ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   CL of Southern California (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-of-southern-california-149/)
-   -   Fender rolling-shaving?! what shop? (The Mother thread) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-of-southern-california/154038-fender-rolling-shaving-what-shop-the-mother-thread.html)

antbo 03-08-05 04:58 PM

Fender rolling-shaving?! what shop? (The Mother thread)

i need to roll my fenders. im located in san diego and on week days, lately been in santa ana. where is a "good" place that does "good" fender rolling jobs? and a list of prices if you can. thanks

mikeloc24 03-09-05 12:59 PM

:thumbup: You can try Todd with TMEngineering.net, Torrance CA

AutoCoutureSC 03-09-05 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
:thumbup: You can try Todd with TMEngineering.net, Torrance CA

another vote for Todd... but he didn't roll my fenders, but shaved them in the rears. =) :woot:

flipside909 03-09-05 01:54 PM

In addition to Todd, you can also go to Luxury Motorworks for fender shaving. :thumbup:

hello1 03-09-05 05:30 PM

rolling usually costs around 35-50 per fender, why dont you do it yourself. its fairly easy. just use a heat gun or torch and heat up the fender, then use a bfh..big hammer and bang it along the inside, u can then use a wood block to smooth it out. just to save you money. or you can borrow a fender rolling tool, much easier and smoother. if not, you can hit up the wheel supply in walnut, they do a pretty good job :thumbup:

rscott 03-15-05 05:22 PM

id recommend the wheel supply also. They did mine but since my fenders were already slightly dented, it didnt turn out so well. If thats the case, have them cut them. They will do both.

Wald GS 03-15-05 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by rscott
id recommend the wheel supply also. They did mine but since my fenders were already slightly dented, it didnt turn out so well. If thats the case, have them cut them. They will do both.

That's where I went as well. Tell albert , sander, or victor "bryan with the carlsson gs" sent you and they'll hook it up.

Pete the guy who did my fender work did an excellent job pulling, flaring, and rolling my rear fenders to accomodate my +15 offset. I can't think of anyone I would trust besides him,

-bryan

antbo 03-16-05 08:24 AM

what time do wheel suppkly usually close and thanks for the feedback guys. got an address?

rscott 03-16-05 12:48 PM

www.thewheelsupply.com

theyre good people there

van48 03-17-05 08:42 PM

go to big 5 and get a baseball bat. never did it myself, but seen people that made it look pretty nice.

antbo 03-18-05 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by van48
go to big 5 and get a baseball bat. never did it myself, but seen people that made it look pretty nice.

yeah, thats what my homies usually do. but i dont trust them or myself. :sad:

Hartawan 07-08-07 02:47 AM

Fender Rolling...

Anyone know a good place to roll fender? Where and about how much?

Thanks in advance.

joonsta 07-08-07 11:06 AM

I can't help you there, but why do you want to roll your fenders??

Getting coilovers?

Hartawan 07-08-07 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by joonsta (Post 2752042)
I can't help you there, but why do you want to roll your fenders??

Getting coilovers?

My rims are super flush with my fenders, so when I am carrying 2 in the car with full tank, 3 in the car with at least half a tank (or even 1/4), 4 in the car with 1/4 tank, I will rub on any little bump. Plus if I roll now, when I get coilovers later, I can drop it to the ground with no problem.

PureDrifter 07-08-07 04:35 PM

iirc TWS in walnut does it.

Status would prolly do it too.