CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Remove or cut fender liner for u dumped guys

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-12, 06:09 PM
yaaayouuu
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove or cut fender liner for u dumped guys

So in eating my fenders and at times I can hear it rubbing while driving.
Question is did ur guys remove or cut between 10-2 o clock? On my sc3 I had to re wire. N tuck my harness an I ended up taking off the liner. Well it sucked when it rained cause all te water splashes uP in the foot panel area :/

Just curious on what u other gs owners did. Thanks
Old 08-06-12, 06:18 PM
BLKPRL
Driver

thats what I've been told many times, I've been told to cut my fenders instead of rolling, many GS owners claim rolling aint gonna do much... Im wondering myself where to get my fenders cut professionally. People claim its so easy a monkey can do it but i find it a bit of exaggeration, me and other car enthusiast were saying "You must need a damn steady hand to cut it straight" other than that i was thinking as well, don't you need to sand down the cut fenders afterwards? cutting metal will leave it sharp ??? thats a theory that me and a lot of people are wondering.

But as for my GS right now, my tires are a millimeter away from my fenders, it isn't rolled or cut yet. Im rubbing but the fenders aren't eating away at my tires, for the passed several months i still see the tire "hairs" poking out. I don't know what you guys call it, i call it mustache haha
Old 08-06-12, 10:49 PM
yaaayouuu
Driver

Well my fenders are rolled and beaten flat all around. Lol I was going to shave but read if u didn't reinforce it with welds it will split. This is the more correct way as u get a smooth, skinny lip.
As for me i don't really rub my fenders per say anymore just my fender liners. Lol I think I'm just going to rip them out completely.
Old 08-06-12, 11:11 PM
BLKPRL
Driver

Naw, keep them on man, theres another way, let me ask around
Old 08-07-12, 02:07 AM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ You can use a heat gun to mold them flat against the inside. Works pretty well.

I was lazy and ended up destroying them driving slammed, so I just removed them. Heat gun is my favorite method though.
Old 08-07-12, 11:37 AM
BLKPRL
Driver

^ Nice! i never thought about that >_< face palm* I'll try to use your method man, thanks!
Old 08-07-12, 02:39 PM
yaaayouuu
Driver

Originally Posted by Revive
^ You can use a heat gun to mold them flat against the inside. Works pretty well.

I was lazy and ended up destroying them driving slammed, so I just removed them. Heat gun is my favorite method though.
What about the part that used to be held on by the fender lip? Mines just hanging down from there since the lips been flattened. I think in just going to remove the liner. Tired of ppl going, hey!! Ur dragging something. When really its my fender liner running along my tires :/
Old 08-09-12, 05:11 PM
808_GS400
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just cut a portion of it like you mentioned on your first post. That way, you can still keep some of it.
Old 08-09-12, 10:04 PM
konaboi808
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yaaayouuu
What about the part that used to be held on by the fender lip? Mines just hanging down from there since the lips been flattened. I think in just going to remove the liner. Tired of ppl going, hey!! Ur dragging something. When really its my fender liner running along my tires :/
I know exactly wat u r talkin about
Old 08-10-12, 12:17 AM
yaaayouuu
Driver

Ehhh I just took out the damn things lol
Old 08-10-12, 02:04 AM
HangLoose
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About fender rolling/shaving

Roll front shave rear. Its a must. You dont shave the front because of structural purposes. And you dont roll the back because your fender will dimple.
Old 08-10-12, 02:40 AM
krazyGs3
Pole Position

i took out the fender trims and rolled the fronts mostly the tabs that hold the liner.. the rears i cut with an air saw an finished with a flap wheel grinder..or buy some adjustable rear upper control arms for an IS300 to camber it..
Old 08-10-12, 09:25 AM
HangLoose
Pole Position

IS300 RUCA fit on GS300's? Studio is in progress in getting their adjustable RUCA for 2GS's. Alot cheaper than the JDM parts available.
Old 08-10-12, 11:55 AM
krazyGs3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HangLoose
IS300 RUCA fit on GS300's? Studio is in progress in getting their adjustable RUCA for 2GS's. Alot cheaper than the JDM parts available.

yup i have them..
Old 08-10-12, 09:10 PM
HangLoose
Pole Position

Hah damn thats a good alternative eh. Also i didnt realize till lurking earlier but battle version just released their RUCA as well.

http://battleversion.com/store/gs300-gs400-gs430-97-05/

Quick Reply: Remove or cut fender liner for u dumped guys