Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Any places to get car dynoed at a good price?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-12, 11:05 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Any places to get car dynoed at a good price?

My friend and I were racing for fun a few days ago. He has a 2.0T Genesis Coupe which is rated at 210 HP at the crank and my IS350 is 306 at the crank. He just has a cold air intake and I have a short ram intake, and full cat-back exhaust. We raced with him having one passenger and I had none. To my surprise, he kept up the whole time and I barely was able to pull away at higher speeds.

So now I want to get the IS350 dynoed. I always felt that it's fast but not as fast as it could be. Does anyone know good places around Chicago where I can get my car dynoed at for a fair price?
Old 04-22-12, 02:52 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I recommend a dynojet.

Locations in IL http://www.dynojet.com/dyno_centers/....aspx?state=IL

Tips:
Have at least 3 runs, as generally the first two runs can be a little eratic.
Run on gear closest to 1:1. Not sure what this is on regular IS, but for F, 6th is 1:1 (direct drive gear).
Use correction factor SAE and smoothing set to 5 for easier comparison to others.
Ensure adequate cooling between runs.
Find a good and reputable location so you can return for future runs on the same dyno.
Old 04-22-12, 07:48 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PurduePete
I recommend a dynojet.

Locations in IL http://www.dynojet.com/dyno_centers/....aspx?state=IL

Tips:
Have at least 3 runs, as generally the first two runs can be a little eratic.
Run on gear closest to 1:1. Not sure what this is on regular IS, but for F, 6th is 1:1 (direct drive gear).
Use correction factor SAE and smoothing set to 5 for easier comparison to others.
Ensure adequate cooling between runs.
Find a good and reputable location so you can return for future runs on the same dyno.
I've had my car dynoed at AMS performance and they are very reasonable and cool guys to deal with
Old 04-22-12, 09:18 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

call Jason at Suja 1 Motoring in Addison, hes probably the closest to you that I can recommend.
Old 04-22-12, 09:31 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

^^^ They seem to have a long waiting list for their dyno though. I was told a week waiting list. They're good at what they do, but they seem to only show interested in GT-Rs, Evos, or STIs. Makes sense, since that's their specialty. I came to their shop with my F, looking to put some $ into it, but they seemed disinterested and no return email after a promes to do so. I got the hint.... First impression goes a long way.
Old 04-23-12, 07:21 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ yea I agree from personal experience. They are great at what they do but they dont seem to want side business.

Jason @ Suja will take good care of you.
Old 04-23-12, 06:13 PM
PetesLS400
Lead Lap

Speed Inc
www.ls1speed.com
Old 05-22-12, 08:26 PM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ yea I agree from personal experience. They are great at what they do but they dont seem to want side business.

Jason @ Suja will take good care of you.
No offense but Suja 1 is a joke ,they did my original turbo install and hacked up my car even Larry from SP stated that he would not dyno my car until it was done right. All Suja 1 is good for is hondas
Old 05-22-12, 08:29 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

My friend got his Prelude tuned and dynoed at Suja One and he said he'd recommend them.
Old 05-23-12, 05:42 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Yea Jason knows his ****. I was there when your friend came in to either Dyno or set up his appt. I was the Red S2000 on the dyno. He got great gains too just from a few bolt on parts still being N/A
Old 05-25-12, 11:50 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by smuv gs3
No offense but Suja 1 is a joke ,they did my original turbo install and hacked up my car even Larry from SP stated that he would not dyno my car until it was done right. All Suja 1 is good for is hondas
Why have you not recommend Larry. He has a dyno at SP no?
I am planing on going to him for my before and after dyno runs for my headers and neo on my 4.3.
Old 05-28-12, 06:58 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by smuv gs3

well you took a Lexus to have custom work done at a shop the specializes in Honda. Sounds like someone should have done their homework before they dropped their car off. Jason and his crew do great work. If someone said they wanted custom work done to their Lexus this is not his game but he could do it. SP is a joke and so is their customer service. Dealt with them when they started over by Turtle Wax. Wouldn't give them the time of day regardless what bolt on stuff they specialize in.

Funny thing is when I was going to have my 3gen GS boosted you suggested them "after" your car was done but yet they do crappy work If I recall you had issues with your tune and kept posting on here that it wasnt working and many suggested to not use it.
Old 05-28-12, 10:52 AM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2
Yea Jason knows his ****. I was there when your friend came in to either Dyno or set up his appt. I was the Red S2000 on the dyno. He got great gains too just from a few bolt on parts still being N/A
Was it a silver/bluish Prelude you saw?
Old 05-28-12, 12:32 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Yep...Im sure he will recall this

Old 05-28-12, 07:44 PM
Gaugster
Advanced

Speed Inc. for 2WD. They do lots of domestics but could be interested in Lexus/Toyota.

They welded the bungs for my 02 extension. However my buddy Larry was working there at the time. Now he is over at AMS.

Had my AWD dyno'd at GRD but can't really recommend them over AMS. Had a hard time to get scheduled at AMS even before they were making 1500HP GT-R's. GRD was more accomidating. Keep in mind that I am limited as I need an AWD dyno setup.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Any places to get car dynoed at a good price?