Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2020 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V

Old 05-31-19, 08:26 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
great space usage too, really nice materials and stitching, and bmw shifter
Not quite. That's the same shifter I have in my Lacrosse. Similar in concept to the BMW design, but sharply different in its operation. Reverse, for example, is up and to the left, in an L-shaped move. Going from D to M, you bump the lever back, and then bump the lever back again to go back into D....a very awkward move that takes some time to get used to.
Old 05-31-19, 09:14 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
CT4-V 320 hp and 369 ft-lbs
CT5-V 355 hp and 400 ft-lbs

ATS-V 464 hp and 445 ft-lbs
CTS-V 640 hp and 630 ft-lbs

The CT5-V only makes 35 more horsepower than the CT4-V
Sometimes you wonder how the ppl that make these decisions get their jobs.
I mean this is just stupidity not to mention the whole Model name change of ATS/CTS to CT4/CT5.
V / Vsport is now totally obsolete branding.

Cadillac has some of the worse marketing strategies i have ever seen......
Old 05-31-19, 10:56 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Sometimes you wonder how the ppl that make these decisions get their jobs.
I mean this is just stupidity not to mention the whole Model name change of ATS/CTS to CT4/CT5.
V / Vsport is now totally obsolete branding.

Cadillac has some of the worse marketing strategies i have ever seen......
Agreed. Completely asinine. These new “V’s” don’t even match what the old V-Sport’s were

The CTS-V and ATS-V powertrains were one of the few legitimate bright spots for Cadillac when compared against the Germans.

Way to bend over Cadillac...
Old 05-31-19, 11:04 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes, I also echo these thoughts. Why spend all that money building the V brand only to toss out the investment by changing the meaning of the brand? I guess this also applies to the CT4 and CT5 thing. My guess is that this is a direct result of decisions made by that guy who took over for Cadillac that also ruined the naming scheme at Infiniti?
Old 05-31-19, 11:17 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jwong77
Yes, I also echo these thoughts. Why spend all that money building the V brand only to toss out the investment by changing the meaning of the brand? I guess this also applies to the CT4 and CT5 thing. My guess is that this is a direct result of decisions made by that guy who took over for Cadillac that also ruined the naming scheme at Infiniti?
I wouldn't peg it on de Nysschen, he's been gone for a while and these types of branding / sub branding decisions were likely made more recently.
Old 05-31-19, 12:23 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 155 Likes on 91 Posts

In my opinion, the massive horsepower the previous units had was overkill, as well as the price. Bringing things back down to earth, at a more approachable price-point is a wise business move. They need more mainstream sales and day-to-day credibility. Priorities...
Old 05-31-19, 12:32 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 155 Likes on 91 Posts

no idea what you're talking about. i think it looks great, especially how the screen is 'sunken into' the dash, rather than being a monolithic tablet sitting on top.

great space usage too, really nice materials and stitching, and bmw shifter

Let me help you see.
Looking at the top photo, and taking into consideration the angle it was taken (where the driver would be sitting), check the outer edges of everything on the center stack. First, there is the nav screen, which is one width. Then below that, there is a glossy area of something, that extends further beyond the nav. Then below that, there are the air vents, which also do not line up with the piece above. Then below that, we've got another row of buttons that do not line up with the piece above. Then below that, there's another row of buttons that also do not extend out to the same edge. Then below that, an empty space. So from the nav to the bottom empty space, the driver, from the spot he/she sits, will be seeing six different profiles/edges from his/her viewpoint.
Old 05-31-19, 01:51 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Let me help you see.
Looking at the top photo, and taking into consideration the angle it was taken (where the driver would be sitting), check the outer edges of everything on the center stack. First, there is the nav screen, which is one width. Then below that, there is a glossy area of something, that extends further beyond the nav. Then below that, there are the air vents, which also do not line up with the piece above. Then below that, we've got another row of buttons that do not line up with the piece above. Then below that, there's another row of buttons that also do not extend out to the same edge. Then below that, an empty space. So from the nav to the bottom empty space, the driver, from the spot he/she sits, will be seeing six different profiles/edges from his/her viewpoint.
varying widths and heights of 'layers of the cake' is not unusual. look at the lexus ux250 and es350... i like the ux stack. the es stack has the bizarre wedge open space in the middle vertically.

ux

es
Old 05-31-19, 02:20 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

The wheel gap is horrendous- looks like 4x4.
This is supposed to be a “performance” car!

Old 05-31-19, 03:14 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

varying widths and heights of 'layers of the cake' is not unusual. look at the lexus ux250 and es350... i like the ux stack. the es stack has the bizarre wedge open space in the middle vertically.

ux

es
I like the UX better.
Old 05-31-19, 03:18 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
The wheel gap is horrendous- looks like 4x4.
This is supposed to be a “performance” car!
So, what does a wheel gap have to do with performance? It doesn't affect the 0-60 times, handling/skidpad, or braking-distances one bit. What's more, IMO, the gaps can be an asset....it makes it easier to get a hose up inside the wheel-well for cleaning it out.
Old 05-31-19, 03:20 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
So, what does a wheel gap have to do with performance? It doesn't affect the 0-60 times, handling/skidpad, or braking-distances one bit. What's more, IMO, the gaps can be an asset....it makes it easier to get a hose up inside the wheel-well for cleaning it out.
People just want to complain about Cadillac. Maybe there is some envy as they do make competitive cars.
Old 05-31-19, 03:35 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I agree that the wheel gap in the pics detracts from the look of the car. IMO it effects the aesthetics of it. Nothing against Caddy, same with most cars, but it would look better with less wheel gap.
Old 05-31-19, 06:34 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
CT4-V 320 hp and 369 ft-lbs
CT5-V 355 hp and 400 ft-lbs

ATS-V 464 hp and 445 ft-lbs
CTS-V 640 hp and 630 ft-lbs

The CT5-V only makes 35 more horsepower than the CT4-V
I don’t see what the big deal is. The LC500 makes how much more horsepower over the RC-F?
Old 05-31-19, 07:15 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I don’t see what the big deal is.
Neither do I. 400 ft-lbs, IMO, is nothing to complain about.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2020 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V