December to Remember?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-08, 10:36 PM
ESCplan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post December to Remember?

Aloha CLHawaii,

I'm currently looking for a luxury car somewhere in the low 30's and I'm really tempted by the IS250. However I sat in the demo car (41k) with all the goodies and I really want to pick up an IS250 w/ navigation and ML Audio. I was wondering if anyone knows if the December to Remember event is anything to plan for and what kind of discount I should expect walking into Servco.

Also, I know that Servco has a ton of IS's available (easily 30+ in just smokey granite) and I was quoted below 32k for an IS250 + HID + PA.

What can I expect from this sale? cash discounts or better interest rates? (my cosigner has great credit if that helps)

Thanks in advance and I look forward to owning my first new car and posting on this board a lot more often
Old 09-06-08, 11:20 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

From my experiences (2GS, 2RX, 3GS), the best time to buy and get the best prices are in September and October. New year models usually arrive during this time and they want to simply move the old inventory.

If you have a trade-in, ask the sales person to help you on the value to lower the price. If you need a sales person, PM me and I'll give you my salesman's name/number.

Good luck!
Old 09-10-08, 02:19 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Alan,

Welcome to CL...and CLH.

Btw...forget about trading in....my neighbor tried to trade in his 02 Grand Vitara...had over 100K miles....but was still in very good condition.....they offered him only $200 for it!!! That was a slap in the face offer as a trade-in. Basically, Servco is saying....we don't want your old crappy car....we want cash.

My neighbor later sold it for $4000 in less than 30 minutes after listing on craigslist.

Pete
Old 09-10-08, 10:38 PM
satellite
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ESCplan
Aloha CLHawaii,

I'm currently looking for a luxury car somewhere in the low 30's and I'm really tempted by the IS250. However I sat in the demo car (41k) with all the goodies and I really want to pick up an IS250 w/ navigation and ML Audio. I was wondering if anyone knows if the December to Remember event is anything to plan for and what kind of discount I should expect walking into Servco.

Also, I know that Servco has a ton of IS's available (easily 30+ in just smokey granite) and I was quoted below 32k for an IS250 + HID + PA.

What can I expect from this sale? cash discounts or better interest rates? (my cosigner has great credit if that helps)

Thanks in advance and I look forward to owning my first new car and posting on this board a lot more often
For under 32k with HID and whatever PA is, that doesn't sound bad. I have a bone stock 250 and I paid 33,500 out the door. I also bought my 08 back in November because all 07's were long gone. I'm sure they'll offer better interest rates during the december events.
Old 09-10-08, 10:51 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

stopped by servco today and there was one for 30,999....you can always get a an aftermarket HID setup if the price is too much....
Old 09-10-08, 11:43 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by satellite
For under 32k with HID and whatever PA is, that doesn't sound bad.
PA=Premium Audio, non-ML
Old 09-13-08, 03:36 AM
ESCplan
Driver School Candidate

Oh sorry, I must have been mistaken, I meant PA as in Park Assist (mom's gonna use this car at some point and demanded that it be in there!). I also mentioned that I wanted to pick up an IS with ML and no luxury package (I gotta see if that's even possible) because I don't see the need of heated seats and getting my ***** air-conditioned

I spoke to an ex dealer and apparently end of Sep, beginning of Oct offers the best prices (Just as CLHawaii mentioned) while still having a large variety of the old model year cars. By December most of the old model years are gone and they're giving better APR's on the new model years.

But since I'll be dropping more than $10 thousand for a down payment, the low apr really doesn't affect me all that much.

Just a bit of advice, if you or a family member is a state or city worker and has decent credit, check out the loans from the Hawaii Federal Credit Union

Thanks for the responses and advice everyone!
Old 09-13-08, 09:54 AM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

From what I've heard, the new models are supposed to hit within the next 2 weeks. I'd go down and find the exact car that you want with the exact features you want. Find out when the new shipment of 09 cars come in. Then go back when the 09s are ready to sell and negotiate on an 08.

The only drawback is that if you wanna save some money, you're gonna have to settle for their existing inventory. The later you wait, the less chances of getting exactly what you wanted.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 09-17-08, 12:40 AM
VIP LXS
Lead Lap

seen some good prices on demo cars on there lot....