Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Stay away from Woodfield Lexus!

Old 07-01-17, 07:34 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Stay away from Woodfield Lexus!

Also Certified collision!!!! Not only horrible work done, they BOTH committed insurance fraud! My copy of the bill from the body shop is different than my ins. co. The service dept said they replaced my AC compressor, they didnt! I dont know what to do first. Get a lawyer for consumer fraud? Tell my insurance company? Tell my insurance company I am unhappy with the work, the AC still doesn't work right and reopen the claim? They may want to declare a total loss, so far over $8000 of work! Then buy it back? Anyone ever have a situation like this? Any input?
The following users liked this post:
danielTRLK (08-01-17)
Old 07-02-17, 08:50 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Have you talked to the people that did the work? What did they say? Are they being cooperative? If not, probably just call your insurance company and tell them you're not happy with the repair.

I don't want to defend them and don't know all the details, but everyone is human and makes mistakes. Now, if you already brought this to their attention and they are not willing to fix their mistakes, than it becomes a different story.
Old 08-01-17, 10:41 PM
danielTRLK
Lead Lap

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

funny you mention that, I've had serious fraud issues with certified and wood field lexus too.

I'm so pissed they stripped multiple frame bolts on top of that to add to the insult.
Old 02-27-18, 08:41 AM
AbeFromann
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry about your experience with them, I've used Certified a couple of times and I mainly go to Woodfield for service on both of my cars and have been satisfied 95% of the time.
Only time I was pissed at Woodfield was when I first had my car, it threw out a check engine light and another light. I called the service manager and he told me to stop driving it immediately and tow it in. As I tried to figure out how to get towing and then get a ride home, I called again, talked to another service manager and he said I'm fine as long as it's not making funny noises (grinding, squeals, etc). It was idling normal. Ended up being a vacuum line with a tiny hole/crack. I wanted to kick the first guy in the nuts.
The following users liked this post:
NotFasty (01-04-19)
Old 02-27-18, 11:27 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by AbeFromann
Sorry about your experience with them, I've used Certified a couple of times and I mainly go to Woodfield for service on both of my cars and have been satisfied 95% of the time.
Only time I was pissed at Woodfield was when I first had my car, it threw out a check engine light and another light. I called the service manager and he told me to stop driving it immediately and tow it in. As I tried to figure out how to get towing and then get a ride home, I called again, talked to another service manager and he said I'm fine as long as it's not making funny noises (grinding, squeals, etc). It was idling normal. Ended up being a vacuum line with a tiny hole/crack. I wanted to kick the first guy in the nuts.
A doctor cant diagnose your sickness over the phone. They can get a good idea, that's about it. You still need to come in. Telling you to tow the car is the safest way to do the least amount of damage.
Ed Vale has been with the company forever. Started at the bottom and is now the director of service. If that guy told me to not drive, and tow my car in. I'd listen to him. I knows moded cars too.
Pretty much everyone at the dealership is top notch.