CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

For those who have the IS-F ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-09, 09:39 PM
808e90
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those who have the IS-F ...

I really wanna know how you truly feel of your car ...

What kind of car did you have before the IS-F?

How do you like the handling?

Can you really feel the weight even with all that torque?

Do you really like the design even with the huge hood?

If you could go back what options would you change?

Thank you
Old 04-01-09, 03:20 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I know where you're going with this. The person you want to ask is "jt808". He's a bimmer-turned-ISF guy. Maybe he'll chime in on this one and bring you over to the land of the rising sun!
Old 04-01-09, 10:29 AM
jt808
Driver

To quote the great Judd:

"They're the best cars on the road when they're on the road"

I've owned six Bimmers ranging from the 325i to the 550i. They are awesome machines, however, I spent way too much time in the service department. Two of my Bimmers were actually bought back by the dealership because they spent more time in the shop than on the road.

In the 8 or 9 months I've had my F, I saw the service department once for an oil change. With that being said, the F is probably 9/10's of a BMW M3 in the performance department. However, only the most hardcore of drivers could see the difference when taking the cars to their limits.

Being a car HO, I almost ended up trading the F for an M3 and I'm glad I didn't. Even with the bigger bulge in the hood, I think the F is a pretty darned good looking car. When you get the car over 3800 rpm, it makes an awesome sound that has to be heard in person to be appreciated. An average MPG of almost 20 also doesn't hurt with today's gas prices.

Yes, the car is very heavy, however, the car has more than enough power to snap your neck back and push you back into your seat. I think the best part is that it's still a Lexus. The car is Lexus smooth and quiet OR a beast when you want it to be.

Finally No, I would not change any options. Unlike BMW where the options are ala carte, Lexus comes with almost all the options checked off. My car came with the Navigation/Bluetooth/Back Up Camera option and I'm happy it did. Except for the Nav taking me on the scenic route to Round Table Pizza, I think everything about the car is very well executed.

Didn't I offer you to drive my car one night at Pearl City Starbucks? Anyway, hope this this helps!
Old 04-01-09, 01:13 PM
808e90
Driver

Originally Posted by jt808
To quote the great Judd:

I've owned six Bimmers ranging from the 325i to the 550i. They are awesome machines, however, I spent way too much time in the service department. Two of my Bimmers were actually bought back by the dealership because they spent more time in the shop than on the road.

In the 8 or 9 months I've had my F, I saw the service department once for an oil change. With that being said, the F is probably 9/10's of a BMW M3 in the performance department. However, only the most hardcore of drivers could see the difference when taking the cars to their limits.

Being a car HO, I almost ended up trading the F for an M3 and I'm glad I didn't. Even with the bigger bulge in the hood, I think the F is a pretty darned good looking car. When you get the car over 3800 rpm, it makes an awesome sound that has to be heard in person to be appreciated. An average MPG of almost 20 also doesn't hurt with today's gas prices.

Yes, the car is very heavy, however, the car has more than enough power to snap your neck back and push you back into your seat. I think the best part is that it's still a Lexus. The car is Lexus smooth and quiet OR a beast when you want it to be.

Finally No, I would not change any options. Unlike BMW where the options are ala carte, Lexus comes with almost all the options checked off. My car came with the Navigation/Bluetooth/Back Up Camera option and I'm happy it did. Except for the Nav taking me on the scenic route to Round Table Pizza, I think everything about the car is very well executed.

Didn't I offer you to drive my car one night at Pearl City Starbucks? Anyway, hope this this helps!

Thanks ... Yeah I should have taken you up on that offer!!

My car has been good to me so far but I did find it hard to build due to the ECU and all the CEL lights that would pop up. I've always had japanese built cars in my life untill I got the BMW but for some reason I feel myself going back. I guess I'll have to take closer look.
Old 04-01-09, 09:39 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jt808
To quote the great Judd:

well said JT....

My prev. car was a 07 GS430, for me...the only thing was the space...its smaller than it looks and having a 7 months old, you need to push the front seat all the way forward to cram it in the back seat.

only options i regret getting, is that stupid head light washer.....