Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Elmhurst Toyota Scion Car Show Sunday August 24th 2008

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-08, 09:53 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Elmhurst Toyota Scion Car Show Sunday August 24th 2008

As the title states , Sunday August 24th 2008 Our 7th annual car show.

Roll in after 10am - Roll out at 5pm. Cust off for Judging is 1pm.

This IS a NCCA judged show event. We hired the NCCA crew to handle this for us.

Entry Fee with shirt and food/drink tickets same as last year @ 20 bucks.

More info to follow soon.......

630.279.2265 parts direct
630.835.0122 parts fax

eparts@elmhursttoyota.com

My weekly hours are 4:30am-4:30pm M-F CENTRAL STANDARD TIME

You can call me or use e-mail. If you use e-mail I need your name,address,phone number and CCinfo and items requested.
This is the meet! We should all plan on attending!
Old 06-17-08, 10:09 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

ill be there for sure along with my buddy and his white mr2.
Old 06-18-08, 05:10 AM
SickSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll probabley be there.... Chris you showing??

Hope to see alot more Lexus at the show this yr.
Old 06-18-08, 05:22 AM
goelise
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to go there with my old skool RWD Celica. I might decide to go there this year with my 'new' car.
Old 06-18-08, 05:31 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally Posted by goelise
I used to go there with my old skool RWD Celica. I might decide to go there this year with my 'new' car.
Are you MR. Manalo by any chance?
Old 06-18-08, 05:32 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally Posted by SickSC3
I'll probabley be there.... Chris you showing??

Hope to see alot more Lexus at the show this yr.
Yep. That's the plan.
Old 06-18-08, 06:07 AM
goelise
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
Are you MR. Manalo by any chance?
Yes I am!

how did you know?

Last edited by goelise; 06-18-08 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-18-08, 06:49 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well my car will no longer be.....so I will have to go with someone else this is a good turn out. I havent been in like 10yrs.

Brian are your Supra guys going to this??
Old 06-18-08, 06:54 AM
Jay-Spec
Driver

sound like it will be fun
Old 06-18-08, 07:14 AM
DIrEctQL

Yes I am!

how did you know?
You are the subject of our lunch-time (Abbott folk) conversations sometimes. So you got the Elise huh? How is it?
Old 06-18-08, 07:59 AM
goelise
Pole Position

You are the subject of our lunch-time (Abbott folk) conversations sometimes. So you got the Elise huh? How is it?
uh oh! Don't believe anything my wife says about me.

Yes, I have an Elise, i bought it back in 2006.
I sold my old car, it was getting very hard to find parts for it. A fellow classic-celica forum member whose been wanting to buy it for years made me a good offer so I sold it to him, its in good hands. I took the money from the sale and shopped around. I test drove lots of cars - WRX Sti, Evo, 350Z, S2000 but after test diving the Elise thats all it took.

Its very light and the handling is what I was after. Its been great, its got its rattles here and there, but nothing that couldn't be solved with better fasteners and tweaking things. I plan to track it sometime. I miss wheel-to-wheel roadracing which is what i did a lot of with my old car. For now the experience and keeping the skills sharp can be had at Chicago Indoor Racing.

I haven't been to the Elmhurst car show in years, i might check it out this year - not sure yet.

Is your name Chris? I remember seeing pics my wife sent me - you were holding your turbocharger right? I do not recall meeting you at the Elmhurst car show when I had my Celica there. Did we meet?

Last edited by goelise; 06-18-08 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-18-08, 08:10 AM
DIrEctQL

uh oh! Don't believe anything my wife says about me.

Yes, I have an Elise, i bought it back in 2006.
I sold my old car, it was getting very hard to find parts for it. A fellow classic-celica forum member whose been wanting to buy it for years made me a good offer so I sold it to him, its in good hands. I took the money from the sale and shopped around. I test drove lots of cars - WRX Sti, Evo, 350Z, S2000 but after test diving the Elise thats all it took.

Its very light and the handling is what I was after. Its been great, its got its rattles here and there, but nothing that couldn't be solved with better fasteners and tweaking things here and there. I plan to track it sometime. I miss wheel-to-wheel roadracing which is what i did a lot of with my old car. For now the experience and keeping the skills sharp can be had at Chicago Indoor Racing.

I haven't been to the Elmhurst car show in years, i might check it out this year - not sure yet.

Is your name Chris? I remember seeing pics my wife sent me - you were holding your turbocharger right? I do not recall meeting you at the Elmhurst car show when I had my Celica there. Did we meet?
Yep, that's me. No, we didn't meet. I just remember your car. You should go to Elmhurst. Isn't your car Toyota powered?

Chris
Old 06-18-08, 08:25 AM
goelise
Pole Position

Cool

Yep, that's me. No, we didn't meet. I just remember your car. You should go to Elmhurst. Isn't your car Toyota powered?

Chris
Nice to meet you Chris.

Thats funny, this is not the first time where I have met someone through them knowing about the car and not through meeting me. lol!

Its a fun show for sure but it all depends - if I see the schedule is open to kart race that day I'll probably be kart racing instead of attending the show. I'm starting to get involved in outdoor 2 stroke karts so this might take up my days. These will pull 3 Gs in the turns.

Yes, all Elises that are imported into the USA have ditched their anemic Rover engines. Lotus would not be able to import the cars into the USA with the Rover powerplants since Rover engines do not pass emissions testing. Lotus uses the 2ZZGE engines with the toyota 6 speed manual trans sourced from the Celica GTS. Lotus likes to give 'Type #' designations depending on the powerplant and suspension setups - the USA Elise with Toyota powerplant/trans is designated the Type 111R.

I'll see about the show, i would love to make it out there.

On the side - it would be fun to get a group out to Chicago Indoor Racing. Definitely a blast everytime I go.
Old 06-18-08, 08:28 AM
DIrEctQL

Nice to meet you Chris.

Thats funny, this is not the first time where I have met someone through them knowing about the car and not through meeting me. lol!

Its a fun show for sure but it all depends - if I see the schedule is open to kart race that day I'll probably be kart racing instead of attending the show. I'm starting to get involved in outdoor 2 stroke karts so this might take up my days. These will pull 3 Gs in the turns.

Yes, all Elises that are imported into the USA have ditched their anemic Rover engines. Lotus would not be able to import the cars into the USA with the Rover powerplants since Rover engines do not pass emissions testing. Lotus uses the 2ZZGE engines with the toyota 6 speed manual trans sourced from the Celica GTS. Lotus likes to give 'Type #' designations depending on the powerplant and suspension setups - the USA Elise with Toyota powerplant/trans is designated the Type 111R.

I'll see about the show, i would love to make it out there.

On the side - it would be fun to get a group out to Chicago Indoor Racing. Definitely a blast everytime I go.
We have a thread going about the next meet ideas where this was discussed. I'm up for it.
Old 06-18-08, 09:55 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: Elmhurst Toyota Scion Car Show Sunday August 24th 2008