Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

stay clear of Highland park lexus

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-17, 08:26 PM
daily400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stay clear of Highland park lexus

They have a 2006 GS 430 on the lot that checked out for everything besides a minor shimmy higher then 55 and the radio was staticie. So i am in the market for one and i loved it besides those two issues which for the most part are pretty easy fixes. The salesmen was awesome his name was Mike Brice. Any who, after the test drive we sat down and started to talk about the car and i expressed my concern and told him i want to sleep on it due to the radio. It has the mark levinson sound system with the xm add on. Now if you know these cars everything runs through the extremely expensive amp in the trunk and you are not able to by-pass it. So i was going to come home to do some research to see if this is a common issue or something simple such as a bad antenna or head unit. So Mike went and let his manager know that i will be leaving and i will be letting them know the next day how i felt. So his manager walks over and throws ebay papers at me and says heres your issue its the head unit for $200 online. He also indicated to me that he is newer to Lexus so i had to explain to him about the car and how that system works and although in other cars that might be the issue. it may not be the issue in this vehicle. He said extremely ignorant so do you want the car or not? I walked out and expressed how i felt to my Mike the salesmen the following day in a email he sent me as a follow up. I highly recommend staying away from highland park Lexus.
Old 05-24-17, 07:27 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

When I had my IS350 they were fantastic for service

my sense is that your sales experience is more related to you being a bit out of their core customer base (ES and RX customers)

my my sense is also that they don't sell a lot of cars that at over 10 years old
Old 06-13-17, 12:14 PM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

as a very active member of Club Lexus, I want to thank you for the feedback about Lexus of Highland Park. My name is Jim McLaughlin and I am the Director of Fixed Operations at the store. Although I cannot change the way your sales experience went, I want to let you know that we strive to ensure our guests have an excellent experience every time they enter our dealership. I will talk with Mike Brice to find out what happened so we can assure this doesn't happen again to you, or anyone else for that matter. If there is anything I can do for you, my direct line is (847) 861-5850.

Jim McLaughlin
Fixed Operations Director
Lexus of Highland Park