CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

The new safety check law

Old 09-20-13, 03:31 PM
BLKPRL
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down The new safety check law

I heard Sunday September 29 @ Moanaloa Shopping Center to discuss and plan about some petition against the new safety check law. There will be other car clubs and car enthusiasts rallying.

Then October 10, will be the hearing. Let each of our individual voices be heard, that this isn't better for our state. Safety check prices with increase, it's unnecessary .

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...og-fight-fraud

What do you guys think?
Old 09-20-13, 05:37 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I dont see the point in safety checks period. AFAIK no other state has one.
Old 09-20-13, 09:15 PM
BLKPRL
Driver

I think Michigan has or some midwest state.
Old 09-21-13, 05:11 PM
Sykotic336
Driver

Originally Posted by HiloDB1
I dont see the point in safety checks period. AFAIK no other state has one.
i second this

its my car!! i paid for it with my money!!! why should i pay someone else to safety check it so dumb, im not gunna put myself in danger because im the one driving it! this state is ridiculous dont get me wrong i love where i live but come one seriously? rich get richer poor get poorer
Old 09-21-13, 11:20 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will try to be there. Safety inspection price should remain the same or lower as there will be less labor involved with new system. Besides, I hate the thought of pictures being taken just so other inspection station can recognize cars with failed attempts and have a mind set on failing those cars again.
Old 09-22-13, 09:15 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Every year when I get my safety inspection I remove my HID lights and put back the stock halogen bulbs, I also remove my entire coil over suspension and put my stock one back in. The suspension takes me about an hour to an hour and and a half, and the HID bulbs takes me a few minutes. I don't bother removing my rims, exhausts, and any body kit parts as those are legal and don't need recon. I've passed every single time so far. I should considering my car technically is legal at that point. When I get home, or the next day or two I put all my mods that would have needed recon or wouldn't have been able to pass either inspection back on. It's an annual tradition for me.
Old 09-23-13, 03:24 AM
SikHerLife
Pole Position

Working at a Dealership, I can already tell how hard this is gonna be without recon.. I think we have better things to spend our money on instead of this new stupid safety check system
Old 09-23-13, 11:17 PM
koreanjry
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SikHerLife
Working at a Dealership, I can already tell how hard this is gonna be without recon.. I think we have better things to spend our money on instead of this new stupid safety check system
so apparently what im hearing at my work is that our dealership is gonna have to lease the printers front the state at an annual rate. also the state is contemplating to place the new one piece safety decals on the windows like virginia does. what i dont get is in virginia the safety sticker is on the front window, what good does it do there?
Old 09-25-13, 01:01 AM
thelowly
Driver School Candidate

That sucks so bad for everyone who does projector retrofits... Guess I gotta pick myself up another set of OEM headlights.
Old 09-26-13, 09:01 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Every year when I get my safety inspection I remove my HID lights and put back the stock halogen bulbs, I also remove my entire coil over suspension and put my stock one back in. The suspension takes me about an hour to an hour and and a half, and the HID bulbs takes me a few minutes. I don't bother removing my rims, exhausts, and any body kit parts as those are legal and don't need recon. I've passed every single time so far. I should considering my car technically is legal at that point. When I get home, or the next day or two I put all my mods that would have needed recon or wouldn't have been able to pass either inspection back on. It's an annual tradition for me.
dayam chris, i wish i had time to do that.
Old 10-12-13, 01:59 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

IF the registration goes on the front windshield, how will that affect those that have full front legal windshield tint? Will it damage the tint every year? Can we sue the state for damaging our tint?
Old 10-12-13, 02:00 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PHML
dayam chris, i wish i had time to do that.
I've failed too many times for suspension in the past that I just figure an hour or two of my time saves me the headache if having to track down someone that will let me slide, or having to return home to do it anyway. I used to put my stock rims on too, but no longer bother with that.
Old 10-12-13, 03:22 PM
FMLis300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
IF the registration goes on the front windshield, how will that affect those that have full front legal windshield tint? Will it damage the tint every year? Can we sue the state for damaging our tint?
Tint is applied to inside of windshield, sticker is applied to outside.
Old 10-15-13, 12:22 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by FMLis300
Tint is applied to inside of windshield, sticker is applied to outside.
That would be good and I actually like that idea so having it on the bumper or on a plate in the rear wont be needed anymore. I've seen other cities where some soft of registration sticker appeared to be applied on the inside, so I hope it really does go on the outside for Hawaii if/when that time comes.
Old 10-24-13, 11:48 PM
mililani00
Pole Position

Yea kinda pointless have the sticker on the outside cuz people can just rip it off and what about dirty/grime? Windshield washer Gona take care ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The new safety check law