CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

WANTED: COMPETENT, HONEST, and FAIR (PRICE) Mechanic in San Diego

Old 09-23-23, 07:22 AM
Observer1
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default WANTED: COMPETENT, HONEST, and FAIR (PRICE) Mechanic in San Diego

Tired of people that:
  • don't really want/give two craps about their job,
  • think they know it all (the Holier than Thou)
  • tell me "oh by the way, your ___________ [noun - part on a car] is __________ [verb ending in -ing] and if you don't ____________ [action verb] right now, then, something bad may happen.
It seems SO much easier to find a tard mechanic than one that is just DECENT.
Don't even suggest TLC in Convoy. I called them, and was told a transmission drain and fill would be "about $800". When asked exactly what was done, was told just the 17 quarts of ATF that my 2015 IS350 takes was really expensive. WTF?!?!?! Confirmed they got all this information from the computer and mechanic that would do the work. RIGHT. Really gives me confidence that they're straight up.

At this time, all I want is a transmission drain and fill. I would do it myself, based upon the copious amount of information available including the .pdfs from @Sasnuke , but I don't have a lift or access to good ramps and a 24mm tool, so I consider this an infrequent need and decided to find a mechanic/shop that could do this, but instead of seeing dead people everywhere, I see 'tards everywhere.

Can anyone help and personally vouch for someone that is a straight shooter and knows what they're doing?

Old 12-30-23, 11:22 AM
calicoaster
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I've had very good experience with San Diego Trux in Miramar. We take our Toyota there. Certified Lexus and Toyota mechanic. They do good work and don't push repairs on you. In fact it has been quite the opposite. They will find issues and usually tell you to wait on certain things you can wait on.