Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'
View Poll Results: Please vote so we can gather what will accomodate the majority!
Sunday @ Busse Woods - Schaumburg
100.00%
None
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Spring Fling - Chicago Lexus Club's 1st Meet of the year!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-12, 03:50 PM
daily400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill go talk to kevin on monday and see what he says im sure i can get him to do something.. expecially with what he wants me to build him. ill do what i can.. and im deff gunna try to get the LFA. i also got andy in on this and if 2 of us walk up there he shouldnt b able to even think bout saying no.. ill even out my sad face on.. lmfao.. and busse woods is prob best... and im also working on getting b96 to come out i know a few guys over there..
Old 04-14-12, 04:18 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ that would be sick!!!!

Okay so to firm this up and get things rolling.

Sunday May 20th @ Busse Woods

Anyone that is able to contribute with vendors, sponsors, ect please do so. Ill ask Matt to see what vendors of CL we can have assist us as we did last year.
Old 04-14-12, 04:23 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Lets get the official list going: Just copy and post with your name attached Matt or myself will update the first post for a running count. Lets go Chicago this is our chance to make a statement!!!

Old 04-16-12, 08:53 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Neurocity (Matt)
Passnu2 (Mike)
daily400 (Dominic)
linus73(steve) cant wait!
Old 04-17-12, 06:24 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Well if this is going to happen people need to start posting and showing us they want this meet to happen. As it sits we can forget having any kind of a meet...

With the few I contacted direct on FB we have less then 10 people attending.
Old 04-17-12, 10:13 AM
zmanRX350
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neurocity (Matt)
Passnu2 (Mike)
daily400 (Dominic)
zmanrx350 (Mark)
Old 04-17-12, 03:47 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Neurocity (Matt)
Passnu2 (Mike)
daily400 (Dominic)
zmanrx350 (Mark)
CaptAwsm (Alex)
Old 04-17-12, 05:44 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Spread the word and get this going!!!!!
Old 04-17-12, 10:58 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw this....Vossen Wheels is happy to support...doubt I can make it, will be at BimmerFest

mike@vossenwheels.com

SOmeone needs some Vossens for the meet damnit
Old 04-18-12, 06:06 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks Mike and Matt can slap a set on his GS just in time for the meet
Old 04-18-12, 06:35 AM
daily400
Pole Position

Dam this is ****ing sad I bet Cali has no problem getting 100'sa of people to sign up. I know I'm new here and was really looking forward to seeing what Chicago has to offer for Lexus. Any other car meet I've been to for other makes has no problem getting 100plus cars. I guess I was wrong thinking that the Lexus community in Chicago was good
Old 04-18-12, 08:29 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by daily400
Dam this is ****ing sad I bet Cali has no problem getting 100'sa of people to sign up. I know I'm new here and was really looking forward to seeing what Chicago has to offer for Lexus. Any other car meet I've been to for other makes has no problem getting 100plus cars. I guess I was wrong thinking that the Lexus community in Chicago was good
Yea, remember that guy from CA was complaining a few months ago that when he was in Chi, there was a lack of Lexi (plural for lexus?) he saw in the city.. I think we just dont have as many as out west. Let alone, people who are into modding them.

The huge local meets I've been to end up being large general meets with all type of cars. There might be a crew of 6 audis at a meet or a handful of RSX's that cruised in together, but the majority is a mix of everything. Itd be cool to get a ton of Lexi together, but if you want a 100+ car meet, put it on JDM Chicago's bootleg meets. Or maybe team it up with some other car forums.. supra forum?
Old 04-18-12, 08:48 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

We had a few 100+ car meets so there is enough cars, some not modded, but enough members to make this happen. This section was dead when I joined and we were able to get a few good meets then everyone got busy and its dead again.

Im not into the JDM meets. These are the meets were cars are getting stolen and your run into a crowd that isnt mature in their actions. Not saying they are not fun just not what Im looking for. Nor am I saying that everyone that attends is not mature or someone that I would hang out with. You get the good with the bad with these meets. When we had our meets we did have the Supra crowd with us and a few off make cars but these were mostly members that had other cars or maybe they brought someone with them. Out side of that it was mainly Lexus vehicles.

I figure we dont have enough traffic I will just have the thread locked up and call it a day. Would be nice to see everyone get back together but if everyone is too busy then a few of us will just have a smaller meet at one of the locals house and call it a day.

Its in the hands of the Chicago group to decide but needs to happen soon as I wont reserve stuff and invest money into this to only have a handful of people show up.
Old 04-18-12, 10:29 AM
ocr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by passnu2
I figure we dont have enough traffic I will just have the thread locked up and call it a day. Would be nice to see everyone get back together but if everyone is too busy then a few of us will just have a smaller meet at one of the locals house and call it a day.

Its in the hands of the Chicago group to decide but needs to happen soon as I wont reserve stuff and invest money into this to only have a handful of people show up.
I agree. im not even from Chicago at all, im in Wichita KS to be exact, but I'm taking a vacation in late may and wana plan my vacation to be in a area where there is going to be a meet. i dont wana plan a vacation to Chicago if the meet is gona be lame. I have lived near Chicago bout 4 years ago when I was in training in the NAVY. thing where pop'n back then with all kinds of meet from all sorts of groups. My wife wants to go to Chicago but Im about to pick somewhere different if this doesnt start sounding like its gona happen.
Old 04-18-12, 11:38 AM
daily400
Pole Position

There's more then 20 people that have voted on this topic. If your gunna vote why not sign up to come. I don't understand that. And I see alot of Lexus that are out all the time. and I agree that the jdm meets prob aren't smart. Bad things happen with those. And why aren't vendors besides 1a trying to help out I mean if vendors send out emails or a few calls I'm sure they could get people

Quick Reply: Spring Fling - Chicago Lexus Club's 1st Meet of the year!