Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Motors Vehicles Now Let You Order Domino's Pizza from the Dash

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-19, 05:56 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Well, with the Domino's carry out "insurance", it's no problem. They'll just give you a new pizza.
They won't give you a whole new set of teeth when the airbag knocks them out.
Old 06-24-19, 09:09 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I forgot all about those apps. I just checked and I do have them. However, I will probably never use them. There is no Domino's within delivery range. There are also Dunkin Donuts, Applebee's and more.

The apps I would use are the Wall Street Journal and NPR but you need a wifi data plan at $40/month. That an't happening anytime soon.

To Mike, I really recommend you install the Buick app, It's free! It will allow you to remote access the key fob and lock your car, Remote start the engine and start emergency flash lights. It also shows what range you have, look up location of the car, tire pressure and others.
Old 06-24-19, 09:39 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I forgot all about those apps. I just checked and I do have them. However, I will probably never use them. There is no Domino's within delivery range. There are also Dunkin Donuts, Applebee's and more.

The apps I would use are the Wall Street Journal and NPR but you need a wifi data plan at $40/month. That an't happening anytime soon.

To Mike, I really recommend you install the Buick app, It's free! It will allow you to remote access the key fob and lock your car, Remote start the engine and start emergency flash lights. It also shows what range you have, look up location of the car, tire pressure and others.
Thanks for the pics. This is what I was referring to earlier. Some great features they have.
Old 06-24-19, 12:17 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

They should do this but with a good pizza joint.
Old 06-24-19, 12:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

To Mike, I really recommend you install the Buick app, It's free!

Thanks. I get that regularly from On-Star as it is.
Old 06-24-19, 03:01 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall

You do a lot of review. You have a lot of opinions. You make a lot of recommendations. It would be interesting to see your view on this technology, for the reason I just laid out. And it would be interesting to see your views as you are a very big fan of GM and Buick.....
Old 06-24-19, 04:36 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
You do a lot of review. You have a lot of opinions. You make a lot of recommendations. It would be interesting to see your view on this technology, for the reason I just laid out. And it would be interesting to see your views as you are a very big fan of GM and Buick.....
First, I've already stated my views of it..for my general type of lifestyle and driving habits, it's not really necessary. Second, for a number of reasons, I generally don't clutter up my cell-phone with a bunch of apps.....I just keep the ones I use regularly, like a calculator, E-Mail, Texting, camera/photos, and phone-messages....and occasional Safari. Third, I rarely use the phone for anything else.....one reason why I didn't spend the extra money for an I-Phone 8.

Like you, in fact, I have highly variable views of GM. First, I'm not simply one of their knee-jerk fanboys, though I do like a majority of their products. Don't forget, it took an Opel-based product (the Verano) to get me to come back to the nameplate after decades of Japanese-brands (and a couple of Saturns)....I had not owned a Buick since college in the 1970s. (you and I had numerous disagreements about whether the Verano came more from the Opel Astra or the Chevy Cruze, but the basic platform and interior was clearly Opel). Second, I'm not blind to the fact that GM has ripped off a lot of customers through the years (so did Chrysler, but that's a different story). Our own Condo Board President is fed up with them (her GMC Terrain was a big headache...she just traded it for a new 2019 Explorer). And, IMO, Marry Barra, after several years of excellent leadership at the corporation, is now not only ripping off those who like traditional GM sedans but also throwing many thousands of Americans and Canadians out of work....though I'll also wait and see how the Cadillac CT4 and CT5 sedans turn out. Both are on my test-drive list, if not an actual review.

Oh, and, BTW, on the subject of app-pizzas, after the morning swim, I took an app-less lunch home from Pizza-Hut today. I'm still strong enough to get out of my car, walk into the shop, ring it up on a credit card (I use the card for almost everything that doesn't actually cost me a fee for using it, since I get from 1-3% cash back), walk back out to the car, and drive home. Even with an arthritis-weak left knee (which is still good enough for at least some activity without a replacement), the exercise comes in handy. Pizza Hut, I'll admit, doesn't do the best toppings (and I don't eat it that often any more) but I like the thin, super-crispy crust.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-24-19 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-24-19, 04:37 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

First, I've already stated my views of it..for my general type of lifestyle and driving habits, it's not really necessary. Second, for a number of reasons, I generally don't clutter up my cell-phone with a bunch of apps.....I just keep the ones I use regularly, like a calculator, E-Mail, Texting, camera/photos, and phone-messages....and occasional Safari. Third, I rarely use the phone for anything else.....one reason why I didn't spend the extra money for an I-Phone 8.
Disappointing to hear...but OK.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 06-24-19 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-24-19, 04:45 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Disappointing to hear...but OK.

Why is it disappointing? It may not fit your lifestyle, but it fits mine. Though I DO use computers and the Internet for many things, I am not a classic Techno-Freak, and prefer to do some things the old-school way.
Old 06-24-19, 04:48 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Why is it disappointing? It may not fit your lifestyle, but it fits mine. Though I DO use computers and the Internet for many things, I am not a classic Techno-Freak, and prefer to do some things the old-school way.
Its disappointing to hear in that there are some (me at least) looking to hear your opinion on something that only you (a few others maybe) could provide. That’s all. It would be interesting to hear your view on Apple Car Play, and then to reference that compared to that of my own with Toyota. But it’s all good. 👍. But I cannot review or comment on the GM app
Old 06-24-19, 04:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Its disappointing to hear in that there are some (me at least) looking to hear your opinion on something that only you (a few others maybe) could provide.
OK......Now, I can understand it from your viewpoint. I'll consider that a review-request.
Old 06-24-19, 05:07 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

OK......Now, I can understand it from your viewpoint. I'll consider that a review-request.
Awesome. 👍. Great to hear you considering it. It will be interesting to hear your opinion either good or bad. Over even neutral.
Old 06-25-19, 11:10 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

You don't seem to understand. I'm not talking about ordering a pizza or connecting to Onstar. What i suggested is a free app to put on your phone that remotely connects to your Buick. I admit I don't use it much but it's nice to have. Sometimes I wonder if I locked my car, with this app I can connect from anywhere and lock the car! Open your mind and stop being such a fuddy duddy. I have a friend that even is worse than you, he won't even use emails.
Old 06-25-19, 02:00 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

You don't seem to understand. I'm not talking about ordering a pizza or connecting to Onstar. What i suggested is a free app to put on your phone that remotely connects to your Buick. I admit I don't use it much but it's nice to have. Sometimes I wonder if I locked my car, with this app I can connect from anywhere and lock the car!
I am aware of what you are suggesting. I don't think we need to keep arguing about it.

Open your mind and stop being such a fuddy duddy. I have a friend that even is worse than you, he won't even use emails.
Well, Excuse Me, but I've done pretty darn well in life for someone you think is so stubborn. We don't all have to be George Jetson. And, yes, I've been using computers and E-Mail for the last 20 years...I am no stranger to them.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-25-19 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-25-19, 04:42 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Open your mind and stop being such a fuddy duddy. I have a friend that even is worse than you, he won't even use emails.
Well that approach is not the best.

Quick Reply: General Motors Vehicles Now Let You Order Domino's Pizza from the Dash