Notices
Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Lexus drives the Supra

Old 05-13-19, 03:35 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Club Lexus drives the Supra

Jake was a the drive in Virginia, and just posted his drive impressions. Check out his post here!

Old 05-14-19, 08:42 AM
Kense
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can it be trusted after 50,000 miles? That seems to be the BMW threshold when things start falling apart.
Old 05-14-19, 06:56 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Originally Posted by Kense View Post
Can it be trusted after 50,000 miles? That seems to be the BMW threshold when things start falling apart.
It's just my opinion, but I can't imagine it'll have anywhere near Toyota reliability. Even if it's a good car right now, I'd be too nervous to own one out of warranty.
Old 05-15-19, 05:01 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

I really do think they did a hell of a job with the exhaust note. Damn, that sounds great!
Old 05-15-19, 05:12 PM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday View Post
It's just my opinion, but I can't imagine it'll have anywhere near Toyota reliability. Even if it's a good car right now, I'd be too nervous to own one out of warranty.
well your nervousness will bring another very happy buyer to the table of a 3-4 yr old supra.
Old 05-17-19, 06:59 AM
LOWFAST
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kense View Post
Seems to me this concern, and it is 100% valid, could easily be alleviated by Toyota. If they have so much confidence that this car meets Toyota quality and longevity standards put a 100k bumper to bumper warranty on it. Do that and all of a sudden I am not so concerned about the BMW parts and consider this a great option int he small 2 seater sports car arena.
Old 05-17-19, 10:53 AM
Propulsion
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I really don’t understand the point of this exercise by Toyota? Yeah I’m aware of the multitude of financial reasons why building a slow selling performance model from scratch isn’t good for the bottom line, but why did they settle for this Frankenstein’s monster?

This is a Supra in name only

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: