Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

I hate Randall Road...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-09, 12:59 PM
kf678
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I hate Randall Road...

So Wednesday morning about 5:30 I hit major pot hole on Randall Road just south of Rt. 72 going about 50 mph, needless to say I bent my rim So now my car is at a toyota dealer (since Woodfield couldn't fit me in until Saturday) and they are trying to track down a rim. I looked it up at Sewell and it says it $530 for a stock rim. Is that right? Anyone have any idea where I can get another rim or about how much one would cost? I am planning to put my is250 on leasetrade or swapalease within the next couple of months, so I am not looking to upgrade all of my rims. I attached a picture of what my rims look like (it's a picture from last year).

Also, does anyone know if Kane County offers a pothole damage reimbursement program like IDOT? I didn't see anything on their site, but I thought I would ask if anyone else has had any experience with this.

Old 01-02-09, 01:36 PM
Gaugster
Advanced

Man, I am sorry to here that. I know that Randal Road if full of potholes right now. But so are a lot of other streets. I don't think you can get money from the county or state for winter road damage. It just way beyond there control to maintain the streets to that level.

Factory rims are always way over priced but it might be worth checking with your own insurance since it looks like it is going to cost a bundle. Just make sure that it won't effect your premium.
Old 01-02-09, 02:26 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeap...Randall sucks...Im on it all the time now.
Old 01-02-09, 03:02 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Ya, that's what happened when you drive in my hood. They were repairing the pot holes this morning. I live like few blocks away from that intersection.
Old 01-02-09, 03:44 PM
goelise
Pole Position

a lot of roads in the area look pretty bad - potholes are coming up this time of year since you have this rapid change in temperatures. Yep - some of them will cause major suspension damage if you get caught by one just right.
Old 01-02-09, 03:55 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I posted many threads on my pothole damage like yours on the 2gen section. Then I recently posted my check info in the Chicago thread from IDOT after they initially denied my claim and I called them back to let them know they will be paying. it happened in March 2008 and I got the check in December. Fill out a police report, take pictures of the scene and car, provide a receipt for repairs, and submit.
Old 01-02-09, 04:42 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

its bad every where. I havent been down Randall in years but that is where my rental condo is at. glad I dont have to deal with the traffic on Randall...UGH does Randall suck now or what. I can recall ~ 7 years ago you could fly down Randall from St Charles to W. Dundee in 15 min or less
Old 01-02-09, 06:09 PM
kf678
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Brian231
I posted many threads on my pothole damage like yours on the 2gen section. Then I recently posted my check info in the Chicago thread from IDOT after they initially denied my claim and I called them back to let them know they will be paying. it happened in March 2008 and I got the check in December. Fill out a police report, take pictures of the scene and car, provide a receipt for repairs, and submit.
Brian, reading your threads about your damage and reimbursement through IDOT made me think of seeing if Kane county did something like this too. I guess I will have to call the county on Monday to see if there is a claim process since Randall is a county maintained road and not one maintained by IDOT. I will jump through some hoops if there is chance to get some or all of my money back from this...
Old 01-02-09, 06:14 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ For what I pay in Property Taxes to Kane County!! make sure they buy you 2 rims At least I know my money is going towards something good then
Old 01-02-09, 06:28 PM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

I have hit so many potholes this last week, a really huge one on 53 that made me spill my soda, but the GS has never had a bent wheel or busted tire.....yet (knocking on wood)
Old 01-02-09, 08:15 PM
goelise
Pole Position

I don't fear potholes too much with my SUV but with the Elise I am always looking far ahead. Some of those babies will swallow the whole car!
Old 01-03-09, 09:38 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I saw a thread a guy selling a set of four rims for like $400 in the wheel thread, or if you want new oem pm me I work for a dealer.
Old 01-03-09, 01:38 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kf678
Brian, reading your threads about your damage and reimbursement through IDOT made me think of seeing if Kane county did something like this too. I guess I will have to call the county on Monday to see if there is a claim process since Randall is a county maintained road and not one maintained by IDOT. I will jump through some hoops if there is chance to get some or all of my money back from this...
Go ahead and PM me if you have any issues/questions regarding your claim.
Old 01-04-09, 04:24 AM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

If you guys want to talk about pot holes, try driving the 4 hour commmute to my fiancee's (round trip) in the fog last week we had, with potholes in all lanes going 65mph... I'm lucky my car and myself survived, and it will only get worse sadly.. I really hope the damn temperatures just stay in this weird 'high' we are having, or just freakin' drop already. My car and her new tires don't like it one bit!
Old 01-04-09, 08:13 AM
nn432100
Lead Lap

Ive replaced two rims since Ive had my car. One due to pothole damage that the insurance took care of and one due to this curb. I swear that curb came out of nowhere . I got a replacement rim from wheels america for half price. If Im correct your rim is going for 219.

http://wheelsamerica.com/

Quick Reply: I hate Randall Road...