Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Independent Lexus Mechanic Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-16, 12:50 PM
skico
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too am looking for an alternative to Arlington and need a 90K service. Any suggestions in the area would be appreciated.
Old 01-11-17, 11:52 AM
kpytoi9
Rookie

Im looking for a mechanic in the NW suburbs of Chicago who would be willing to do a timing belt/waterpump, etc on my GS3.

Any one with recommendations is appreciated.
Old 05-16-17, 04:02 PM
droclex
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking for an indy Lexus/Toyota mechanic in the north Chicagoland area who can help me diagnose an engine noise that the dealer dismissed. Car is a 2013 LS 460. Happy to travel to the suburbs if necessary. Much appreciated!

Last edited by droclex; 05-16-17 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-12-17, 04:40 PM
Zomski101
Driver School Candidate

Default Looking for mechanic

I'm looking for a good shop or person around the Chicago area that can install BC 264 cams, cam gear and BC springs and retainers. Also dezod green headers and Y pipe. Called sound performance and they quoted me $1000 for just cams, which is too much for me.
Old 11-01-17, 02:55 PM
whooodat
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Seem like this thread is dead, but here it goes.

Looking for an Lexus/Toyota mechanic in the North Chicagoland area to do a timing belt & water pump on 05 LS430. Also happy to travel to south suburbs if necessary. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-18-17, 04:28 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by whooodat
Seem like this thread is dead, but here it goes.

Looking for an Lexus/Toyota mechanic in the North Chicagoland area to do a timing belt & water pump on 05 LS430. Also happy to travel to south suburbs if necessary. Thanks in advance!
Contact Jim at Highland Park Lexus. He's the service director there and a fellow Club Lexus member. Highly recommended.
Old 12-19-17, 11:45 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 231 Likes on 183 Posts

For those of you looking for an independent mechanic (he does have a full time job during the day working on trucks), there's only one guy I would bring my cars to if I don't do the work myself.
He knows how OCD I am, and I personally vouch for him. He is "usually" most free after 1800 and that's Monday through Fridays.

Yes. He does have tools, lifts, etc. No I don't believe he has Techstream, since his day job is trucks and that's a whole different field.

I've known him for years, and couldn't think of anyone better. I WILL NOT quote pricing as this is something you'd have to discuss with him, but I can tell you he's far cheaper than a independent shop or dealer for sure, and you will not sacrifice quality one bit with him. Just about any job he can do, however big jobs, is something you'd have to discuss with him in detail.

Oil changes, water pump, fuel pump, gasket replacements, etc etc, no problem.
He does NOT mount wheels/tires. Might do LIGHT body work, but he's mainly an engine/trans/mechanical guy.

Just PM if you need or want the contact info, he is located about 10 minutes due east of the La Grange, IL area.
------

I also have a buddy that works at Lexus of Naperville, I don't go to there as I (rarely go to dealerships) deal with McGrath of Westmont (I deal with Dino ONLY from this dealership when it comes to service) since it's close to my home. PM me for his details if needed.
Old 12-30-17, 12:48 PM
Choc74
Driver School Candidate

Lexus is 220d.. trunk won't open without key. Reset in glove box done. Saw DC the egr fuse. Turn car off.. fully lock. Reconnect fuse then open and restart.. should reset .. X .. is this commen?
Old 03-16-18, 02:22 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Eli formally from Project X Customs. He's now with Douglas Automotive in McHenry. Only Master mechanic I trust for all the major and if necessary minor stuff I need.

Check out one of their old show cars he built.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...track-edition/
The following users liked this post:
passnu2 (03-19-18)
Old 03-19-18, 09:37 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tiguy99
Eli formally from Project X Customs. He's now with Douglas Automotive in McHenry. Only Master mechanic I trust for all the major and if necessary minor stuff I need.

Check out one of their old show cars he built.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...track-edition/
Hey, good to know! Is he at the Crystal Lake location? I might have a project car for him to look at.
Old 03-19-18, 04:27 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
Hey, good to know! Is he at the Crystal Lake location? I might have a project car for him to look at.
​​​​​​​I believe that's it. When you see him, tell him Michael from Chicagoz with the old white G35 coupe sent you
Old 03-20-18, 06:55 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

​​​​​​​I believe that's it. When you see him, tell him Michael from Chicagoz with the old white G35 coupe sent you

Thanks Michael! Just looked over there website, shows (if correct) that he's at the Barrington location. Still close enough if they are able to help me out.
Old 03-23-18, 06:22 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

tiguy99, spoke with Eli yesterday. He is out of Barrington. He's able to help out with my project car. Eli told me he still has all his tools from when he worked at the performance shop. Normally they wouldn't work on performance/modified cars but he was open to helping me out. I just hope this is a simple, quick, and easy fix...

Thanks again for the referral. Now I just need to find someone to help me tow this car out of my garage over to there shop to find out what's wrong.
Old 03-24-18, 11:03 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 231 Likes on 183 Posts

I believe that's it. When you see him, tell him Michael from Chicagoz with the old white G35 coupe sent you
Mike,

Long time no see or talk, PMed you.
Old 07-19-18, 06:06 AM
LexClub1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LeMoine
I have a family friend who has been working on toyota/lexus/honda for 20+ years. He is very reasonable and does good work, he works out of his garage which saves him lots of dough on overhead resulting in cheaper labor. Lemme know if youd like his contact info.
Can you PM me the info?

Quick Reply: Independent Lexus Mechanic Chicago?