Schaumburg: Factory 5 Motoring/NASA Meet and Greet - 02/24

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-07, 08:44 PM
Wai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schaumburg: Factory 5 Motoring/NASA Meet and Greet - 02/24

Hi guys,
NASA is a pretty big racing club that started coming to the Midwest couple years ago. I got the below info about the "Welcome to NASA" meet and see if there's anyone here is interested in attending.

For those of you who are interested in getting into track driving, check out the link in my sig. No race car required, just your everyday car is fine. It's totally newbie friendly and with instructor riding along.

------------------------
What: To kick off the 2007 Midwest NASA season, certified NASA tech center Factory 5 Motoring in Schaumburg, along with NASA and PIC Performance are holding a Spring Meet and Greet to introduce local IL people to the NASA Pro Racing and HPDE program. The Meet and Greet will give people an opportunity to get a better understanding of what NASA's racing programs are about, including the HPDE, Time Trial, and wheel-to-wheel Pro Racing series.

Seasoned Honda Challenge and HPDE veterans will be present alongside in-car footage from the race track, first-hand experiences and their own purpose-built race cars. NASA officials will also be on hand to answer any and all questions related to NASA and it's racing programs.

Complimentary breakfast will be provided courtesy of Factory 5 and PIC Performance, and everyone is welcome to take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about what their cars can really do at the race-track, and see what NASA is all about.

Where: Factory 5 Motoring
Directions
1034 Morse Ave.
Schaumburg, IL 60193

When: Begins 10am Saturday, February 24th, 2007. Stay as long as you like!

Who: Everyone and anyone who has ever wanted to take their cars to the track and see what it is really capable of doing in a safe, controlled environment is welcome to attend. This event is not limited to any particular makes or models, as the Meet and Greeet will cover all aspects of NASA's racing programs, and with NASA, there is a class for any car, and any driver, no matter what you are looking to do.

This Spring Meet and Greet is open to all, and free of charge, and will run until the last person leaves. You will be able to speak directly to the NASA Regional Director Dave Royce in person, talk to other racers in the region, see just how close you are to some of the best tracks in the country, even sign up for membership on the spot and possibly take advantage of some discounted track-time. Any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Old 02-03-07, 11:09 AM
FinanceGuy
Driver

I'll actually be in town that weekend visiting a friend of mine in Schaumburg. I'll try to make it by there for a while!
Old 02-03-07, 12:48 PM
Wai
Pole Position

Sounds good.

It's free and with free breakfast too. If you are in the area, come on by.
Old 02-03-07, 06:29 PM
Lupin5
Driver

I'll probably be there and check it out. The Factory 5 guys our good friends of mine. Should be a good turn out if it's not to COLD!
Old 02-03-07, 11:45 PM
FinanceGuy
Driver

I wonder if any other 2IS owners plan to be there...
Old 02-04-07, 12:35 PM
Wai
Pole Position

There would be all kinds of makes there, and the main focus would be a presentation by NASA to show what it takes to get on drive on a real race track with your street car (which doesn't take much).

They held a similar event last year at VFC Engineering in Chicago. That shop is specialized in VW, Audi, Porsche, etc. and I had a lot of fun.
Old 02-04-07, 08:03 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-08-07, 05:05 PM
Wai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Come one, come all. The more the merrier!!
Old 02-09-07, 07:35 AM
CopperShot
Driver

I should be able to make this.

-Adrian
Old 02-13-07, 05:18 PM
Wai
Pole Position

Coming up next weekend...! Hope all the snow would be gone by then.

Just some add'l info: The main focus of this meet is to get the words out about NASA Midwest (www.nasamidwest.com). They are still new in the area, and want to let people know that they are not catered to racers only. HPDEs are also their main focus. They also have the ability to get weekend dates on very hard to book tracks like Road America, Mid Ohio and Putnam.

They will have a brief presentation to let people know how to get into this sport, and let them know that they don't have to be a racer (or have a full prepped race car) to get on the track and have good time. Also, for those who already got advanced track experience, their Group 4 and Time Trial program offer open passing. It really makes a whole different experience, and also the wheel-to-wheel race groups that you can check out while you rest between your sessions.

And since all makes and models are welcome, there would be some nice rides to check out if the brief presentation really bores you.
Old 02-20-07, 06:30 AM
Wai
Pole Position

Just a reminder, it's this Saturday.
It's good that the temperature finally picked up, hopefully most of the snow would be gone by then.

Driving on a real race track in your daily driven car is so much fun. If you want to get your feet wet, come on out!
Old 02-26-07, 01:06 PM
Wai
Pole Position

The meeting was great. Saw Bob and Chris there and was able to chat with them for a little bit. A very good turnout and they pretty much ran out of room.
Old 02-28-07, 12:16 PM
Wai
Pole Position

Got some pics posted here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=262686
Old 02-28-07, 12:35 PM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I remember going to factory 5 at like 3 am because my friends Russ and Justin were bored. They stayed so long I ended up falling asleep in Justin's supra lol.
Old 03-01-07, 09:28 AM
Wai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DryBlaze
Man, I remember going to factory 5 at like 3 am because my friends Russ and Justin were bored. They stayed so long I ended up falling asleep in Justin's supra lol.
Seems like they're still doing it haha. Mikey told me that they were there until like 2am the night before the meet.

Quick Reply: Schaumburg: Factory 5 Motoring/NASA Meet and Greet - 02/24