Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

RANT: Bredemann Lexus, Glenview

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-09, 05:27 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

^^Yea Dave, where you been hidding...I'm hearing these GTR rumours.

Originally Posted by 2000LEX
Ha that sucks i had a bad experience at woodfield lexus yesterday the service is no good there either.
I just wrote them a letter too.
What happened?

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
I get fantastic service @ Woodfield Lexus. All the service guys are are great though I usually work w/ Steve Bouchard.
Woodfield Guys are great. Ed Vale and Steve are the guys I recommend. Bredemann is where my 1st SC came from and they were very decent, but nothing like the personal service you get from Woodfield.

Last edited by neurocity; 06-06-11 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-06-09, 01:15 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
Hey Brian, I totally forgot about it, sorry!! We've been busy looking for a new place to live...
I am glad everything is alright and also, you kept the awesome "F." I hope you locate a place shortly. Should not be bad in this housing market to locate something respectable at a great price.
Old 04-06-09, 04:35 PM
Gaugster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am home shopping too. Put a bid in on a short-sale in January and still waiting for the bank to accept or counter offer. I will get a smokin' deal if it all works out.

This is all on top of my wife being due to give birth in a month AND patiently researching a SC kit for the IS250. Yeh - its been real busy.
Old 04-06-09, 04:48 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaugster
AND patiently researching a SC kit for the IS250
Old 04-09-09, 01:23 PM
Mokey
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dbleagent
I started avoiding woodfield a few years ago when..2 of my new cds were stolen from my car while i waited for an oil change. After i got my car back pressed play on my CD player in my ES300 and it said "no disk". I thought that maybe the disk wasnt reading right ( I had just bought the CD before comming to the dealership..and it was playing fine then) when i checked the disk tray the tray was missing two disks. And of course my new CD was gone. I turned around and went back the service department and complained and I was asked "Are you sure the disk was in there" and "have you looked to see if just fell in the car". At the end the service rep said "sorry but I dont know what to tell you our service tech didnt open your trunk and the person who washed you car said he hadnt seen it.

So I walked out pissed and have not gone back to them for service since.
I usually go to Lexus of westmont.
I am currently disputing with McGrath Westmont about a cracked windshield. I took my car in for an oil change and the rep had told me about the recent recalls and they would give me a loaner for the day. Went back the next day thinking everything was good till i drove out of the bay and saw a huge 7'' crack on my front windshield starting from underneath the wipers going up. I took it back and showed it to them and the service supervisor started getting all defensive saying the crack might have been already there and there is no way this tech could have done that on their 2 mile test drive and when they put it in my car at the car wash the air blowers might have expanded it. But that didn't hold up cuz the car wash guy said, "for what it's worth the crack was there before we put in the car wash." the service guy that took my order looked at the start of the crack and said it was fresh so it had to just have happened. They just gave me the number of the service manager and said he'll take care of it. I called him up and all he said is they're not responisble and to call my insurance. It sucks for me too cuz i'm not those types of guys that start losing it and get mad and start yelling so looks like i"m gonna get screwed on this one and it's going to make me switch dealers for service. Too bad i filled out their service survey with all good marks before i drove my car out.
Old 04-18-09, 06:34 AM
dwoods420
Lead Lap

Hello,
I take my car to Brederman for all its service. I have always liked it.
There has been more then one time Pat and Jeff has gone far beyond what they can and should do for me.
Yes there have been a few times I was not 100% pleased but I have been there alot.
Pat normally tries hard to make the customer happy. Must have just been one of those days for everyone.
And I do not think it is how you look. I look young also and my car looks like a total punks car and they helped me alot.
Old 04-26-09, 10:16 AM
mdk77
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to Bredemann Lexus, Arlington Lexus in Palatine and both are absolutely terrible. Bredemann is close to work for me and convenient but customer service is shameful. First they greet you with an attitude like your wasting their time. Then they bull**** you over some extra service you need (which I usually tell them no).

Arlington Lexus in Palatine, where I bought my Lexus, is no better. The sales people will fleece you every chance they get and the service manager is a ***** (which I then in turn become a ***** right back).

When I had my Acura the best place was McGrath Acura in Morton Grove. Never once had a bad experience.
Old 04-26-09, 10:39 PM
ill roller
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The last time I took my is300 to bredemann for service, I had an array of problems. The old woman at the desk wanted to know why I was bringing my civic in for service at a lexus dealership. My IS may have wheels and a c-west kit, but how can someone who works at a dealership not know their own cars... In addition, I was outside smoking a cigarette, and saw them drive the car off their property for a minute prior to working on the car... Lastly, regardless of the fact that my car was very low, they must have scraped the hell out of the front bumper to the point where it came off on one side, because it had been attatched with a completely different bolt than I had used.

I now go to Mcgrath in chicago, and the only problem I've had is that I have to set up appointments earlier in advance.
Old 04-27-09, 05:48 PM
mdk77
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me, poor service at dealerships is enough for me to change brands. I imagine BMW, Mercedes, and Audi dealerships all have their share of issues but regardless the Lexus dealerships have pissed me off way too much. I am sure that the managers of the Lexus dealerships could care less that I will not be buying a new Lexus from them in the future.

In today's market, I am surprised these places aren't going the extra mile to service their customers.
Old 04-29-09, 09:27 AM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mdk77
I've been to Bredemann Lexus, Arlington Lexus in Palatine and both are absolutely terrible. Bredemann is close to work for me and convenient but customer service is shameful. First they greet you with an attitude like your wasting their time. Then they bull**** you over some extra service you need (which I usually tell them no).
Thank you! my thoughts exactly!
Old 04-29-09, 09:52 AM
2000LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Ill have to dissagree Arlington Lexus has been more than helpful and nice everytime i go in there, which is alot cuz i like getting free washes on the rx.
woodfield now has all the probs.
Old 04-29-09, 05:42 PM
Kits73
Rookie

Ed Vale from Woodfield Lexus is cool.
Old 05-06-09, 08:04 PM
akuma138
Driver School Candidate

I just bought my gs from there and i'm full sleeved tattooed and so was my friend that went with me and they were nice to us . I haven't delt with the service department yet
Old 05-06-09, 09:05 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

sales was super nice to me too....but the sales dept and the service dept are two completely different animals...