ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   CL of Hawaii (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-of-hawaii-209/)
-   -   Back in the day... (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-of-hawaii/394213-back-in-the-day.html)

tod071 11-28-08 10:47 AM

Back in the day...

All this talk about old cell phone carriers got me a little nostalgic. :egads: So let's hear about the good ole days and the places you remember and used to frequent.

GEM, Wigwam, Pay & Save, Honolulu Stadium, Aloha Motors. Eateries like A&W Rootbeer (the original ones with the unique structures), Alex Drive-in, KC Drive-Inn (with the rollerskating waitresses).

That's all I can think of right now, but its a start.

llamaboiz 11-28-08 11:31 AM

dont forget chunkys drive in next to the stadium, goodie goodie shave ice, moilili crack seed store, holiday mart, kailua drive in, hawaiian tuna packers, the races at sandys on sat nites/diamond head...

tod071 11-28-08 11:53 AM

Waialae drive-in, Gibson's, the Super Slide!

llamaboiz 11-28-08 11:58 AM

checkers n pogo, professor fun, tv pow, mitsukoshi for video games, when tom moffit used to bring the big names here...

status.... 11-28-08 02:30 PM

damn i never even heard of some of these places.

i remember going to kam drive-in when i was small

tOyBOy808 11-28-08 03:20 PM

Hmmmm most of the places I remember have already been mentioned BUT remember Job Lot, Cornet, the DeLorean dealer in Pearl City and the shows on TV like Professor Fun "pow pow pow!" Knight Rider, Street Hawk, Air Wolf, Blue Thunder, Manimal, Silver Spoons, RoboTech, GI Joe, Transformers, Breakin' Hawaii!!!

This will spark a few memory cells:
http://i2.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/dc/43/c5b8_1.JPG

*sigh... those were the days.

teamplayer 11-28-08 05:14 PM

Pioneer Chicken...strips and chips...Waialae Bowl. FTW!!!

Primo Beer, Olympia Beer, Taco Tube chips, 50 cent friend noodles and manaupa from the truck after school, Voltron, Thundercats, Silver Hawks, Robotech, Star Blazers, Ultraman, Battle Fever J, Shakey's Pizza (begining of Kaimuki where City Mill is), Showbiz Pizza, Under-Roo's (sp?), MacGyver, Electric Company, Kangaroo shoes (with the zipper pockets on the side), Members Only jackets, Painters hats, Z-Cavaricci pants, Job Lot, Gems, JC Pennys, Orsons, Blue Hawaii Surf reasurant, Taco Time...crispy burrito and mexi fries...and the list goes on...

tod071 11-28-08 05:52 PM

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ZkE6aNlmao.gif

Originally Posted by status.... (Post 4041634)
damn i never even heard of some of these places.

Young puppy! Which ones haven't you heard of, or curious to know what they were? Maybe the old guys, oops, I mean the more experienced and matured guys can help. :D

is-eF 11-28-08 06:16 PM

For night clubs I remember Tiki's, Point After, and the Sting.
However, being born and raised in Kaneohe, I didn't get to frequent the city very much...but in Kaneohe we had, King Richards (now zippys) Windy's (now burger king) Hughs Drug Store, Benjamin Franklin, Kress (Pali downtown) Tasty Treat, Glidden Paints, Kaneohe Bakery, Honda Store, Dodies Meat, Walrich Drug Store. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Rat Patrol, Combat, Bearded Bob Lori, Twilight Zone, Blackbelt Theater, Bonanza, Beany and Cecil...of course I had to ask my older brother about all these places as I'm not old enough to remember these places...or am I too old to remember most places....Hmmm :uh:

tod071 11-28-08 06:20 PM

Wasn't there Fast Eddie's in Kailua too?

is-eF 11-28-08 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by tod071 (Post 4041970)
Wasn't there Fast Eddie's in Kailua too?

Yep, just below the 23rd Step...and there are actually 23 steps going up!
I used to deliver beer kegs up there and got to know those steps very well.
Oh...don't forget the infamous Club Hubba Hubba, and Lollipops! :eek2:

eastsidtsx 11-28-08 11:48 PM

Kress, woolworth fried chicken, cilly's, bobby mcgees, kaimuki theater, oceania floating restaurant, kengo's, castle park,

seangworld 11-28-08 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by is-eF (Post 4041962)
For night clubs I remember Tiki's, Point After, and the Sting.
However, being born and raised in Kaneohe, I didn't get to frequent the city very much...but in Kaneohe we had, King Richards (now zippys) Windy's (now burger king) Hughs Drug Store, Benjamin Franklin, Kress (Pali downtown) Tasty Treat, Glidden Paints, Kaneohe Bakery, Honda Store, Dodies Meat, Walrich Drug Store. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Rat Patrol, Combat, Bearded Bob Lori, Twilight Zone, Blackbelt Theater, Bonanza, Beany and Cecil...of course I had to ask my older brother about all these places as I'm not old enough to remember these places...or am I too old to remember most places....Hmmm :uh:

lol oh shiet.... i went to the point after once. i met my gf there and we were together for 11 years. right after we met PA shut down. well speaking of clubs, there was cilly's. there was the paradise club on schofield. there was the seafarer's enlisted club on barbers point when it was an actual naval base.

how about kam drivein in aiea when it actually had movies? i only got to go a couple times before it shutdown! ughh..

llamaboiz 11-29-08 12:45 AM

i remember shakeys pizza in kaneohe, eggs n things...

omg fast eddies... 23steps... hahahhahahha

is-eF 11-29-08 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by llamaboiz (Post 4042539)
i remember shakeys pizza in kaneohe, eggs n things...

omg fast eddies... 23steps... hahahhahahha

Eggs & Things was a nice drinking place at night as well as shakeys...remember how many shakeys there were...it was like pizza huts all over the place.
Don't forget Honey's which became Smitty's and I have no idea what it is now.
I remember going to Waialae Drive-in and having to past the grave yard to get in...talk about enhancing the movies! Then there was King Theater, Queen Theater, Princess Theater, Kapahulu Theater, Royal Theater...oh and Kaneohe Theater..LOL there were rats in Kaneohe theater you could see them run across the bottom of the screen. I remember seeing Gold Finger and Hercules meets the 3 Stooges there.