Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2020 Lexus RX and Lexus GX First Drive Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-19, 05:37 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
both the LX and GX, in traditional form, are still on sale.
On sale and outselling LS, GS and LC combined
Old 09-05-19, 08:23 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
GX is a great body on frame model from Lexus. You can’t go wrong.
Didnt know greatness had limits? Its an excellent icon, but even the corporate cousin (4runner) is outshining the GX with interior tech like CP/AA.

Heck, they could sell this thing close to sticker versus piling on incentives like they currently are with the GX. Instead we get the lack luster MY20.
Old 09-06-19, 07:26 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Didnt know greatness had limits? Its an excellent icon, but even the corporate cousin (4runner) is outshining the GX with interior tech like CP/AA.

Heck, they could sell this thing close to sticker versus piling on incentives like they currently are with the GX. Instead we get the lack luster MY20.
I'm not sure a better infotainment system would entice buyers to pay close to sticker for the vehicle. I know I wouldn't. I am a little disappointed with the MY20 update as well but that seems to be par for course for Lexus right now with their development focus on full electric.
Old 09-06-19, 08:38 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by situman;10606255[b
]I'm not sure a better infotainment system would entice buyers to pay close to sticker for the vehicle[/b]. I know I wouldn't. I am a little disappointed with the MY20 update as well but that seems to be par for course for Lexus right now with their development focus on full electric.
The alternate of course is now, where dealerships will act as though this MY20 is a complete redesign of the vehicle, so no incentives. Again, infotainment is one aspect of the changes that would have been nice. I could care less for a redesigned exterior, a thing I only see when I walk upto to it every morning. Interiors are where I and others spend most of our time.
Old 09-09-19, 04:46 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Very happy with the RX refresh!
Old 09-14-19, 05:56 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Sat in the new 2020 the other day. It was a hybrid model made in North America.

Good job that they added touch screen to the RX, but it still does not work as great as the screen is still too far back and then there is the ledge in front of the screen that makes using the screen awkward. Anyways, for some reason, the build quality kinda seems better than in the past. But maybe this is a just perception. Front end looks pretty good and better than in the pics.

Old 09-14-19, 08:17 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Sat in the new 2020 the other day. It was a hybrid model made in North America.

Good job that they added touch screen to the RX, but it still does not work as great as the screen is still too far back and then there is the ledge in front of the screen that makes using the screen awkward. Anyways, for some reason, the build quality kinda seems better than in the past. But maybe this is a just perception. Front end looks pretty good and better than in the pics.

Thats as close as they`d get with the K platform this rides on. The interior probably was not designed to accommodate a touchscreen from the get.