ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   Next Lexus IS Might get a BMW 3.0-Liter Straight-Six (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/916386-next-lexus-is-might-get-a-bmw-3-0-liter-straight-six.html)

Curated Content Editor 04-15-19 03:29 PM

Next Lexus IS Might get a BMW 3.0-Liter Straight-Six

Next Lexus IS Might get a BMW 3.0-Liter Straight-Six
By William Mutugi

Rumor has it that the next Lexus IS might carry a powerful engine built by its direct rival. Find out more here.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...dc6bee4825.jpg

LeX2K 04-15-19 04:02 PM

This angers me.

Och 04-15-19 04:08 PM

They should also license BMW's i-drive system to replace remote touch or whatever they call the abortion that Lexus currently uses.

RNM GS3 04-15-19 04:21 PM

Lol - if you can’t beat them or copy them then just pay the price for their hardware.

sunamer 04-15-19 05:03 PM

Nice. The only reason I bought my lexus was a combination of fun and reliable. If reliable leaves the equation, I would switch to Alfa then....

Stroock639 04-15-19 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by RNM GS3 (Post 10493893)
Lol - if you can’t beat them or copy them then just pay the price for their hardware.

more like if you're too cheap to beat them lol

like seriously toyota, are you trying to alienate your biggest fans? you once had 4 separate in house developed sports cars in your lineup at once, and now not a single one!

Stroock639 04-15-19 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by sunamer (Post 10493929)
Nice. The only reason I bought my lexus was a combination of fun and reliable. If reliable leaves the equation, I would switch to Alfa then....

isnt that like saying if this jalepeno is too hot for me i'll try a habenero? i mean seriously i've never heard of someone saying i'll go to alfa for some reliability... there's lots of reasons i can understand wanting an alfa, but for reliability?

sunamer 04-15-19 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Stroock639 (Post 10493988)
isnt that like saying if this jalepeno is too hot for me i'll try a habenero? i mean seriously i've never heard of someone saying i'll go to alfa for some reliability... there's lots of reasons i can understand wanting an alfa, but for reliability?

it is not, and you missed the point I was making. Let me try it again.
If lexus loses its reliability crown, then I might as well bite the bullet and go for something that is a lot more fun, and possibly not as bad in terms of reliability. I am compromising fun for reliability with lexus, in other words. When reliability is gone (or becomes just like the rest of the pack) then there is no point for me to compromise fun factor anymore.

Stroock639 04-15-19 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by sunamer (Post 10494013)
it is not, and you missed the point I was making. Let me try it again.
If lexus loses its reliability crown, then I might as well bite the bullet and go for something that is a lot more fun, and possibly not as bad in terms of reliability. I am compromising fun for reliability with lexus, in other words. When reliability is gone (or becomes just like the rest of the pack) then there is no point for me to compromise fun factor anymore.

i see i see... well if that's the case i wish you luck with a nice giulia quadrifoglioglioglgio

sunamer 04-15-19 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Stroock639 (Post 10494025)
i see i see... well if that's the case i wish you luck with a nice giulia quadrifoglioglioglgio

Alfa quoattrofromagio is the right spelling, I think... ;)
and that is assuming, they dont pull the model from the US market by the time Lexus screws up its reliability ratings (when and if).

Stroock639 04-15-19 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by sunamer (Post 10494028)
Alfa quoattrofromagio is the right spelling, I think... ;)
and that is assuming, they dont pull the model from the US market by the time Lexus screws up its reliability ratings (when and if).

ahh ok it's the quoattrofogliogliogllgglio

and true, we're getting all worked up here for something that's still just an idea floating around

Hoovey689 04-15-19 07:58 PM

I don’t see why they don’t take the LS500 3.5 L V35A-FTS, and make a 3.0L version with 320-380hp :dunno:

pman6 04-15-19 10:43 PM

or bring back the 2jz

Stroock639 04-15-19 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by pman6 (Post 10494153)
or bring back the 2jz

well if you mean toyota should literally put a 30 year old engine into an upcoming car then i'd have to say that's not a good move lol... but they need to develop the 3JZ or something that has the same inline-6 configuration with more modern touches

Johnhav430 04-16-19 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Stroock639 (Post 10493988)

lol I was once a big shot and said jalapenos are nothing, this isn't hot to me (I was young, single, grew them in a garden, and, scraped all the seeds out when I used them--DOH!!), I need something hotter. So then I tried habeneros--yep, too hot! Scolville, scmhoville, bring it on!