CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-13, 11:38 AM
imderpn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Platinum VIP because this:

#staycrushing
Old 03-18-13, 07:00 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow what wheels are those?
Old 03-30-13, 10:43 PM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

any body shop recommendations for some molding jobs? I need a wald spoiler molded as well as a customization which will involve hot stapling/ molding my front bumper... does anyone know of anywhere that's really good or really well priced or both?

Thank you guys
Old 03-30-13, 11:10 PM
Whitena
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^I'm sure you've read past post about PVIP, have you tried them?
Old 03-30-13, 11:57 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by RVCAis250
any body shop recommendations for some molding jobs? I need a wald spoiler molded as well as a customization which will involve hot stapling/ molding my front bumper... does anyone know of anywhere that's really good or really well priced or both?

Thank you guys
I live in the 626, and though Platinum VIP is much closer, I had a great referral and quote from Diamond Hills Collision. They're located in Diamond Bar area. They do get pretty busy at times, especially with it being car show season right now, so it's best to give them a call so they can consult with you and get an understanding of what you'd like done.

Diamond Hills Collision Center
20540 Walnut Dr.
Diamond Bar, CA 91789
(909) 468- 5626

Here's what I wanted done to my ride. They really go above and beyond what is expected.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-31-13, 12:54 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

^^^Damn your car is sexy. Did you ever put the L emblem on after or you just left it like that?
Old 03-31-13, 02:24 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks, Shadow! I really like your SGM on bronze look.

lol I put it back on. I had snapped a pic right after the paint had finished drying and was back at the collision center. I thought about de-badging the entire rear, but I like the look with all the emblems in the back.
Old 03-31-13, 09:02 AM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
I live in the 626, and though Platinum VIP is much closer, I had a great referral and quote from Diamond Hills Collision. They're located in Diamond Bar area. They do get pretty busy at times, especially with it being car show season right now, so it's best to give them a call so they can consult with you and get an understanding of what you'd like done.

Diamond Hills Collision Center
20540 Walnut Dr.
Diamond Bar, CA 91789
(909) 468- 5626

The work looks great, but one question. Will they work with polyurethane? B/c like some members have molded lips and even entire bumpers to their 2IS bumper (such as the 4GS bumper) I had a plan in mind and called Platinum VIP about it and they seemed shocked. They told me that they didnt know if they could do it because it is polyurethane and they've never heard of the clublexus people that have done the 4GS bumper. So that was kind of a bummer cause they seemed doubtful.. I was hoping to get all the work done in one place. So do you know if Diamond HIlls will work with plastic/polyurethane?
Old 03-31-13, 10:39 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

The work looks great, but one question. Will they work with polyurethane? B/c like some members have molded lips and even entire bumpers to their 2IS bumper (such as the 4GS bumper) I had a plan in mind and called Platinum VIP about it and they seemed shocked. They told me that they didnt know if they could do it because it is polyurethane and they've never heard of the clublexus people that have done the 4GS bumper. So that was kind of a bummer cause they seemed doubtful.. I was hoping to get all the work done in one place. So do you know if Diamond HIlls will work with plastic/polyurethane?
That is something that they'd consult with you about. They have done quite a few show cars before, and more likely than not polyurethane materials were used. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to work on it. Honestly, it wouldn't hurt to give them a call and find out more.
Old 04-06-13, 08:25 PM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

My car is currently at Platinum VIP. After doing some research, made alot of sense to bring it their for work. I live 5 minutes away and their work speaks for itself. Not to mention, Kennedy really works with you and makes sure your getting what you want. Can't wait till my car is done.
Old 04-07-13, 01:34 AM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Thank you guys
I just had a ton of molding/customization/polyurethane/fiberglass work done in South OC at Laguna Niguel Collision.

Dmitriy is an honest/detailed guy and his team does excellent work.
Attached Thumbnails Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)-img_1637.jpg  

Last edited by slowdiver; 04-07-13 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-23-13, 08:03 PM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

has anyone had platinum vip install replica lips before? seems like they not that willing to do it..

what shops willing to work with fitment issues with decent quality work in socal?
Old 04-23-13, 08:55 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kitty2IS
has anyone had platinum vip install replica lips before? seems like they not that willing to do it..

what shops willing to work with fitment issues with decent quality work in socal?
Is it just an install? As in removing the OEM spoiler, cleaning and preparing, painting the rep spoiler, and mating it with the trunk? If so, I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't. If it's just that, having it painted along with removing the OEM spoiler are the hardest part appear to be the hardest. PM me if you need a quality paint shop in the 626.
Old 04-23-13, 09:30 PM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

oh no it's actually a front and rear lip . sorry forgot to mention.

jess
Old 04-24-13, 09:41 AM
jgonx213
Driver

Default Shop recommendation for body work~

Im wanting to put on a rear diffuser lip but fitment isnt so great but wanna take it to a shop that can do some work to it~ any shop around so cal~ lmk~~ ty

Quick Reply: Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)