CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Alignment Shops (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-13, 09:49 AM
07IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RiffRaff35
only other place id recommend is west end in gardena
I've heard good things about westend. I called them earlier in the week, I spoke to one of the workers there and he took the time to answer all my questions. I'm already impressed and haven't even taken my car in for an alignment. I got an appointment this Wednesday.

Thanks for the recommendation
Old 09-15-13, 04:38 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07IS350
I've heard good things about westend. I called them earlier in the week, I spoke to one of the workers there and he took the time to answer all my questions. I'm already impressed and haven't even taken my car in for an alignment. I got an appointment this Wednesday.

Thanks for the recommendation
West End is the best. Darin is an awesome guy to work with. He is the one that told me about my radial pull from a defective tire. Just don't flake out on your appt.
Old 09-15-13, 07:36 PM
07IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Grouchy
West End is the best. Darin is an awesome guy to work with. He is the one that told me about my radial pull from a defective tire. Just don't flake out on your appt.
Definently won't flake.
Old 10-08-13, 11:19 PM
1stGenIS
Driver School Candidate

Toyota and Lexus can't figure out where or what tire my radial pull is coming from. Got 3 alignments and changed tires on the front and it still pulls to the left. I'm tired of spending money in something with the same end result.
Old 10-09-13, 04:26 PM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stGenIS
Toyota and Lexus can't figure out where or what tire my radial pull is coming from. Got 3 alignments and changed tires on the front and it still pulls to the left. I'm tired of spending money in something with the same end result.

something else seems off. has the car been in an accident? (any bent arms, blown suspension/shocks, etc?)
Old 10-09-13, 06:04 PM
1stGenIS
Driver School Candidate

Cars never been in an accident, both lexus and Toyota told me there was radial pull due to a defective tire.

Changed tires and still the same pull. I did try to put the tires in opposite sides and it did pull to the other side and worse so I thought it was a tire for sure, but it wasn't.

Everything in the suspension is fine also, no bends, no bad bushings.

Maybe it's one of the wheels. I'm tempted to throw on my extra set of 18's and throw tires on them to see if it will do the same thing.

It's super annoying though.
Old 11-20-13, 11:06 AM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

I just scheduled an appointment with Cyrus at JC Auto House, does anyone know if he charges 120 now for an alignment? I was under the assumption that it was 90, but he quoted me 120 even when I don't have any custom arms.
Old 07-31-14, 03:58 AM
slickwil89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow Southern California Alignment Shops?!

I think it's time. I need an alignment! Tricky part is many shops don't want to touch cars with Aftermarket Coils & Camber! Due to liabilities I suppose & the fact they don't have the computer equipment that show the percentage ratios of suspension. Need some advice. Where's a great shop that does quality work with reasonable prices? I've heard of West End, I call but they never pick up or either I have to make an appointment 2 weeks in advance! They are busy I guess & I have no patience. So where else? Around the Los Angeles & 626 area preferably. Thanks.
Old 07-31-14, 08:27 AM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to west end for sure. I had them do my IS350 as I have adjustable front UCA's and rear camber arms. They know exactly what to do and how to properly set the alignment with the aftermarket stuff. Prior to them I went to another local "race shop" and the car just didn't feel correct afterwards. When west end did the initial measurements the front left camber was -1.75 and front right was -3.0. Went to the rear and one side was -1.5 and the other was -4.0. They had never seen anything that bad. An hour and a half later it was just to my specs.

It is just a small shop with 2 guys working there so you need to get an appt weeks in advance but it is more than worth it. There is a reason there is a 2 week wait. They know what they are doing. If I remember is cost me ~$120. Don't get pissed if they don't pick up the phone as they are generally both working and aren't always in a position to pick up the phone if they are both in the middle of something. No front desk to handle the phone.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/west-end-alignment-gardena

Last edited by Sportskid1; 07-31-14 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-31-14, 08:55 AM
Kd0t
Driver

Check out 7L Autosport in Chino. They focus primarily on Subarus but they have a nice Hunter Laser alignment setup.

Lowered car friendly as well. Hit up Harry, he's the owner of the shop.

I think I paid around 90$?
Old 07-31-14, 09:59 AM
RandyIS350
Driver School Candidate

you can try Cyrus in Temple City

lowered car friendly, i had him did the alignment on my IS350

give him a call!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/jc-auto-house-temple-city
Old 07-31-14, 02:29 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

714tires for alignment. come on weekdays, expect long wait on weekend. yelp it, a lot of low car.
Old 07-31-14, 02:44 PM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by masboy
714tires for alignment. come on weekdays, expect long wait on weekend. yelp it, a lot of low car.
+1
Old 07-31-14, 02:46 PM
Stan86
Driver School Candidate

I'm sure many of you have had horrible experience with Firestone, as I have with many of them across the country. However, this one on Bristol, city of Costa Mesa was super friendly, they did mine (BC coilover, approx 2inch drop) under my lifetime alignment warranty.

Although I was told the inner tie rod needs replacement, I'll be bringing my car back to have them realign.
Like none of the other Firestones, who refuses to all lowered cars
Old 07-31-14, 03:42 PM
Hype VVTi
Driver School Candidate

I for sure would recommend west end alignment. I came in for an alignment and corner balance a couple of years back. He does an amazing job and works with you on how you want your car to handle. Dont be discourage over the phone because, at the time 1 guy was doing everything, he sounds rude but you have to understand that he was doing this all alone and while working on cars at the same time. 714 tires is good also since they were a lot closer and deals with drop cars and suspension mods. GL

Quick Reply: Alignment Shops (The Mother thread)