Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What is the point of taking this car out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-19, 07:07 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
Default What is the point of taking this car out?

What is the point of taking this car out? At the expense of all others that use the road. I simply see no reason to use so much force. Just let them go.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/th...se-in-florida/
Old 04-19-19, 07:12 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 335 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
What is the point of taking this car out? At the expense of all others that use the road. I simply see no reason to use so much force. Just let them go.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/th...se-in-florida/
Really? I assume you read the article to see they sped off before the first officer was done with them (fleeing the scene). Then, another officer was almost struck by the driver of the car. Then, they flee again and it turns into a high speed chase. In your mind, what exactly did the women do that didn't warrant this??
Old 04-19-19, 07:15 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
Then, they flee again and it turns into a high speed chase.
It is the high speed chase that is dump.....How badly could their take out of gone wrong? It is just silly. High speed chases are called off in Canada, not so in America. I think their pit maneuver is just dumb
Old 04-19-19, 07:17 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

It is the high speed chase that is dump.....How badly could their take out of gone wrong? It is just silly. High speed chases are called off in Canada, not so in America. I think their pit maneuver is just dumb
And who initiated the high speed chase?
Old 04-19-19, 07:18 AM
kos
Advanced

Received 115 Likes on 97 Posts

Ahhhh Florida. Would expect no less.
Old 04-19-19, 07:19 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

So the lesson in Canada is you could go rob a bank, get in a car and drive as fast as you can so you can get away with it. Not sure I understand the logic.
Old 04-19-19, 07:20 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

So the lesson in Canada is you could go rob a bank, get in a car and drive as fast as you can so you can get away with it. Not sure I understand the logic.
So the potential for serious injury for other motorists or people walking on the sidewalk are outweighed by the potential of some three naked ladies driving around? or a bank robber. Did anyone get shot? Killed? Nope

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 04-19-19 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-19-19, 07:32 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Jill must be the only one in the office again today.
Old 04-19-19, 07:34 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

So the potential for serious injury for other motorists or people walking on the sidewalk are outweighed by the potential of some three naked ladies driving around? or a bank robber. Did anyone get shot? Killed? Nope
How do the officers know what else may have happened prior to them showing up or what else is going on in the car? What if they had 10 kilo's of cocaine in the trunk? What if they had an abducted child in the trunk? Sorry, if you flee the scene and create a high speed chase, you're the one who has created a dangerous situation, not the police.
Old 04-19-19, 07:35 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

What if they had 10 kilo's of cocaine in the trunk? What if they had an abducted child in the trunk? .
Police are trained to deal with facts. No what ifs.. Toronto Police, the ultimate mission statement is the "preservation of human life" Taking that car out is not in the best interest of those around, and using the roads. Dumb Florida cops.
Old 04-19-19, 07:57 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Wouldn't it be the same to say, what is the point in prosecuting someone who made a false bomb threat? The place was evacuated, the threat was determined to be false, and the person when caught, explained, they had a fever, they were out of PTO time and would have been fired for calling in sick that day. The person was charged with a felony, when they could have simply been let go so they could get some rest.
Old 04-19-19, 08:12 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Police are trained to deal with facts. No what ifs.. Toronto Police, the ultimate mission statement is the "preservation of human life" Taking that car out is not in the best interest of those around, and using the roads. Dumb Florida cops.
And in this case, the facts are the women fled the scene twice and ultimately created a high speed chase.
Old 04-19-19, 08:16 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

And in this case, the facts are the women fled the scene twice and ultimately created a high speed chase.
Maybe the point was, the women made a bad decision to flee, the fact is until flight, they didn't commit any crime, and everyone deserves a second chance.

My example is real, btw. These are real people, making bad decisions. What I don't understand, is that if you and I made such decisions, we'd face prison, just like the people in the examples. Where does this, and I quote, "just let them go" notion even come from? You so much as use a cell phone while driving in Ontario, and it's pretty serious, the equivalent of a moving violation and demerits. Why can't people talking on the phone while driving, well, "just let them go."
Old 04-19-19, 08:28 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Tough situation. I agree with Jill to some extent the risk in a high speed chase may outweigh the safety of others and why we don't allow that here, but I don't like the idea of just letting the crooks escape. From what I see in the video, the speed was not that fast and the cops took them out in a relatively safe location and manner.
Old 04-19-19, 08:29 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

So. Put the public in such a dangerous situation because some naked ladies decided to try evade police. Let them go. The license plate, dash cam, will eventually lead to them.

Quick Reply: What is the point of taking this car out?