Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Chicago Lexus Dealerships - The Good, Bad, and Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-16, 06:07 PM
illa
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very agree with ssonechko,
I worked with Steve on buying my new NX and he gave me the best deal including my trade-in.

Originally Posted by ssonechko
Hi guys,
I would highly recommend Highland Park Lexus if you are looking for the really honest, cooperative, respectful, and relaxing car buying experience.
Guys from the Highland Park Lexus paid very well for the existing car, were flexible with the new car price, met all my colors/features requirements, and even updated tires from the originals to Michelins.

No other dealer in Chicago area was able to match this deal.

Please ask for Steve (internet manager) or Jim (sales).

Also, thank you very much for the information shared in this forum. It helps a lot!
Old 07-31-16, 10:29 PM
Adziu9311
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought my 07 IS250 AWD from a small used car dealer and saw it needed some recalls done I immediately called up McGrath Lexus of Chicago and spoke with Mark. Explaining to him that my car had a cracked dash he was able to make it happen by getting me taken care of. Very pleased with the service. Definitely go see Mark!
Old 09-29-16, 06:47 PM
badman5
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm currently hunting a 14 GS. I test drove at Lexus of Arlington. Test drive went well so i have no complaints there. Service was polite and accommodating. But, then i called a week later to ask for Mario, whom i test drove with, and they told me he was off (its Tuesday). Fine, i'll call the next day (Wednesday). I call the next day and they tell me he is off that day (wednesday) and he was in yesterday (Tuesday), so i end up connecting with another sales associate to inquire with the intention of contacting Mario the next day (thursday). Sales rep told me he would call me in 5 min after he checks the physical inventory on the lot. He didn't call back for over 2 hours so i ended up calling back and got paired with a 3rd rep who promised he'd call after 10min once he checks the physical inventory for the options i wanted. Fortunately he actually replied back and said he'd get back to me Friday. I was finally able to contact Mario on Thursday, so he'll personally keep an eye out for the options i want. So far Arlington seems nice on the surface but i have mixed feelings on them. I've seen both good and bad reviews for them. I guess i'll see when i go in for the TSB for the 14 GS trim.
Old 09-30-16, 03:45 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by badman5
I'm currently hunting a 14 GS. I test drove at Lexus of Arlington. Test drive went well so i have no complaints there. Service was polite and accommodating. But, then i called a week later to ask for Mario, whom i test drove with, and they told me he was off (its Tuesday). Fine, i'll call the next day (Wednesday). I call the next day and they tell me he is off that day (wednesday) and he was in yesterday (Tuesday), so i end up connecting with another sales associate to inquire with the intention of contacting Mario the next day (thursday). Sales rep told me he would call me in 5 min after he checks the physical inventory on the lot. He didn't call back for over 2 hours so i ended up calling back and got paired with a 3rd rep who promised he'd call after 10min once he checks the physical inventory for the options i wanted. Fortunately he actually replied back and said he'd get back to me Friday. I was finally able to contact Mario on Thursday, so he'll personally keep an eye out for the options i want. So far Arlington seems nice on the surface but i have mixed feelings on them. I've seen both good and bad reviews for them. I guess i'll see when i go in for the TSB for the 14 GS trim.

if you don't get results, try calling Wayne at Bredemann, tell him Dave sent you.
Old 09-30-16, 03:57 PM
badman5
Driver

Originally Posted by Marqevans
if you don't get results, try calling Wayne at Bredemann, tell him Dave sent you.
Will do. Funny, because i forgot Bredemann Lexus exists lol. Malek said he'd reply by Noon Friday. Didn't reply so i txted him at 2pm, said he'll get back to me by the end of the day. "That's a promise". Guess i'll see if that happens.
Old 11-01-16, 02:08 PM
badman5
Driver

I am done with Lexus of Arlington. They SUCK! I recommend anyone stays away from them if searching for a vehicle. I'll contact Glenview instead (Bredemann?), hopefully they will treat me right. Friend services his car there and said they have good service. I hope thats true. I'm done with dealing with Arlington after a month.
Old 06-25-18, 03:30 PM
Adziu
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Woodfield Lexus

Definitely a great dealer to go to for anything that your Lexi needs! Very fast and friendly service!
Old 07-20-18, 09:36 AM
ES2LS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Woodfield
Hey Ed with Woodfield Lexus,
Neurocity thanks for the kind words! If anyone ever needs assistance or help with their Lexus please let me know. I am putting a package together for Chicago Club Lexus members....discount on parts and labor and other perks....let me know what you all would be interested in or would like to see.

Thanks Ed
Does this deal still stand? '13 LS460 being dropped off for 120k service right now...not to mention was bought from there as well...
Old 07-20-18, 10:02 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by ES2LS
Does this deal still stand? '13 LS460 being dropped off for 120k service right now...not to mention was bought from there as well...
Ed last signed into the forum in November of 2012. That said, I'm sure his "deal" wasn't worth anything more than what you could find on their website.
Old 07-21-18, 04:46 PM
ES2LS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike728
Ed last signed into the forum in November of 2012. That said, I'm sure his "deal" wasn't worth anything more than what you could find on their website.
yeah i figured i'd ask,. I've seen CL referenced at a dealership before, can't recall which one. I appreciate your response though.
Old 07-24-18, 11:00 PM
ES2LS
Driver School Candidate

Default Saved $500

Since i bought car from Woodfield, i took it back to them for 120k service and abs warning light service.
Initial diagnostic at another dealer (won't mention name, they've always been good to me): wheel speed sensor w/ harness replacement. Basically saying power going in but not coming out. I wasn't settled with this $800 solution that is a warranty repair. Of course I didn't buy warranty.
Saved $500, instead of replacing sensor w/harness they replaced just the harness.
Old 09-16-20, 08:18 AM
WNYX
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Here are my experiences with the local Lexus dealerships I've dealt with:
1. Woodfield Lexus - Customer service is excellent. The food they offer Saturday mornings is amazing. Service department is average. Trying to make a left out of there is a nightmare, depending on the time of day. Parking lot is tight, too. Inventory on new and used vehicles is average.
2. Arlington Lexus - Customer service is poor. The food they offer on Saturday morning is the same as every other day of the week. Service department is excellent. The waiting room, environment, and overall amenities is excellent, especially if you're stuck there for an extended period of time. Inventory on new and used vehicles is the best out of all of the Lexus dealerships I've visited.
3. Highland Park Lexus - Customer service is excellent. I can't say much about anything else because it appears they moved into a new building. One thing I disliked is they appear to have an open office concept, so the ambience was loud (it sounded like we were at a Costco). Also, it's tricky to get there the first time. Inventory on new and used vehicles is average to poor.
4. Glenview Lexus - Customer service is excellent from what I can tell. I only interacted with someone over the phone because of the pandemic, and they were very nice to deal with. They weren't aggressive at all. Also, they called me back a few times to offer solutions and alternative options to what I was looking for. I found that to be very helpful. Inventory on new and used vehicles is average.
Old 09-16-20, 06:54 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Glenview Lexus recently changed ownership. Would be interested to know what the experience is with the new ownership.
Old 09-23-20, 06:14 PM
WNYX
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought I'd give an update on my experience with Highland Park Lexus.
I took my car in today for service, and I must say, they've been extraordinary so far. The whole experience (from talking to my sales rep, to getting a call back for the appointment from the service department, to talking to the service rep during the check-in process) has been so good, it feels surreal. They've been treating me as if they depend solely on my happiness in order for their dealership to stay open. It kind of feels like the episode It's a Good Life from The Twilight Zone, but in a positive way. Overall, I've been really happy with my experience with Highland Park Lexus. Their sales team and their service team have been topnotch.
Old 06-02-21, 03:28 PM
RXJack
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Lexus of Wayzata sold to Chicago outfit

Lexus of Wayzata has been sold to a Chicago dealership group and man, am I seeing changes. Lots of turnover in the service advisors, and they seem to just be pumping for dollars at every turn. I also have a Mercedes that I take to a local dealer owned by Minnesotans, and what a difference. Mercedes never charges for changing headlamps, blinkers, or side marker bulbs. When I tried to pay, they just said "It's a bulb...don't worry about it." They also wash the car inside and out, n/c and thank me for coming in. The prices on other services are not cheap but they include so much it isn't bad.

Then there is Lexus. I took it in for a synthetic oil change, they said it would be $90, and it came back at $127! They found two side marker bulbs; they wanted $39.95 for each plus tax and "shop supply charge" of a certain percentage. I cannot believe a dealer is still charging for shop supplies! This seems so....1978 from when I lived in Chicago. They washed the car, but it was a lousy job. I waited 45 minutes from when they told me the car was finished until they brought it around. Awful service!!!

So I went to O'Reilly and got two bulbs for $6.99, and installed them myself. They were easier than a flashlight!!! Lexus doesn't make me feel like I want to buy a new one. Mercedes does. I actually like both cars, they are both of value. But the dealership makes such a difference. I also bought a Toyota Camry for the family recently. Service wasn't much better. I had to leave the car for a few hours and got a free loaner but they acted like they were doing me a favor. I had to sign all kinds of paperwork. At Mercedes they have my insurance card on file (I have to show them once a year) and they ask me what I'd like to drive, hand me the keys and say "Have fun...if you can please return it with the same amount of gas." At Toyota they checked my tank like I was getting a cavity check when being checked into prison. Just a horrible experience.

Are the Chicago dealerships just that tone deaf? In Minnesota, it is a very different culture. I wonder if they get it.

Quick Reply: Chicago Lexus Dealerships - The Good, Bad, and Ugly