Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Sienna picked by Motor Trend as best van, calls it a Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-03, 08:30 PM
LexFather

Default Toyota Sienna picked by Motor Trend as best van, calls it a Lexus

I agree, I checked em out and it embarreses the new Nissan Quest and beats the Honda Odyessy who was the champ. I could not believe the inteiror of the Sienna and fit and finish, perfect. And it has better fuel economy and is just as fast as the other 2 vans.

Toyota is putting on a show...

Old 10-06-03, 11:20 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's true about the sienna being like a lexus. I sell toyotas and we can't keep those siennas on the lot for nothing. Those things sell like hot cakes on the way to going cold. The sienna has alot of the same tricks as the RX330. The rear tailgate is power, the navigation system turns into a rearview camera, same 3.3 V6 engine, and lexus like quality build. You couldn't ask for more in a mini-van, space, SUV like, low price, every possible safety feature, and toyota's badge.
Old 10-07-03, 02:37 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this on Motor Trend television, the Sienna's interior is spectacular for a mini-van
Old 10-07-03, 06:15 AM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree. I'm more of a luxury sedan and sports coupe kinda guy but when I went van shopping with my uncle, I couldnt believe the new sienna. I mean the first time I saw it was when it first came out and this was without all the goodies. I mean those power doors with the huuuge windows that roll down and the navigation. You can ask for much more but they added more anyways. A rearview camera, laser cruise control and HIDs. These are all features you'd expect from a Lexus van. I dont think they owuld have any problems putting a L on the front and back and switching out the toyota to lexus. This thing is top notch quality and the features are endless. I saw this thing and was in love. Oh and of course the limited package can come with the AWD model as well. This thing is not short of incredible. Everytime I went to dealership to look at one they only had about 1 one and the models they had coming in were already sold as well. If they had one in stock it was a LE model and once a base XLE model. They cant keep these things on the lot. Honda could never touch the sienna and the quest is a joke. I seriously think its ugly as hell and the interior is sooo akward. The 4 sunroof thing is kinda cool but you cant outsell the sienna with just that. It might ahve 10 more HP too but who the hell cares about that. I doubt anyone will be out racing these things. The sienna is way ahead of its time and desires a lot more attention then what its getting.