CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-05, 01:04 PM
soon2benags4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)

Well somebody hit my car. My brand new baby. The lady's insurance company is going to pay for it but I'm wondering can anyone suggest a good body shop for me. I have the 06 GS300 and I am in the West LA area. I am willing to drive for the best service

Let me know

Last edited by RA40; 04-18-12 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Merge & prep for FAQ
Old 06-23-05, 10:20 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.marcosautobody.com/

Heard they do good work but expensive.

Since the other lady's insurance is gonna pay for it. Take it there.
Old 07-13-05, 11:14 AM
Huffster
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if you already have this figured out, but Body Pros in Garden Grove does a lot of the cars/trucks in magazines and shows. I had them repair damage on one of my vehicles a while back and it was flawless. Also had them totally go over a show car I had a few years back (new paint, custom work, etc). Top notch work. They have had people ship cars to them or even drive from far locations just to have them do the work. They do "regular" insurance repair work as well.
Old 11-25-05, 12:35 PM
Yasmine
Driver School Candidate

Default LA body shop for chipped paint

Hey any recommendations? My SC is a 2002 pearl white color and ( thanks to my neighbor, who keeps opening her door into my fender) has small chipped paint. I bought some factory paint but now I find that part of the chrome of the driver's side mirror is scratched so I want to get it professionally worked on.
Old 11-25-05, 01:24 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Yasmine
Hey any recommendations? My SC is a 2002 pearl white color and ( thanks to my neighbor, who keeps opening her door into my fender) has small chipped paint. I bought some factory paint but now I find that part of the chrome of the driver's side mirror is scratched so I want to get it professionally worked on.
Where are you located? And welcome to CL.
Old 11-25-05, 06:26 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing Glendale or Northridge
Old 11-25-05, 09:20 PM
SSK0771
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If you have a chip, you can't just repair the chip. You have to paint the whole panel and blend it in to make sure the color matches between the old paint & new paint. Especially white color.
Old 11-28-05, 02:57 AM
Bebber
Rookie

Default Marco's auto body

I've taken my Acura TL to Marco's Auto Body in San Gabriel twice before and they've done great work. The only problem is that they take awhile to do the repairs and they're not the cheapest.
Old 12-02-05, 01:36 PM
DimSumMan
Driver School Candidate

Take it to Steve at T&L autobody. He does a great job! He did a lot of IS300's from My.Is already and they all came out perfect!
Old 12-02-05, 03:37 PM
HKSC300
Driver

I'd recommend Sixteen Customs in Gardena, CA. Hiro is the man.

They did a great job on the JTuned AE86:
http://www.jtuned.com/content/templa...d=277&zoneid=4

Currently working on my car as well.
Old 02-08-06, 01:49 PM
cadekker
Driver School Candidate

Default looking for clear bra & body shop in San Diego

I'm a new Lexus 2006 IS 250 owner, less than one month, have already put a good size scratch in the lower panel on the back passenger side. I'd also like to get a great deal on getting a clear bra installed. Of course, looking for quality as well.

Does anyone have experience with a great body shop and clear bra installation in San Diego?

Thanks
Old 02-09-06, 01:42 AM
JasonC
Pole Position

If you are looking for quality in a clear bra install, go with Premier. They travel down to SoCal every month to do clear bras for the exotic car guys. They've done many cars for many CL members and get rave reviews from car owners of all sorts. Give Sam a ring at sam@premiermobilegroup.com. There's no one that works on more high end cars than them. Hope this helps.
Old 02-09-06, 07:33 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ,,,

If you're looking for a bodyshop in San Diego, look no further than Amato's. It's in the Sorrento Valley area. They cater mostly to high-end luxury and exotic cars. I'll say this, it's the only bodyshop in San Diego that San Diego Ferrari entrusted to work on their Enzo.
Old 04-12-06, 08:25 AM
TedxGS
Pole Position

Default need dependable body shop

Hey fellow club lexus members, I've been going to multiple body shops throughout many years with my previous cars and my GS to get stuff painted or fixed. These shops were around la county area, but since I reside in OC now, I would like to know if there is a one stop body shop that does good work on repairs (dents dings) and paint. A place that is dependable and trustworthy. This way I can just stick to one body shop from now on. I would really appreciate it If any of you guys can recommend me to a place with the number and name. Thanks.
Old 04-12-06, 09:16 AM
soarer1023
Lead Lap

there was a thread that has all the shops around LA and OC area, i did the search, but maybe it too old, so no longer on the section, but if someone dig it out, will be a really good idea to make it sticky, but anyhow, just search really quick, coz i just did it, and there were 10 threads about OC body shop.

Quick Reply: Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)