ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Chicago Lexus Club (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/chicago-lexus-club-119/)
-   -   Hot Import nights in Wheaton? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/chicago-lexus-club/73873-hot-import-nights-in-wheaton.html)

jimxo 02-11-03 06:11 PM

Hot Import nights in Wheaton?

Every year in downtown Wheaton the city blocks off two streets to host the Friday Classic car night. I'm pretty sure they do this for 4-6 weeks around July and August.

The only problem is they have the same cars every week. GTO's, 1950's Corvettes, Pony cars ect...

So my hope unless someone has a better idea :confused: would be to have a ClubLexus/Import night. Just think we could get the local Lexus dealer (Naperville) to sponsor some free bee's of some type? The whole world would know Lexus does make the greatest cars on earth:D Anyway before I get a head of myself:) I'm looking for some feed back from all of you?

I think it's only fair that any import would be welcome BMW, MB, ACURA, INFINIT, HONDA ect..

If you guys think you would be interested I will then speak to the City and see what we can do. The event usally starts at 7:00 and ends at 10:00 pm (Friday's). You could not leave until the end since getting your car out is impossible.

I'm thinking about min 30 cars-50 max. Your car would have to be in very good condition and have some mods on it (DVD, PS2, Sound System, big pipes, funky dash or colors). Wheaton is a conservative town so 1/2 naked women are now going to work. Although very hot girls are welcome:D Noise levels are not a problem since they usually have a DJ there from time to time or a band.

quikturbo 02-11-03 08:35 PM

Jim,

I would definitely be interested in the Wheaton get together. It's a stones throw away for me :D

Most train track/small towns have revived the car shows over the last two years. I've gone to Crystal Lake for the last two. My buddy and I used to park the supra's there, and we usually got a mixed reviews, some hardcore muscle car guys even enjoyed them;) Either way, its great to be able to hang out and admire others hard work.

lexcoupe 02-11-03 10:13 PM

Jim, id be interested in something like this.

There is one that happens in Rolling Meadows, but with this one you can bring and take your car whenever you want. But i think it would be pretty cool to have a local show like that. Id bring my car.

Kevin

MAmornIS 02-12-03 08:07 AM

Jim, I'm down for it..Let us know what you find out..

jimxo 02-12-03 09:18 AM

"Boyz get your cars ready"

Holy cow do I have good timing.

I just got off the phone with the person in charge and have secured a spot for this year-Woo Hoo:D They were making out the schedule this week.

Import night will be Friday July 18, 2003 in Downtown Wheaton.

Event time is 7:00-9:00 pm. You need to arrive at 6:00 pm to guarantee yourself a spot.

The requirements are as follows:

Your car is considered an import-that's it.

However lets make sure we enter the best of what Lexus has to offer. Wheaton does not allow for the sale of products through vendors. Free hand out's are acceptable.

I'm going to email Tyler and see if Lexus wants to show case the new RX330 and bring some T shirts or something to hand out to the local's. This event is more "family night" than what we would consider an import night. A lot of soccer mom's and dad's with kids who drive nice cars.

I will post additional details later.

If you guys know of other people who would be interested please let them know. I think I can get a couple of 911's and M3's
to par take.

TerryTCL 02-12-03 09:28 AM

i'm game...

i can roll up there with mack and the other lexus guys in my crew...

quikturbo 02-12-03 09:29 AM

That's awesome Jim!

I've got a few cars I'll try to line up.
Skyline, Ferrari, Supra's, my lex :D

Definitely looking forward to it. As it gets closer we'll have to put up a sticky as a reminder.

Chris

lexcoupe 02-12-03 10:59 AM

NICE, this should be cool, we can have a little ClubLexus section :D

Kevin

MAmornIS 02-12-03 12:52 PM

Should i bring the Lex or Supra is the question..maybe the Lex so i can fit in with you guys..

TERRY!!! Mark this down, cause your coming with!!

TRD GD3-Kris can maybe come if he buys another Lexus:D

MAmornIS 02-12-03 12:54 PM

BTW-Good job Jim!!! Let us all thank Jim for hooking it up..!!!!For he's a jolly good fellow etc..etc..:) :D

jimxo 02-12-03 01:18 PM

[B]Should i bring the Lex or Supra is the question..maybe the Lex so i can fit in with you guys

Dude bring the Supra:)

jimxo 02-12-03 01:30 PM

Tyler's in:)

Mr Johnson 02-12-03 04:13 PM

Sweet!!

Now, if I can swing a return from a trip in time to make it I'll be there!

Thanks for making this happen Jim! :cool:

1loudlex 02-12-03 05:45 PM

I will be there for sure... But i dont think that i will put my car into it. Its not up to par like everyone elses, but thats cool anyway.. I will definetly be there for sure. Good hook up Jim!!!

Adam " Lexist "

lexcoupe 02-12-03 06:04 PM

aww come on adam, dont be a wuss!! you got rims, a bad ass stereo, TV/DVD player, tints, custom clear headlights and taillights.. Thats is all i can remember about your car, but thats enough to put it in the show!!! dont wuss out!! :D :D

Kevin