Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Body Shop Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-07, 12:22 PM
dbltakegs3
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cHiTwNGS43 ur the man always looking out for us.
well i wanna mono town my ls400, when im ready ill pm u for info.
when we gonna go bike riding its getting nice out.
Old 05-11-07, 03:26 PM
Dble Agent
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Shop Recomendation

Please PM me his number as well!!
Old 05-27-07, 09:53 PM
MarciaB
Driver School Candidate

As a collision repair shop owner, whose shop specializes in Lexus and Toyotas, I just have to put my 2cents in regards to this thread.

I’m glad you found someone who could paint your bumper and color match for $150.00, but I truly would be concerned about them not having a paint booth. It’s probably not legal if they are painting indoors, and if it is, it certainly is NOT in the best interest of their employees. You all might be saving a few $$$, because they have a low overhead, but this is at their employee’s (and owners) health expense.

If they are in Naperville, I’m sure the city wouldn’t let them open without a booth. It took us over a year to open our Naperville shop going through the city rules and regulations WITH all the proper equipment.

Reputable shops make investments in equipment to properly repair cars, i.e. downdraft paint booths, prep stations, computerized frame machines, etc. Since we are referred to by Lexus and Toyota dealerships, and do work for the Lexus/Toyota port of entry, we have also sent many technicians out of state to be trained at the Lexus/Toyota training centers in Torrance CA & Caldwell NJ.

Granted painting a bumper is just painting a bumper… but if you were in an accident would this shop have the equipment and trained technicians to safely repair your vehicle to Lexus standards?

Marcia Boyce
Boyce Body Werks, Inc
Batavia/Naperville
Old 05-28-07, 02:21 PM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MarciaB
As a collision repair shop owner, whose shop specializes in Lexus and Toyotas, I just have to put my 2cents in regards to this thread.

I’m glad you found someone who could paint your bumper and color match for $150.00, but I truly would be concerned about them not having a paint booth. It’s probably not legal if they are painting indoors, and if it is, it certainly is NOT in the best interest of their employees. You all might be saving a few $$$, because they have a low overhead, but this is at their employee’s (and owners) health expense.

If they are in Naperville, I’m sure the city wouldn’t let them open without a booth. It took us over a year to open our Naperville shop going through the city rules and regulations WITH all the proper equipment.

Reputable shops make investments in equipment to properly repair cars, i.e. downdraft paint booths, prep stations, computerized frame machines, etc. Since we are referred to by Lexus and Toyota dealerships, and do work for the Lexus/Toyota port of entry, we have also sent many technicians out of state to be trained at the Lexus/Toyota training centers in Torrance CA & Caldwell NJ.

Granted painting a bumper is just painting a bumper… but if you were in an accident would this shop have the equipment and trained technicians to safely repair your vehicle to Lexus standards?

Marcia Boyce
Boyce Body Werks, Inc
Batavia/Naperville
Marcia,

I appreciate your concern and respectful choice of words. Although I could have been mistaken about the paint booth situation due to insight you have provided, I know for a fact that major collision repair (ie. frame alingment machines) is not a service of this small business. I have had work done through your establishment after porter at Lexus of Naperville damaged my car in the car wash; I must say you did an excellent job and I appreciated the quality of work. This thread was meant to help a young entrepreneur out; I'm sure you have been there. I guarantee that if any of my vehicles are damaged in a "major" collision you will be first on my list to call. Please accept my apologies if you thought this was a threat to your business, it was not meant to do so.

To Your Greater Success,

-Steve

Last edited by cHiTwNGS43; 05-28-07 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-29-07, 07:16 PM
MarciaB
Driver School Candidate

Steve,

Thanks for your reply and glad to hear you also had a positive experience at our shop.

I certainly don’t see this new shop as being a “threat” to us, but we have spent the last 20+ years investing in our business to be the best collision shop available, and we have established a long track record of quality and customer satisfaction with our Lexus and Toyota customers. I do personally take pride in that, and don’t want to lose any of them, even for small jobs~

While we can not paint a bumper for that amount quoted, we are always fair and competitive in prices and do guarantee all our work for the life of the car. But I do understand sometimes that isn't enough.

Good luck to the new guys.. it’s not an easy business!

And BTW, I’m also a long long time GS owner.. I’m on my 5th since my first in 1993. MB.
Old 06-01-07, 10:40 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Thanks Steve
Old 06-19-07, 08:39 AM
dbltakegs3
Lead Lap

Default Paint

Steve you got PM
need your help
my bike got stolen = found damange = needs fix now
Old 06-19-07, 07:03 PM
lexchi
Rookie

So steve.... how much can you paint a bumper for? =)
Old 07-28-07, 02:35 PM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Peter came to the rescue again. Some of you may know my car was shot by a bb last year as you can see in the first pic....rear passenger quarter fender. Peter just aquired a new shop right down the street from his old shop; I dropped it off there Tuesday

Before:
Attached Thumbnails Body Shop Recommendation-bbvslexi.jpg  
Old 07-28-07, 02:37 PM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Again I couldn't have been happier with the results when I picked it up today. Everything looked perfect....

After:
Attached Thumbnails Body Shop Recommendation-bbvslexi_after.jpg  
Old 07-28-07, 02:38 PM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

After:
Attached Thumbnails Body Shop Recommendation-bbvslexi_after2.jpg  
Old 07-29-07, 10:14 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion