Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota And Lexus Dealerships Hacked Leaving Millions At Risk -- What You Need To Do N

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-19, 11:29 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts
Exclamation Toyota And Lexus Dealerships Hacked Leaving Millions At Risk -- What You Need To Do N

Toyota And Lexus Dealerships Hacked Leaving Millions At Risk -- What You Need To Do Now

"If you own either a Toyota or Lexus vehicle then you are probably wondering if this network breach of sales dealerships in Japan could impact you. Given that it appears the attackers were able to access the Toyota central network, that’s a fair concern. Tim Mackey, senior technical evangelist at Synopsys, agrees. “Current and former owners of Toyota vehicles should be concerned about this breach” he says, adding “with attackers potentially gaining access to sales records, that data provides a perfect profile from which to build a spear phishing attack.”

Last edited by SoCalRX; 03-31-19 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-01-19, 07:24 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

This is a car co., where I can create a login with your Lexus' VIN, it's totally hilarious, suddenly they care about security? I started getting calls from a dealership in Whippany, NJ, of a sales nature. I decided to ask them just how is it you have my info and are calling me? They told me Lexus Drivers hahahahahahahahahahaha so somebody must have created a login with my VIN. Like Equifax their CIO probably majored in music and is in charge of security
Old 04-01-19, 12:13 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol yeah a lot of these companies are dumb as a rock, can't blame the hackers if they just make it so easy to take.