Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota/Lexus model with a climate control button the steering wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-19, 10:32 AM
riredale
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Wait a sec. Isn't climate control one of those things you turn on and then forget about? In my case, I go for days without interacting with it, and I never fuss with changing fan speeds and outlet controls, I just leave it on automatic. So I am not sure I would regard a steering wheel button to be an advancement.
Old 07-21-19, 10:43 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by riredale
Wait a sec. Isn't climate control one of those things you turn on and then forget about? In my case, I go for days without interacting with it, and I never fuss with changing fan speeds and outlet controls, I just leave it on automatic. So I am not sure I would regard a steering wheel button to be an advancement.
I guess it is just the small detail from the past that is interesting. I don’t think any modern model has it in this day and age.
Old 07-21-19, 12:03 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by riredale
We’ve had discussions on this before... seems people fall into two camps... love climate control (set and forget mostly), and hate climate control (want to tinker constantly with temp, fan speed, which vents, recirc, etc., etc.)

i had the temp buttons on my explorer steering wheel and could count on one hand how often i used them in 8 years.
Old 07-21-19, 12:47 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
We’ve had discussions on this before... seems people fall into two camps... love climate control (set and forget mostly), and hate climate control (want to tinker constantly with temp, fan speed, which vents, recirc, etc., etc.)

i had the temp buttons on my explorer steering wheel and could count on one hand how often i used them in 8 years.
Many drivers today don't use the controls at all, wherever they are located.....they're too busy with their cell-phones LOL.