place I let do alignments on my car. These guys really know their suspension, no matter what kind of car you bring in!
HTH

Paul

simons2k 10-19-04 04:58 PM

Alignment...where to go?

I've got a friend who has an LS430. He is getting new wheels and dropping the car with Eibachs.
Can anyone recommend a good alignment shop in the San Fernando Valley area?

Rich27 10-26-04 11:22 PM

Luxury Motorworks!! They do awesome work. I

Wald GS 10-27-04 04:23 PM

Originally posted by audio28
Luxury Motorworks!! They do awesome work. I
What do they charge for an alignment? thanks

flipside909 10-27-04 07:03 PM

Call them up! www.luxurymotorworks.com

GSXOTIC 01-18-05 08:58 PM

Need front wheel alignment!!

Can anyone in OC or diamond bar area refer me to a reputable shop to do front wheel alignment (w/o damaging my wheels)? I need it badly.

GS4DOUGIE 01-18-05 09:17 PM

I have had both our GS 4's done at Precision Tune Auto Care in Aliso Viejo. Referred by SoCalSC4 "Bob" who lives in that area. Good folks, decent prices. Do you have a drop?? They do a 4 wheel alignment for about $60-70 I think. 949.448.9661

Doug

juniorsdad 01-19-05 06:47 AM

a little bit further drive

westend alignment
18008 s vermont ave
gardena, ca
310/808-9233
darin nishimura

he's the best..!
sets up a lot of racers (ie, autox, rally, etc.) guys come from all over the state to have him set up their cars...
make an appointment - typically a 1-2 week backlog
cash only, too.
worth the wait :bigok: