Windshield tint and si

Old 01-24-16, 08:52 PM
1Putt
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
Sounds good. I'll ask around. Thanks.
An update here-

TnT now uses a Air 90 film, as they have found that a lot of the newer (say 2015+ ) cars seem to have more tint in the factory windshield. For example, I just tinted the windshield on a 2016 NX200t, and they had to use the Air 90 in order for it to meter above 70%. With the Air 80 sample it metered 65%, too low.
Prior to starting a windshield job, they test samples of the Air 80 and 90 on your windshield with the light meter. They install the film that passes the 70% test. In the rare case that nothing passes, they will not tint the windshield

They did say that other vendors have the Air 90, but did not say who. A guess would be those that already use Llumar brand films
Old 01-24-16, 09:30 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Putt View Post
An update here-

TnT now uses a Air 90 film, as they have found that a lot of the newer (say 2015+ ) cars seem to have more tint in the factory windshield. For example, I just tinted the windshield on a 2016 NX200t, and they had to use the Air 90 in order for it to meter above 70%. With the Air 80 sample it metered 65%, too low.
Prior to starting a windshield job, they test samples of the Air 80 and 90 on your windshield with the light meter. They install the film that passes the 70% test. In the rare case that nothing passes, they will not tint the windshield

They did say that other vendors have the Air 90, but did not say who. A guess would be those that already use Llumar brand films
Good looking out! Yeah I was told my Tacoma couldn't be tinted because the factory tint was much darker these days.
Old 03-15-16, 10:28 PM
brxsilva
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fewer Headaches

My GX had the Air 80 Blue on the windshield and CTX 15 on the front side windows and CTX 5 on all the other windows. At first I was skeptical if the Air 80 Blue would really do what they said it would. It did. I had less headaches when the sun would be beating down on the windshield when I was stuck in traffic.
When I got my RX, I drove it around about a week before I got it tinted at the same place I had gotten my GX tinted. I had gotten a few headaches and now with the Air 80 Blue on my windshield and CTX 15 on all the other windows, I have yet to get a headache.
If you live in or near the Inland Empire, check out the link below. They do really good work. Ask for Peter.
http://superiorautostyling.com/services/tinting-prices/
Old 03-16-16, 12:35 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What's funny is getting an untinted loaner for a few days and realizing how much it sucks not having even the lightest of basic tint on your commute. And yes it's crazy hot an distracting.
Old 06-20-16, 01:46 AM
gs300HI
Driver School Candidate

Tint Doctor on Oahu is the best! Art got me legal and he is reasonable and professional.
Old 06-27-16, 03:53 AM
myroncuz
Rookie

man.. I remember when I was younger and not giving a fug about tint. 5% all around and 35 up front.. I still run illegal tint but just 20% in the front. I guess we older and wiser now haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Windshield tint and si

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: