Hawaii Vacation spots!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-11, 02:38 AM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawaii Vacation spots!

Hey CL members from Hawaii!

I just touchdown in Honolulu today from California and I'm looking for nice places to go with my girlfriend and her family. We rented one van so I was looking for family type locations (One 2 year-old with us). What are some thing/places that a family of 5 can do/go? Also, what are some places you can recommend for couples? For example, clubs, restaurants, or nightlife entertainments!

Mahalo!
-Alex
Old 09-27-11, 11:40 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Few tips:
When you goto the beach: be careful, never ever turn your back to the ocean even if it looks flat (should you goto areas that over look a cliff type place), you never know when a rogue wave might jump up. Talk to the lifeguards about current conditions and should you ever get caught in a riptide don't fight it head on, swim at an angle back to shore very slowly to conserve energy.

In waikiki: DO NOT buy weed from 'some guy' its probably just weeds pulled from the side of the hotel, wait till you go home, in Cali you can get better stuff than from 'some guy' in waikiki .

Places to see: get one of those tourist maps and if you can check out Kailua bay, world class windsurfing/kite boarding, beautiful beach and kid friendly size waves. If you like golf we have a golf thread.

AND~ look up Revision Audio, as a car guy its a must see shop run by REV-01, you could easily blow your whole vacation budget at his shop, showroom is on the 2nd floor so don't judge the place when you first pull up~ I suggest you see his place towards the end of your stay... cuz really your wife will kill you, you're 'oh babe this will be real quick' is gonna turn into a hour long drooling session~
Old 09-27-11, 01:25 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aLexGS350
Hey CL members from Hawaii!

I just touchdown in Honolulu today from California and I'm looking for nice places to go with my girlfriend and her family. We rented one van so I was looking for family type locations (One 2 year-old with us). What are some thing/places that a family of 5 can do/go? Also, what are some places you can recommend for couples? For example, clubs, restaurants, or nightlife entertainments!

Mahalo!
-Alex
Welcome to Hawaii! What kind of family things are you interested in? Beach? History? Sightseeing?

Go have a Hawaiian dinner at Germaine's Luau on the west side. Authentic hawaiian food and events there. Polynesian Cultural Center is also a good choice for an afternoon/dinner event.

Visit the Bishop Museum, Pearl Harbor (Arizona Memorial/Pacific Avaiation Museum/USS Missouri all in the same place), Hawaii Plantation Village (old Hawaii).

As llamaboiz suggested (only because he lives out there ) Kailua Beach is a tourist favorite because the president stays out there on his vacations back home. Diamond head hike, diamond head beach is also popular, but do watch your belongings. Kakaako beach park is good for the 2 y/o to run wild, right next door is the Childrens Discovery Center. Another spot is called Papailoa on the north shore, its where Lost was filmed.

Nightlife??? I think someone else needs to chime in...lol (96817isf????)
Old 09-27-11, 04:49 PM
VIP LXS
Lead Lap

Nightlife, depending on your age. I say if you're in the thirty and up range, then your best bet is rumors inside the ala moana hotel.

If you're in tge twenties then there are numerous spots. Villa in aloha tower is the new hotspot. Holly Madison was there this past weekend. Mixed crowd but majority are asains, zanzabar in waikiki (lil waynes afterparty was there also this past weekend) plenty of afromerican peeps though. Maitai bar in ala moana shopping center, the yardhouse in waikiki are both chill type places for both locals and tourists.
Old 09-27-11, 09:03 PM
rs/ss
Pole Position

Ya gotta shoot up to the north shore and grab a shave ice at Matsumoto Shave Ice in Haleiwa.
Old 09-27-11, 11:30 PM
toyfreak
Driver School Candidate

If you like hiking, check out Manoa Falls. Park on the steet a little ways down from the parking area and bring bug spray. There is valet parking there, but you have to pay.
Old 09-29-11, 02:07 AM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

Thanks everyone! My girlfriend and I are 21/22. So far after dinner (9ish) we head back to the hotel room because it's already so dark outside! We have been trying to find a late night spot since her parents are knocked out by 11 and so is the little one.

The shave ice place was a place on our list so far!

So fat we toured pearl harbor, went on an east side to north side and back to Waikiki tour, and today we went to a luau!!0
Old 09-29-11, 09:50 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

if you are looking for some hot spots to get some drinks in then let me know im always out n about on the weekends only though but i still know wuts good on the week days too..lol
Old 09-29-11, 09:54 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

^^ just make sure 96817isf is not the main attraction and doing backflips on stage. ROFL (inside joke)!!!!!
Old 09-30-11, 12:06 PM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

Now I'm in makakilo area! The Gf's family has a nice vacation home over here. Going to be heading to the north shore to get some shaved ice as suggested! Also, going to look for this shrimp truck people told me to go to back home.

I went to see the turtles yesterday and saw the waves! Super different compared to what you see on the other side of the island! I was wondering where all the surfers were and now I know. I think watching people surf in the movies and actually seeing it from a far is much different. Those guys/girls were faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from the shore riding those 4foot waves. Thats something I couldn't do lol. I was thinking to myself...damn the water over there must be super deep and they dont even have life vest on.

Also, it seems like after 10pm on a weekday the party is over. The beach is already super dark, the restaurants are closed or are starting to close, and no one is out! I assume the weekend is much better!
Old 09-30-11, 03:16 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tod071
^^ just make sure 96817isf is not the main attraction and doing backflips on stage. ROFL (inside joke)!!!!!
well skip is a STUNTMAN
Old 09-30-11, 03:26 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys should try out Mt Diamond Head. I climbed it when I went to Oahu in 07.
Old 09-30-11, 09:39 PM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
You guys should try out Mt Diamond Head. I climbed it when I went to Oahu in 07.
Oh ya that's where we going tomorrow morning! Then to the international market place. Probably do some clubbing tonight since it's Friday! Maybe even on Saturday! Still wasn't able to find a place to something late night on a weekday yet. Going to be here until Wednesday morning!