PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

No worries guys, it is life. Next year.
Old 11-20-11, 01:13 PM
mEed
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it wasn't all that bad, as i mentioned before the food was great!, who ever showed up we all had fun! but ya last minute canceling sucks! but maybe next time?
Old 11-21-11, 09:58 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Anyone took pictures? I was too busy grill'in!
Old 11-21-11, 08:32 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

sorry i couldnt make it! i was busy installing 6 alarm remote starts. so my store prioritys had to come first.
besides i didnt want everyone laughing at my jeep! or 4x4 as it's been called. but wait till spring when my black beauty is lowered! already have the cash just looking for a good place here in chicago to do it! any suggustions besides top speed?
Old 11-25-11, 07:37 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ Yes

1 - Fizz (Ask for Ming)
2 - A&L Autobody (Talk to Anthony - Manager/Owner). Do not mistakenly go to WSTO while you're at A&L (Businesses are a few steps from each other). Once again, stay away from WSTO. It is my lesson's learned.

I haven't had any work done at TS, but I have heard negative reviews about them.
Old 11-25-11, 11:26 AM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by linus73
sorry i couldnt make it! i was busy installing 6 alarm remote starts. so my store prioritys had to come first.
besides i didnt want everyone laughing at my jeep! or 4x4 as it's been called. but wait till spring when my black beauty is lowered! already have the cash just looking for a good place here in chicago to do it! any suggustions besides top speed?
Spring install is pretty easy, just lowered my car a few days ago. Coilovers would be even easier. Top Speed is blocks down from where I live. I went to ask them how much it'll cost for them to install an Invidia Midpipe and they wanted $150 assuming that the install goes smoothly. Muffler shops wanted $60 and $100 at most if there was rusting. I ended up doing myself. I honestly can't trust TS with installs, only for parts I'll do. It's all young people working there.

I know someone who's a tech and he's been installing springs and stuff for my friends for cheap. Does a good job too.
Old 11-26-11, 08:00 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ wow you fixed your car fast!!!!
Old 11-26-11, 03:22 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ wow you fixed your car fast!!!!
Not yet lol. Still waiting on some parts to arrive! I got half the stuff in already and just waiting on the rest. The springs came in the next day after the accident and I put them on as soon as I got all the damaged parts out. Should be done by next week hopefully if everything arrives in time.
Old 12-02-11, 11:43 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
^^^ Yes

1 - Fizz (Ask for Ming)
2 - A&L Autobody (Talk to Anthony - Manager/Owner). Do not mistakenly go to WSTO while you're at A&L (Businesses are a few steps from each other). Once again, stay away from WSTO. It is my lesson's learned.

I haven't had any work done at TS, but I have heard negative reviews about them.
I went to WSTO's BBQ last year...they seemed to be a bunch of good guys and I haven't heard anything negative about them.

but i actually went to this meet. my 2nd car event i attended this year i think lol.
Old 12-06-11, 08:59 PM
2IS 'R' US
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
but i actually went to this meet. my 2nd car event i attended this year i think lol.
Mine too lol
Old 12-07-11, 08:59 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
I went to WSTO's BBQ last year...they seemed to be a bunch of good guys and I haven't heard anything negative about them. .
Well you can trust me on this, as my experience was first hand. At +$7K spent for their services, it was **** POOR. Here is just one of many examples: How would you like it if they had your car for 2 months and nothing was done to it? My god, how hard can a set of wheels and tires take and how hard is it to keep me informed? How about letting me know, so I can bring the car back later? What WSTO lacked was/is COMMUNICATION in all aspects of a business/client relationship!!!!! I sense my anger is ratcheting up so I better stop. But yeah, this is just one example.

In the end, A&L (Thanks to Anthony) next door helped to get things done on my car and now it is perfect.

And last but not least, WSTO has shut down, nuff said. They have or will reincarnate to: Victory Road," but original ownership is still there so to me VR = WSTO = I am still M_F'in PISSED OFF!!! Therefore you should not go there for wheels.
Old 12-07-11, 12:20 PM
AlphaMotor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Well you can trust me on this, as my experience was first hand. At +$7K spent for their services, it was **** POOR. Here is just one of many examples: How would you like it if they had your car for 2 months and nothing was done to it? My god, how hard can a set of wheels and tires take and how hard is it to keep me informed? How about letting me know, so I can bring the car back later? What WSTO lacked was/is COMMUNICATION in all aspects of a business/client relationship!!!!! I sense my anger is ratcheting up so I better stop. But yeah, this is just one example.

In the end, A&L (Thanks to Anthony) next door helped to get things done on my car and now it is perfect.

And last but not least, WSTO has shut down, nuff said. They have or will reincarnate to: Victory Road," but original ownership is still there so to me VR = WSTO = I am still M_F'in PISSED OFF!!! Therefore you should not go there for wheels.
Damn Pete! I would roll some heads if that happened to me. Our cars are our babies and when they are in the wrong hands we feel helpless.